Posted at 10:49 AM ET, 10/ 1/2010

Rumor Mill: Did Oksana Grigorieva accuse ex of abuse, too?

By Liz Kelly

Oksana Grigorieva. (AP)

Multiple sources -- who may or may not be on the payroll of one Mel Gibson -- are telling TMZ.com that Gibson ex Oksana Grigorieva once accused Timothy Dalton of abusive behavior. Dalton is the father of Grigorieva's teenage son. (You know, the kid Gibson called an [expletive].)

According to the sources, Grigorieva (who is expected to land on Oprah's couch in the near future) complained to Gibson about the prior abuse and TMZ claims that “the L.A. County Sheriff's Department is in possession of at least one email from Oksana to Mel in which she claims Dalton physically abused her.”

Grigorieva's lawyer, Daniel Horowitz, says the accusations are complete fabrications.

“Tim is a wonderful father,” commented Grigorieva to TMZ. “We have a great relationship. Any implication that he ever struck me is untrue. He is a very private person and I would like people to respect his privacy and to recognize the sanctity of the love of my son for his father. This is just another vicious attack on my family.”

Source: TMZ.com

By Liz Kelly  | October 1, 2010; 10:49 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Britney Spears to remain under conservatorship; No divorce for Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt
Next: 'Titanic' to get 3-D re-release

Comments

I think if Oksana had not made it her business to talk to the press, andparade her son around for publicity shots, and had not generally come off like she was entitled to celebrity for some reason (is there a term for that?), this nonsense would have been never gone to such excess. To an extent she created this.

Of course Gibson is a rat. Did anyone have to live with the man to know that? Weren't his interviews, racial epiphytes and DUI in 2006 enough? Apparently not. She brought her kid into the home with an abusive rat and then added another child into mix.

She must have known one way or the other there'd be a payout somewhere. Let's face it, Gibson is an easy mark because he goes berserk so easily. Not that I have any serious doubts he got violent.

Somehow I fear this won't get any better because she seems hellbent for face time so the tabloid cycle will continue. If she can't get it for the singing, she'll get it for the blabbing.

To be honest it's hard to respect someone like that. I feel sorry for the kids.

As for the telltale email, time will tell if it's real.

Posted by: JJ111 | October 1, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Whatever may have happened between her and Timothy Dalton, her official statement was very classy.

Posted by: rachelt2 | October 1, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

JJ111
Weren't his interviews, racial epiphytes and DUI in 2006 enough?

Did anyone else immediately flash back to Johnny Carson's sleazy character of Art Fern?

On a serious note, anyone who follows Hax and other advice columnists realizes that some people seem to attract or be attracted to abusive partners, unfortunately. It must be very difficult to break that cycle.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 1, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Are you saying her other partners were abusive? I take it you believe the Dalton story is true?

Personally I think there was a lack of self responsibility here. I think the questionable singing career adds a different dimension to the saga- it goes beyond some sort of nouveau psycho cycle.

Posted by: JJ111 | October 1, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

JJ111:

Liz:

I'm saying it's possible.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 1, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse