Posted at 8:30 AM ET, 11/12/2010

Former Miss California Carrie Prejean expecting first baby; First 'Deathly Hallows' reviews roll in

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly

Celebrity Beat: Liam Neeson says Mel Gibson's "cool" with him taking over his "Hangover 2" role (watch them together in 1984's "The Bounty" which was, coincidentally, a Dino De Laurentiis production)... Jane Fonda reveals she had breast cancer, but is now "fine"... Lindsay and Michael Lohan, a reunion... Taylor Momsen blames her parents for ruining her childhood... Hulk Hogan applies for marriage license... Vera Farmiga gives birth to baby girl Gytta Lubov... Eddie Munster actor Butch Patrick goes to rehab... Dick Van Dyke rescued by porpoises... "Jersey Shore" reject Angelina Pivarnick records "rap" song.

Rumor Mill: According to the National Enquirer, a "brutal fight" led to the Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus divorce... Lindsay Lohan gets go-ahead to do one-day magazine shoot... Two Gosselin kids expelled from school for fighting... Demi Lovato's rep denies she called dad from rehab.

Pop Culture Mix: The first reviews for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" are in... AMC cancels "Rubicon"... A preview of music from the Gwyneth Paltrow "Glee" episode... Several actresses are reportedly pursuing lead female roles in "The Dark Knight Rises," including Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley... People who may be involved in upcoming Muppet movie: Paul Rudd, Jane Lynch, Jack Black, John Krasinski and Ed Helms... Pee-Wee Herman is on Broadway, and apparently he's a delight.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | November 12, 2010; 8:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'The Simpsons': Will it ever end? Should it?
Next: Pop Culture Pulse: The wizard returns

Comments

"Jane Fonda reveals she had breast cancer, but is now 'fine'" is one of those rare sentences that includes the words "Jane Fonda" and "breast" but which does not include the word "Barbarella." (Also, coincidentally, a Dino De Laurentiis production!)

"Gytta Lubov?" "No, thanks, I've already got one."

"Eddie Munster actor Butch Patrick goes to rehab." Accompanied by that great theme song, I hope.

Isn't that guy from "Mary Poppins" whose surname invokes WaPo's wirty dirds filter a little old to just now discover his porpoises for living? [I'll pause for the groan.]

"Jersey Shore" reject Angelina Pivarnick records "rap" song: what's surprising about this is that a typical "Jersey Shore" reject usually ends up harvested for its stem cells.

"Demi Lovato's rep denies she called dad from rehab" reminds me of this gem from the '80s: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhLtGlK_5V0

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

That "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" actor would have been a lot less trouble if his name was Richard Van Lesbian.

I'm just sayin'.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Jane Fonda reveals she had breast cancer, but is now "fine"...Just got back from Vegas where I happened to wander into the Playboy store in Caesars and found a book filled with photos of red heads from back in the day. Anyways, I can attest from her photo that Jane Fonda was also "fine" back in the day. (that was just a long winded way of mentioning I was in Vegas for most of this week)

I was under the impression that most people on Jersey shore were rejects.

By the way, I'd be happy to console Giada on her recent loss.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 12, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

In other words, Taylor Momsen is a normal teenager.

Of course the Gosselin kids are fighting. When you gotta scramble just to get to be first in the bathroom, it becomes a way of life. We should only start worrying when one of the boys starts hitting on the neighbor toddler kid. Or when the girls start dictating to the boys what they can wear or when they can go out.

Posted by: epjd | November 12, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Guess Butch Patrick answered his own question of "Whatever Happened to Eddie?"

Posted by: wadejg | November 12, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

Can't believe I actually found the celebrity beat. Either it has not been here or it is almost impossible to find. I always end up clicking on stuff I could care less about in a futile attempt to find this. Consider that when you are counting how many people navigate to the articles focusing on one celebrity subject at a time.

Posted by: ALLOST | November 12, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

(Well, my commentary on this Mix got stuck in the WaPo comment holding file. Must've been my imagined fight dialogue between Miley's parents about whether or not she should pose proper nacked for the next Annie L. photo shoot. Anyway, you've been spared my ramblings. Happy Friday, all!)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 12, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

"Dick Van Dvke rescued by porpoises" - I'm really trying to come up with a Brittany from Glee joke, but failing miserably.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 12, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Yo, TD: the hold is because you didn't change the name of the guy who played Rob Petrie to Richard Van Lesbian, or as suggested by yello, Dick Van Dvke.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin, you wrote that on porpoise, didn't you?

I wonder if there are gay and lesbian porpoises.

Perhaps Hollywood can make a movie about Richard Van Lesbian's experience, with the porpoise lead played by Dolphin Lundgren.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 12, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Actually, byoolin, it was probably because my view on the Van Ds (not to be confused with Kat Von D) is that while Di--, er, "Richard" was saved, no one noticed Jerry Van D beside his brother, thus Jerry was left to fend for himself.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 12, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

First Caprica and now Rubicon. What is left on television that requires an attention span long than that of a gnat. I sure more than a few "Losties" had some hope that these complex yarns would spin out over some period of time - rather than getting tangled in the machinery of TV ratings. Sigh.

Posted by: gvanderlek | November 12, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

George: It's just like that story, ah, "The Prince and the Porpoise".
Blackadder: "...and the Pauper", sir.
George: Oh, yes, yes. "The Prince and the Porpoise and the Pauper".

- Blackadder, "Duel and Duality"

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 12, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

I can't help feeling sorry for those poor Gosselin kids. It's not their fault their parents had so many kids and are such train wrecks.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 12, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

First Caprica and now Rubicon. [snip}

Posted by: gvanderlek | November 12, 2010 12:16 PM

============================================

The upside is that I now have a lot more room on my DVR. I just don't know what to do with it.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 12, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

According to media reports, two of the Gosselin kids (boy and girl) were expelled not only for fighting, but bullying, unacceptable language and generally uncivilized behavior. Quite aan accomplishment for a couple of six year olds. They will be home-schooled? Give me a break, surely not by Americas's most unfit little mommy, Kate. The amount of time this would take away from plastic surgery, personal appearances, maintenance on that godawful hair and thinking up new ways to exploit her children make that idea a fantasy.

The state of Pennsylvania needs to revisit custodial arrangements for those kids. Can you imagine them as teenagers?

Posted by: Frustratededucator | November 13, 2010 12:12 AM | Report abuse

Back to Jane Fonda. Jane unlike most celebrities, Madonna included has made huge contributions to American honor, and yes pride at being an American, adding to the dialogue on the morality of war.

I say this me a Marine wounded combat vet thinking my children were never allowed to watch a Jane Fonda movie. I was an @#$ and was so wrong. I am sorry Jane!

Posted by: bm66535 | November 14, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse