Posted at 9:43 AM ET, 11/30/2010

Brad Pitt's leather pants: Fashionably frumpy?

By Liz Kelly

Pitt in Paris on Monday. (Getty Images)

Brad Pitt, who (let's just get this out of the way) is hot no matter what he wears, took another step into sketchy fashion territory at Monday evening's "Megamind" premiere in Paris. This time, Pitt sported a pair of what appear to be too-big leather pants that bunch and pool around his ankles, giving his gams (yes, men can have gams) an uncanny resemblance to rhinoceros legs.

To quickly recap, Pitt's previous fashion fails include his Captain Lou Albano-style beard (only Brad subbed in beads for Albano's signature rubber bands) and 2009's unfortunate monagrammed loafer incident.

As I pointed out at the time, the exceedingly hideous loafers were a gift from an assistant. Perhaps the leather pants -- which appear to have been made for a man approximately two feet taller than Pitt -- were also a gift? Or he's mayhaps expecting a mid-life growth spurt? If I have to say something positive about them, I guess they at least match the rumpled coat which Pitt appears to have snagged from a homeless dandy on his way to the event.

By Liz Kelly  | November 30, 2010; 9:43 AM ET
Categories:  Brangelina, Fashion  | Tags:  Brad Pitt
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kardashians pull the plug on the 'Kardashian Card'; David Zucker pays tribute to Leslie Nielsen
Next: With Gotham Award win, is 'Winter's Bone' guaranteed a Best Picture slot?

Comments

Good Morning Liz,

I am LOL at "an uncanny resemblance to rhinoceros legs". Started my day off with a bang!

Luv what you do.

Posted by: snoootty | November 30, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Dear Brad: you know how you get tired of hearing your wife ask, "What do you think about adopting another baby"? Well, the question *I* hear even more often is, "are you going out dressed like THAT?"

I only mention it because I've cleared it with the Lovely Mrs. byoolin, and if you're interested in a little occasional wife-swapping, I'll leave our number with your agent.

b

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 30, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

It's a sad day when a picture of Brad Pitt makes a red-blooded woman's ladyboner go flaccid.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 30, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Was it even necessary to put the Jolie home-wrecker crap in the poll? Seriously,this is getting old. So I take it every time you wrote about Paul Newman and Joanne Woodard,she was refereed to as a home-wrecker right?

Posted by: Sugarbaby2 | November 30, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

I can't even tell where the pants end and the boots start, leading me to wonder if they might be the even more horrible boot-pants! Eeeek!

Holy smokes Sugarbaby! It was a joke, simmer down.

Posted by: talleyl | November 30, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Pretty sure the only thing that gets mentioned with Paul Newman is his Newman-Os.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 30, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

I gotta say, I winced when viewing the picture. It's only remotely kinda-sorta okay garb (given the movie) but Brad...we're talking Paris. Brush up, Dude.

talley1: "carm down" is likely the appropriate response there. Happy Tuesday!

Posted by: CentreOfNowhere1 | November 30, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

dorkusmaximus1:
Though I hate to disagree with you, dear, what gets mentioned with Paul Newman is the fact that he was one hot mofo his entire life.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 30, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Wait wait, I come back from Thanksgiving and Dorkus has gotten married?! I need to check the comments section here more frequently. Stupid mobile site.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | November 30, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

On a more cogent note, I didn't even know leather could wrinkle like that, and honestly I didn't ever want to know. It looks like his boots are attempting to slouch up his legs. Oh, Mr. Pitt. /sad headshake

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | November 30, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Bawlmer:
Yeah, Dorkus kinda lucked out. Regarding the pants, they almost look like a solid-color snakeskin or really cheap pleather over leather - leather DOES slouch like that, but doesn't typically look that awful.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 30, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

It's not just that the pants don't fit, it's that *none of it* fits. Brad Pitt, why did you steal my Aunt Carol's hips?

Posted by: northgs | November 30, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

The pants and jacket combination are what's problematic. Had he ditched the jacket and chosen a some type of casmere sweater on top, I think the look might have worked better.

Posted by: changling | November 30, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Bawlmer,
and one extra cool thing about Dorkus getting married is that mrsdorkus now frequents the Island too, contributing quite delightfully, so lucky us too!

Posted by: agog1 | November 30, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Pleather...LOL!! I don't know why but that word makes me laugh every time!

That's exactly what it looks like, cheap pleather.

Posted by: wadejg | November 30, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Queen Liz, as a practicing vegetarian aren't you opposed to the wearing of leather, on general principle? (See, e.g., Diane Keaton's recent leather dress).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 30, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Those are Chastity Pants! Angelina must have caught Brad getting too cozy with some young thing on set. Next thing you know, Mr. Jolie isn't allowed to leave the house without wearing his Chastity Pants. Nothing less sexy than wrinkled sagging leather.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 30, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

agog,
You're too sweet. Trying my best to snark without embarrassing my dude.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 30, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

MStreet1,

"Wrinkled, sagging leather" - I don't see Lindsay Lohan anywhere in this picture...

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 30, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

They do remind me of the hip-waders that my Mr. Lurker bought for me so I could go fly fishing.

Maybe he's doing some sort of avant-garde stage production of "A River Runs Through It" (I say hopefully....)

Posted by: anonymouslurker | November 30, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

but "hopefully" so that would be an explanation for this "look"

Posted by: anonymouslurker | November 30, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse