Posted at 4:22 PM ET, 10/ 6/2010

The reluctant scoop on Lisa Rinna's Lips

By Liz Kelly

Lisa Rinna sports her slimmed down smile. (AP)

I'm quite possibly failing you in my duties as a board certified celebritologist. But I just cannot get excited about the mini-flurry of Lisa Rinna news. In fact, the mini-flurry of Lisa Rinna news is forcing me consider banging my head against my desk.

But "Lisa Rinna" is a trending search topic on Google and won't seem to go away (not that that has, ahem, any bearing on our content), so the responsible thing to do would be to describe, in detail, her newly-slimmed down lips. Like I could wax poetic about how her lips no longer look like wax candy lips or remind one of the Creature from the Black Lagoon, but instead resemble something vaguely human.

Or I could add something about the extremely odd coincidence (read: publicity stunt) of Rinna's L.A. boutique getting heisted at THE EXACT MOMENT she and husband Harry Hamlin were appearing on the "Today" show to promote their new books and reality show:

Which brings us to the other stuff I don't want to write about: their books and new reality show. Hers: "Starlit." His: "Full Frontal Nudity." Dear god. The show: "Harry Loves Lisa."

Remember, you didn't hear it here first.

By Liz Kelly  | October 6, 2010; 4:22 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Idris Elba gets a new 'Ghost' gig; Sam Raimi on for 'Oz'; and a fundraiser to break up Weezer?
Next: Joseph Gordon-Levitt's brother may have died of overdose

Comments

These are the new and improved lips?? It still looks like she has a duck's bill on her face. AFLAC!!!

Posted by: FallsChurch4 | October 6, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

I've listened to half of this clip & it's giving me a headache. Between Kathie Lee & Lisa - gah!

Posted by: blahblah6b | October 6, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

Lisa Rinna needs to have her other lips enhanced.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 6, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Sas, see you took the "low road" on this one.

Apparently she is as interesting as any Kardashian, except less.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 7, 2010 7:45 AM | Report abuse

I never got the appeal of either of them. His "acting" is always so wooden and his Neadanderthal looks would probably make the average cavewoman swoon. She looks like a Barbie whose lips melted on a curling iron. I tried to watch the clip as well, but it was unwatchable--I lasted only 90 seconds (but then my wife is used to that).

Posted by: MyPostEgo | October 7, 2010 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Yikes.

And Liz, GREAT to have ya' back! We love Jen, but you have been missed.

Posted by: cookgirl1 | October 7, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

I do not have a catty comment. I think she looks great!!! But, then it's not my business what Lisa does with her lips. As long as she's happy and Harry's happy, the rest of us should just shut up! And do what we want to with our own lips. THAT should satisfy all of us. :-) A nice happy world. Ahhhhhh.

Posted by: smartgirl312 | October 11, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse