Posted at 9:25 AM ET, 11/30/2010

Kardashians pull the plug on the 'Kardashian Card'; David Zucker pays tribute to Leslie Nielsen

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Celebrity Beat: Kardashian family pulls the plug on the controversial "Kardashian Card"... Madonna opens her first branded gym in Mexico City... Julia Roberts wants to "rub [Natalie Portman's] weary feet"... Stella McCartney gives birth to baby girl, her fourth child with husband Alasdhair Willis... "Project Runway's" Nina Garcia gives birth to a son, Alexander David Conrod... If she has a boy, Pink wants to name him Jameson -- after the whiskey... It won't ship until January, but you can plunk down $535 now for the Kate Middleton engagement announcement dress... Justin Bieber does indeed have a forehead under all that hair.

Rumor Mill: No, Eva Longoria is not adopting a child from Haiti... Lindsay Lohan asks for restraining order against paparazzi... Britney Spears reportedly content to remain under conservatorship for 2011.

Pop Culture: David Zucker, director of "Airplane!" and "Naked Gun," writes tribute to Leslie Nielsen... Mary J. Blige could join cast of movie version of "Rock of Ages"... Irvin Kershner, director of "The Empire Strikes Back," dies at age 87; George Lucas pays tribute, and so do several celebrity fans, from Simon Pegg to Seth Green to Kevin Smith... Kevin Williamson developing companion series to "Vampire Diaries"... So who wants this cool "Walking Dead" poster as a holiday gift? We kind of do.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | November 30, 2010; 9:25 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Are all of Barbara Walters's fascinating people truly fascinating?
Next: Brad Pitt's leather pants: Fashionably frumpy?

Comments

Surely there must have been gyms in Mexico City before Madonna.

I wouldn't mind rubbing Natalie Portman's feet myself.

I guess "Jameson" is a better name than "Tullamore Dew."

Hang on, Bieb. They made fun of Sir Paul's hair, too.

So now Ms. Longoria is free to adopt ME.

Lilo, I'm not sure papparazzi honor restraining orders. That's kinda the point.

Britney has seen the Dragon Tattoo films. That's why conservatorship doesn't bother her.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 30, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

RIP, KardKard. Now those girls will have to get their money the old-fashioned way: earn it. (No, wait, that sounds ridiculous when you say it out loud.)

Learn from me, Julia Roberts, and don't make your offer to Ms. Portman on Chatroulette.

Scene from the near future: "Well, son, your name comes from mommy's favourite drink - and possibly the cause of your fetal alcohol syndrome."

Lindsay Lohan "asks" for a restraining order? I thought she went to rehab, not The Emily Post School For Girls.

Irvin Kershner, dies at age 87. Said Yoda, "My last wingman, he was. Now the tontine I win."

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 30, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

"Kardashian family pulls the plug on the controversial 'Kardashian Card'" -- Good, because I couldn't quite figure out a way to talk about inserting one into an ATM without it sounding really inappropriate.

"Madonna opens her first branded gym in Mexico City" -- She's calling it "Holiday" Spas. Where you can buy "Frozen" drinks, "Jump" rope, and read "Vogue" beneath a "Ray of Light" while you work out until you turn "True Blue."

"'Project Runway's' Nina Garcia gives birth to a son, Alexander David Conrod" -- But the birthing experience wasn't, shall we say, aesthetically pleasing.

"If she has a boy, Pink wants to name him Jameson -- after the whiskey" -- She's kidding. Big closet "Simon & Simon" fan, Pink. Was either Jameson or Gerald.

"Kate Middleton engagement announcement dress" -- As we speak, fashion houses are poring over paparazzi shots of Kate looking for new trends. Personally, I'm waiting for the just-went-out-to-get-the-paper nightgown or the I-thought-I-was-alone-at-Starbucks sweater set.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 30, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

I'll lose my Kardashian card? Now how am I supposed to buy things?

Posted by: bsumner | November 30, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Can I be next in line after Julia Roberts?

Posted by: kabuki3 | November 30, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

kabuki- I'm a straight female and I would be in line right behind you for that.

Yes. Yes, please.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | November 30, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

RIP Kersh--I was privileged to work with him once, and will fondly remember sitting in his kitchen hashing out scenes while he assembled a huge cauldron of soup. He also had a huge (and I mean HUGE) color portrait poster of Yoda in the entranceway of his home--it's remarkable how alike they looked ;-)

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 30, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse