Posted at 9:38 AM ET, 10/20/2010

Underwear-clad 'spy' Anna Chapman poses on the cover of Russian Maxim

By Liz Kelly

Anna Chapman covers Maxim. (Photo courtesy Maxim)

We're pretty sure Vladimir Ilyich Lenin is spinning in his mausoleum, because the first leader of the Soviet Union probably never imagined that the ultimate fruit of his Bolshevik revolution would be supposed spy Anna Chapman striking a pose on the cover of the Russian edition of Maxim dressed only in bra, panties and what appears to be a Walther PPK.

The New York Daily News, which managed to access the mag's Web site before it was bombarded with traffic and timed out, provides a translation:

"No you are not sleeping and your eyesight is not deceiving you," the Maxim website says in Russian. It is "the world-famous red-headed spy, the mysterious debutante from our list of the country's 100 sexiest women."
"Seduction, like love and friendship are the same everywhere," she told Maxim in Russian, when asked which men are easier to seduce, Russians, British or Americans.
"Most men are divided in three categories: primitive, those that only want sex; smarter, those that want to be loved, and [the] last group -- those that not only want to be loved, they also need that this love will be the biggest and most amazing feeling in your life," she said.
"Those are the most difficult, but that is my favorite category," Chapman added.

Tonight I sleep soundly knowing that this red(headed) menace is thousands of miles away from American shores, now limited to practicing her seduction on Russians. Or Brits and Americans who visit Russia.

Source: New York Daily News

By Liz Kelly  | October 20, 2010; 9:38 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Snooki jumps on the 'Whip My Hair' bandwagon
Next: Rumor Mill: Celebs, including Angelina Jolie, may have done drugs

Comments

"...Anna Chapman posing nude on the cover of the Russian edition of Maxim dressed only in bra, panties and what appears to be a Walther PPK."

You're never nude if you've got a PPK.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 20, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Also, you're not nude if you're wearing a bra and panties.

(Disclaimer for you kids out there: argument not guaranteed to work on a mother who has found your p*rn stash.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 20, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Right you are, Byoo. I've cleared the cobwebs from my brain and removed "nude."

Posted by: Liz Kelly | October 20, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Now THIS is the proper use of photos of women in underwear, as opposed to the GQ Glee spread. Even tho Anna Kutchyakokoff looks a little like Pippi Longstocking.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 20, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

I hate to break it to you Liz Kelly, but that gun is too big to be a Walther PPK. I've watched enough Bond movies in my studies of hot Russian spies (and I'll be sure to add this Maxim to my reading list) to be able to spot a Walther fairly readily.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 20, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

@reddragon1
I don't remember Pippi looking like that...

Posted by: wiredog | October 20, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

The Russian calls her "Agent 90-60-90 (~ 36-24-36) in exclusive photography for your eyes"

Posted by: GWGOLDB | October 20, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus is right - the barrel's too long for a PPK.

Posted by: kabuki3 | October 20, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Good thing we got this spy out of the country.

She could have been downright dangerous to national security!

Posted by: Benson | October 20, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

I'd feed her false information....all night long.

Posted by: nonsensical2001 | October 20, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Whoa - Liz and Jen you are quickly making Celebritology less safe for work with all these scantally clad women popping up whenever I log in. Can't the picture be after the jump?

Posted by: sjcpeach | October 20, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

wiredog, you are right. Pippi Longstocking had longer hair than Anna Meshstocking.

sj, but you get more hits if you put the picture up front.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 20, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Oh come on -- brushed steel with a black handgrip. Looks pretty close to me, though -- unlike Dorkus and Kabuki -- I'm no gun expert:

Posted by: Liz Kelly | October 20, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

I don't think the gun is the point of the picture.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 20, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Okay, every male who is the discussing the GUN in this picture needs to turn in one of their man cards immediately.

Posted by: epjd | October 20, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

ep, you know I'm from Texas, we like to make sure our firearms are properly labeled.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 20, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Meet Other Singles in a Fun Relaxed Setting. Join the Club Now http://bit.ly/awhBi8

Posted by: markballou20 | October 21, 2010 7:12 AM | Report abuse