Kate Middleton, Internet it girl
Now that the engagement of Prince William to girlfriend Kate Middleton has officially been announced, curiosity about the woman formerly known as "Waity Katie" has hit an all-time high on the Web.
Wednesday morning, search terms focused on Middleton were among the top 10 Google searches. What is it people are so desperate to know about Middleton? Could it be speculation about her engagement ring (it was, in fact, Diana's) or her potential wedding dress? Nah. As of early this morning, the searching was mostly banal and somewhat, well, carnal. So. In the interest of satisfying the Kate curious in one mega-blog post that will undoubtedly blow the top off Google search, Celebritology will list the top Kate Middleton search terms and provide links, photos, answers -- in short, satisfaction. This post is likely to bring the Internet to a grinding halt. Just FYI.
The search terms:
1. Kate Middleton: Okay, this is an easy one. She's Prince William's longtime girlfriend, now fiancee. She's young and somewhat hip, aside from the occasional funky (in a bad way) hat. Here she is with Wills in their first post-engagement TV interview:
2. Kate Middleton bikini: I feel only slightly icky passing this link along, but hey, she looks great. Here's a snap of Kate and Wills on vacation in 2006 and, as advertised, Kate is indeed wearing a bikini.
3. Kate Middleton height: It turns out some opportunistic gossip site has already written an entire post about Kate's height, describing her as possessing "the height of a model" and noting that her height, "combined with her slender and athletic build," makes her ideal for most clothes. Surely designers are heaving a sigh of relief. In any case, Kate is reportedly 5 feet 10 inches tall to Wills's 6 feet 3 inches.
4. Kate Middleton pictures: Sure, you could go the predictable route and just gorge on a Google image search, but it would be much more enjoyable -- and SFW -- to browse our curated Kate Middleton photo gallery.
5. How old is Kate Middleton?: Kate is now 28, the same age as Wills, her mate.
More Celebritology coverage:
Last week, the rumor mill started churning again with word that an engagement was imminent.
Us Weekly claimed to have confirmation of a 2011 wedding.
Back in June, Star magazine claimed Kate was carrying a royal bun in the oven. Buckingham Palace called the report "complete nonsense."
| November 17, 2010; 10:57 AM ET
Categories: Royals | Tags: Kate Middleton, Prince William
Save & Share: Previous: Ryan Reynolds named People's 'Sexiest Man Alive'
Next: Justin Bieber dolls hit store shelves
Posted by: reddragon1 | November 17, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.