Posted at 9:15 AM ET, 11/16/2010

Julianne Hough admits she's dating Ryan Seacrest; Carey Mulligan to star in 'Great Gatsby'?

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly

Celebrity Beat: Julianne Hough admits she's dating Ryan Seacrest... Christina Aguilera gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame... Sebastian Bach arrested for biting owner of Canadian bar... Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt renew wedding vows (again)... Snooki's birthday bash to be sponsored by LifeStyles condoms.

Video: Allegedly, Taylor Momsen in a 1997 Shake 'N Bake commercial:

Rumor Mill: Kim Kardashian bumps Sarah Palin from People cover... Anne Hathaway reportedly storms out of birthday dinner after bursting into tears... Britney Spears's divorced parents dating again?

Pop Culture Mix: Carey Mulligan has been offered role of Daisy in Baz Luhrmann's "Great Gatsby"... Conan O'Brien's blimp parks itself outside Jay Leno's studio... Is Disney not releasing the original "Tron" on DVD as some sort of backwards marketing ploy?... Mike White on board to direct "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies."

Video: Emma Watson tells David Letterman why she can't get a simple Band-Aid in America:

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | November 16, 2010; 9:15 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Prince William's engagement news comes courtesy of Twitter
Next: Prince William's engagement: How did royals get the word out before Twitter?

Comments

Julianne Hough admits she's dating Ryan Seacrest...I always heard the first step was admitting you had a problem.

Sebastian Bach arrested for biting owner of Canadian bar...Sebastian should go get tested, I hear canadians all have rabies.

Snooki's birthday bash to be sponsored by LifeStyles condoms...Is this one of those 'If you don't use our product, this is what can happen' events?

Kim Kardashian bumps Sarah Palin from People cover...Can't believe I am actually grateful for Kim Kardashian right now.

Also, thanks for all the congrats yesterday guys.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 16, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

"Sebastian Bach arrested for biting owner of Canadian bar..." All a wacky misunderstanding: he was confused about which four-letter word beginning with 'b' was in the phrase, "Who do I have to [b-word] to get a drink around here?"

Heincer renew wedding vows, but fail to renew the slightest bit of interest in whatever the hell it is they're doing.

"Snooki's birthday bash to be sponsored by LifeStyles condoms." Lifestyles brand condoms: with the new Easy-On Applicator and double-layer sidewalls. Because, yeah, you'd hit that. You're disgusting.

"Conan O'Brien's blimp parks itself outside Jay Leno's studio." Ooooh! Celebrity Battle Of The Gasbags!

Now, if you'll excuse me, Dorkus, I have to go rinse this froth from my mouth.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 16, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

"Julianne Hough admits she's dating Ryan Seacrest" -- Julianne Hough, America has voted and tonight you're going home ... with me!

"Christina Aguilera gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame" -- But Britney Spears had one first, and even though Christina's is way better, she can't cut a break.

"Snooki's birthday bash to be sponsored by LifeStyles condoms." -- Special edition orange for the fake bake Jersey Man in you.

"Kim Kardashian bumps Sarah Palin from People cover" -- And she has the bump to do it, too.

"Britney Spears's divorced parents dating again?" -- Lynne said to Jamie, "... baby, one more time."

"Conan O'Brien's blimp parks itself outside Jay Leno's studio" -- I admit CoCo has put on some poundage, but ouch, ladies.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 16, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Hey Dorkus, since you told us that Mrs. Maxima's cool re ScarJo, could you share with us who's on your bride's "kitchen list"?

So Carey Mulligan's the next Mia Farrow?

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt renew wedding vows (again).

Proving that there are far greater risks to the institution of marriage than two folks of the same gender getting hitched.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 16, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Bartender: those Brandenburg Concertos suck.
Bach: --Bites ear--
Customer: It's Mike Tyson!

Too bad LifeStyles condoms weren't present when Snooki's parents were dating. Then we wouldn't have to celebrate her birthday.

I still say Gwinnie is a better Daisy. But I read the book...

Palin/Kardashian--this generation's "Dewey Defeats Truman" moment?

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 16, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

reddragon, while Gwyneth would've made a fine Daisy in her salad days, I believe she's too old for the role now. My recollection from the book was that Daisy was only in her mid- to late-20s.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 16, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

NP, yeah but she was a complex character.

Wait

never mind!

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 16, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

reddragon, I thought Daisy was (like husband Tom) a careless character, and that her "complexity" resided chiefly in Jay's idealized perception of her.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 16, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Hey Byoo', does the Condom Shack on Queen Street sell those double-sided jobs?

Conan! Now THAT's what I call a condom!

Snooki's birthday bash should have been sponsored by Summer's Eve.

Kim Kardashian:"I thought I'd be married by now." Really? For the second or third time?

Liz, in the future would you please consider photoshopping paper bags over Heincer's heads?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 16, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

And I'm still smiling about Dorkus getting married by Elvis.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 16, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Snooki's birthday bash should have been sponsored by Summer's Eve.

***

Summer's Eve: Now available in 45-gallon drums!

As for the the Condom Shack on Queen Street selling those double-sided jobs, I dunno. The woman who runs the place won't let me in. I guess I rubber the wrong way.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 16, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I, too, am finding that I am grateful to Kim Kartrashian, for the first time ever.

Ryan Seacrest? Hmm. Funny, I always thought he played for the other team.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 16, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

I second, or third as the case may be, the wildly improbable notion of being grateful to Kim Kard for any reason whatsoever and yet finding myself in that outlandishly ridiculous space...

I also thought Ryan played for the other team--remember all those staged pictures of him and...who was it? Courtney Cox? Like they invited the paps to take pix of them walking on the beach or something ... my memory is failing ... it all seemed like such a ploy to give the impression he was straight.

Dorkus, I got to the post very late yesterday so I shall reiterate my congratulations and best wishes for a blissful married life!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 16, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse