Posted at 10:33 AM ET, 11/22/2010

New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys rock AMAs; Tony Parker files for divorce in Texas

By Liz Kelly

Celebrity Beat: Likely in a bid to enforce their existing pre-nup agreement, Tony Parker files for divorce from Eva Longoria in Texas... Malin Ackerman to replace Lindsay Lohan in Linda Lovelace biopic... Sorry, Charlie. Britons want Prince William as king... Justin Bieber dominates American Music Awards... Jay-Z admits that he shot his older brother when he was 12... "Real Housewife of Atlanta" Kim Zolciak admits she's pregnant in typically trashy tabloid spread... Vincent Gallo annoyed by Twitter impostors... Speaking of Twitter, Courtney Love is back at it, posting NSFW photos... Speaking of photos, here's one of Ashley Olsen carrying a large dog... David Arquette parties through separation in Miami. Meanwhile, in L.A...

Rumor Mill: Did Tony Parker also sext a 19-year-old British model?... Kourtney Kardashian's baby rushed to the hospital for allergic reaction to peanut butter... Capri Anderson (Charlie Sheen's Plaza hotel rampage "date") says she was paid to keep quiet. Guess that didn't work... Has Teri Hatcher quit "Desperate Housewives"?

Pop Culture Mix: "Harry Potter" tops the weekend box office. Duh... "Lost" co-creator Damon Lindelof reviews "Deathly Hallows" and, ahem, writes that it takes too long to get to the point... "Lost" alum Jorge Garcia cast in J.J. Abrams new Fox pilot "Alcatraz"... Claire Danes filming Showtime pilot "Homeland"... Okay, this is so cool: "Star Wars" characters rendered in font.

[Updated at 12:04 p.m. ET with details on Kardashian baby.]

By Liz Kelly  | November 22, 2010; 10:33 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Leonardo DiCaprio to produce and star in JFK assassination movie
Next: Leonardo DiCaprio in airliner close shave after engine shuts down

Comments

'Capri Anderson (Charlie Sheen's Plaza hotel rampage "date") says she was paid to keep quiet. Guess that didn't work'... Wasn't it Caharlie Sheen who said you don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to leave afterwards?

Posted by: yellojkt | November 22, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, Britons. You haven't really thought this through, have you? You'd have such a constitutional crisis - a right pranging. HM The Queen would have to abdicate, and by law Charles would succeed, and then he would have to abdicate too. Oh, and not only would Parliament have to go along with it, the 16 other countries in the Commonwealth would have to buy in as well.

Vincent Gallo has Twitter imposters? #MoreSurprisingThanAGoodReviewForTheBrownBunny

Can't see the photos, but I have to assume that Ashley Olsen and I define "large dog" differently (e.g., the large dog I saw yesterday in the park was carrying a traffic cone in his mouth like it was a twig).

I think "Charlie Sheen's Plaza hotel rampage 'date'" must be quite an attention-getter to have at the top of your résumé.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 22, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

byoo - can't the Queen declare who succeeds her, as in 'I bypass Charles and annoint Wills to be the king'?

Ashley's dog is bigger than a Chihuahua; compared to Ashley, the poor thing she is trying to hang on to IS huge...

Did Eva already file for divorce from Tony? So if he files too, how does that work? ep, you around?

The Star Wars font characters are quite cute, a welcome respite from the un-classy and certainly uncute likes of David Arquette, Kim Zolciak, Tony Parker, et al.

and Wow, comments about the Travolta baby and Scientology certainly got wound up.

Posted by: agog1 | November 22, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

agog1 - Eva filed in LA last week, supposedly Tony's filing his own to enforce their prenup? If it comes out that he did cheat on her, it could affect the prenup and spousal support she's requesting.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 22, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

*****

Nope. The British monarchy actually has very limited power (not like in Ye Olde Dayes) to make stuff up as it goes along. The rules for succession, for instance, were codified into English law by the Act of Settlement in 1701. (And the whole "16 Commonwealth countries must approve abdication" thing dates to the Statute of Westminster 1931.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 22, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Remember: Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony.

I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

(I love that word, "bint.")

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 22, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

the Queen will not abdicate. The good news is the Windsor women live longer than the Windsor men. So, look to Chuckie to pop off shortly after becoming King. Or heck, if he pops off before the Queen, the succession does go straight to William.

As for the Parker/Longoria divorce. It's all about jurisdiction. Do they live in CA, where the alimony rules are kinder or do they live in Texas where no way no how is a millionaire actress getting alimony just because hubby cheated on her. Heck, it's only been in the last 15 years, you could get alimony at all in Texas.

Posted by: epjd | November 22, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

byoo, Thanks for clarifying that the British monarch is NOT chosen by a special edition of "Britain's Got Talent." Not that the monachy necessarily REQUIRES talent...

The dog is large compared to Ashley. FWIW.

Also, I was a bit confused by "JayZ" and "large dog" in the same paragraph.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 22, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

OK, am I the only one who remembers when Dick Clark dreamed up this whole "American Music Awards" thing our of thin air because he wanted to make more money by creating his own pseudo-Grammy world?

It's like me saying I want to be King of England and Dick Clark's gonna bankroll my push through Parliament. It's ridiculous.

That said, I'm so sorry I missed BSB / NKOTB. Did they have The Right Stuff? Did they Want It That Way?

And doesn't the idea of Justin Bieber dominating any award show just kinda prove my point about the whole People's Choice-y manufacturedness of it all?

What's next, the "Video Music Awards" on MTV? Oh, wait....

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 22, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

If the monarchy *had* been chosen by a reality show, odds are good that I'd be a subject of His Majesty Simon Zinc-Trumpet-Harris.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 22, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

byoolin, this is why Roman emperor succession will always be more entertaining than the English ways.

ep, I know they have a house in the Dominion. Are we sure Eva would be the one getting alimony? She'll have the Desperate Housewife residuals for the rest of her life. Tony doesn't even have a shoe deal.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 22, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I am relived that Jar-Jar Binks is not rendered in font. ON the other hand, I would love to see the person pictured in the "You Are Not Supposed to Know" link (5th photo down in the left column) rendered in font...or in any other matter, for that matter.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 22, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Lordy, Lordy, Sally Quinn is blowing a gasket....and maybe Norman Lear, too.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 22, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Sally Quinn complains about an untalented amateur sticking around somewhere long after her best-before date by dint of her connections?

*cough*

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 22, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Tony likely has a larger contract than Eva does, not taking residuals into consideration; couldn't the prenup prevent either one of them having access to the other's future funds, like residuals for her and, say, shoe deals for him? Ridiculous that either one of them is asking for support at all.

I have no idea if that was even coherent, I'm only running on one cup of coffee so far.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 22, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I guess it depends on how the prenup is written; I know in some, if one spouse cheats on the other, the prenup is then null and void.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 22, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

I splooted all over my keyboard and computer screen when I read Quinn imagining Carrie Ann saying, "Sally, you're a good journalist." Sally got her job only because Ben found her enchanting *cough* *gag*

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 22, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

mrsdorkusmaximus

Hmmm, are you trying to convey a message to Dorkus Maximus, now that reports of rockiness in the ScarJo-RyRe marriage are surfacing? Harsh...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 22, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I was going to say "Irony thy name is Damon Lindelof", but it looks like we better add Sally Quinn to that list.

Posted by: klaw009x | November 22, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

"Liz, why isn't there a link to Celebritology in the Entertainment News list on the front page of WaPo online any more? There wasn't a link anywhere on that page until an hour or so ago. What's up with this?"

I've been wondering that too

Posted by: HardyW | November 22, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Nosy_Parker
Ha, not at all. Though RyRe is one pretty SOB... (then again, so's ScarJo).

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 22, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

ep, & mrs-maximus, et al,

I think the divorce might be an interesting case to watch - could it be that the threshold for infidelity in a marriage is different in TX & CA, so each files in a more favorable jurisdiction?

(I do agree - I don't really see either credibly pleading poverty.)

or perhaps there's another allegation that has yet to be slung.

Posted by: anonymouslurker | November 22, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

anonymouslurker:

You bring up a good point, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to it than the sexting allegations.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | November 22, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

... Justin Bieber dominates American Music Awards...

Why does this make me think of what my puppy does to his bed all over my living room?

Posted by: jes11 | November 22, 2010 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Uh, Sas? Sally Quinn is maybe doing WHAT to Norman Lear?

Posted by: KevFromArlington | November 22, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse