Posted at 11:23 AM ET, 10/ 5/2010

Rumor Mill: Chelsea Handler dating 50 Cent?

By Liz Kelly

50 Cent and Chelsea Handler get close at New Orleans's Blue Nile jazz bar. (Photo courtesy TMZ.com)

In what could be described as the oddest pairing since the alleged Eminem/Kim Basinger fling, TMZ.com reports that Chelsea Handler and 50 Cent (aka Curtis Jackson) were spotted getting "hot and heavy" at a New Orleans club Sunday night. According to the New York Daily News, the rapper and the comedian have been flirting for months, ever since 50 made an appearance on her E! show "Chelsea Lately." The rapper/actor "left [Handler] a flirtatious voicemail after appearing on her show, and even reportedly sent her flowers."

And, again proving wrong John Mayer's contention that important things don't happen on Twitter, the social networking site reportedly played a part in their courtship. In August, 50 tweeted "I think @chelseahandler is beautiful I wanta see what that dog lookin at on her page."

Sources: TMZ.com, New York Daily News

After the jump, video of 50's hyper-flirty appearance on "Chelsea Lately" ...

By Liz Kelly  | October 5, 2010; 11:23 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Rumor Mill
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Onetime Twitterholic John Mayer explains why he quit
Next: Courtney Love quits Twitter (again); Wyclef Jean enters academia

Comments

Have to wonder what the term "dating" means in the context of Chelsea Handler.

Posted by: tomtildrum | October 5, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Who the hell is Chelsea Handler ?

Or, rather, who cares ??

Posted by: observer31 | October 5, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure that it's purely platonic.

Posted by: ThoughtfulGuy | October 5, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Chelsea Handler's a comedienne. It's not highly news worthy, but she is cougaresque hot, so it's noteworthy that she's getting together with 50 Cent, at least in tabloid news (which happens to be part of her business). I'm not surprised she's looking for a black dude. If only I had money, lol. It's probably not platonic, but I doubt that it's "serious". She's a life-long bachelorette kind of woman, I think. Meh.

Posted by: fbutler1 | October 6, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

"Cougaresque?" Isn't she 35?

Posted by: Carrie6 | October 6, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

I'll believe she's dating 50 Cent when she gets arrested in 50's next shooting incident.

Posted by: bbface21 | October 6, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse