Posted at 1:20 PM ET, 11/ 2/2010

How to stage a musical in a busy airport

By Jen Chaney

With "Glee" in rerun mode tonight, some people may feel a strong urge to get their weekly, fresh fix of people busting out semi-obscure pop songs in unexpected everyday situations.

The Internet is here to help.

Specifically, this video of a well-choreographed, pseudo flash mob musical set at Heathrow's Terminal 5 -- part of T-Mobile's "Life's for Sharing" social media effort -- is here to help. Dubbed "Airport: The Musical" and subtitled, "A Special Department of Homeland Security-Themed 'Glee,' " it may raise your spirits while also raising the question: Will a performance of "Return of the Mack" really make my next three-hour flight delay more tolerable?

Watch and decide for yourself.

By Jen Chaney  | November 2, 2010; 1:20 PM ET
Categories:  Pop Culture, Viral Video
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Disney star Demi Lovato enters rehab
Next: Willow Smith makes TV debut, explains that 'Whip My Hair' is the new way of saying 'I'm me'

Comments

Air violins...I'm impressed! :)

This is even better than the Central Station Antwerp mob that did "Do-Re-Mi."

Posted by: SportzNut21 | November 2, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

I am a total sucker for a good singing (or lip-synching) flash mob.

Posted by: kbockl | November 2, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Awwwww...I want to go watch Love Actually now. (Not that I need an excuse. I love that movie.)

Posted by: whatrocks9 | November 2, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Okay, upon further review (and further, and further, repeated review)...I think that last "Welcome Home" bit should be required playing over the PA in all airports around the world.

My goodness, who wouldn't want to travel, just to come home to that kind of beauty?

(Okay, I'm a mushball. Sosumi.)

Posted by: SportzNut21 | November 2, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Heathrow is enough of a mob scene without this kind of stunt. Why don't the performers make themselves useful and offer to carry travelers' luggage?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 2, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I just watched this video and I loved it - got me crying though! I'd love to see one of these unfold in front of me. Will be sending the video to friends very soon!

Posted by: Oxygen1 | November 2, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse