Posted at 10:34 AM ET, 10/18/2010

Trending Now: Carrie Fisher did coke on "Empire Strikes Back" set

By Liz Kelly

Fisher (center) as Princess Leia with Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford in the original 'Star Wars.' (Lucasfilm Ltd.)

Apparently it's a slow news day because Carrie Fisher's admission that she snorted coke on the set of "The Empire Strikes Back" is trending on Google, just seven days after Fisher told Australian news wire AAP about her on-set drug escapades.

"We did cocaine on the set of 'Empire', in the ice planet," said Fisher -- who details her battles with addiction in the one-woman show (and book) "Wishful Drinking." "I didn't even like coke that much, it was just a case of getting on whatever train I needed to take to get high."

And although we don't condone drug use of any kind here at Celebritology HQ, we can understand how being forced to wander around an underground bunker being sassed by Han Solo while harboring romantic thoughts for another guy who turns out to be your brother might drive someone to self-medicate.

And, I mean, it was the snow planet. Only imagine what Fisher would've resorted to had she been forced to nap inside a Tauntaun.

Source: Daily Mail

Related: That Light-saber wit

P.S. Black Sabbath's song "Snowblind?" About cocaine. Ditto with Eric Claption's "Cocaine."

After the jump, watch "Empire" online...

Have a spare couple of hours? (Of course you do. It's Monday and you're at work.) Watch "Empire" online:

By Liz Kelly  | October 18, 2010; 10:34 AM ET
Categories:  Hollyweird
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kim Kardashian says she's too old to pose nude; Mel Gibson and Tiger Woods to cameo in 'Hangover 2'?
Next: The 'Mad Men' finale: Who the heck is Megan?

Comments

Blinded by the light, also about cocaine.

Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do to get through Lucas' dialog.

At least she never had to say "Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo."

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 18, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

DM,
That is the single worst line of movie dialog ever. Thanks for the memory.

Also about cocaine:

'Cocaine' by Jackson Brown
And didn't Styx do a 'Snowblind' as well?

Posted by: yellojkt | October 18, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

If they're doing Carrie doing cocaine, can they do who she was doing it with? That might lend some life to the old story.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 18, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

No wonder the set of Hoth kept disappearing.

Posted by: benjaminsumner | October 18, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

This would explain the verve behind lines like, "I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on you'll do as I tell you, okay?"

Though I'm with reddragon1 on this one. Carrie has addictions; yawn and big duh.

But if Harrison Ford was partaking of said coke, or if Mark Hamill really wanted to get some cocaine rather than power converters from Tosche Station, then now you're talking. Tell me everything!

Maybe lines like "Gold Five to Red Leader, lost Tiree, lost Dutch" have hidden meanings, too! The possibilities (lunatic though they may be) are endless....

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 18, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Oops, wrong movie. I though we were talking the original "Star Wars" and not "Empire." In that case . . . "Captain, being held by you isn't quite enough to get me excited . . . got any coke?"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 18, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Hey, I made the Hoth joke last week and got reprimanded for it by the Star Wars police. Humbug!

Posted by: northgs | October 18, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse