Posted at 8:30 AM ET, 11/17/2010

Oksana Grigorieva sits down with Larry King; Is a 'Wizard of Oz' remake in the works?

By Liz Kelly

Pam Anderson appears on India's 'Big Boss.' (AP)

Celebrity Beat: Oksana Grigorieva tells Larry King she didn't think she'd "live through" Mel Gibson battle... In an "Ellen DeGeneres Show" appearance scheduled to air today, Pink confirms she's pregnant... NBC to air hour-long "Dateline" Prince William and Kate Middleton special tonight... Kelly Osbourne shows off bikini bod for Shape magazine... Beyonce's parents fail to show for divorce court... Randy and Evi Quaid miss yet another court hearing... Pam Anderson to appear in India's version of "Big Brother"... Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen murdered in Beverly Hills... Former "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redmond arrested in wife's murder.

Rumor Mill: Despite a denial from Eva Longoria, a source tells People the "Desperate Housewives" star plans to file for divorce from Tony Parker... Media trainer quits after just three days of working with Kanye West... Is Jennifer Aniston hanging out at at nudist resort?... Did Jessica Simpson buy her own engagement ring?... Lindsay Lohan reportedly "furious"at mom for "Today" appearance... Justin Bieber reportedly offers to show airport security his abs... Willow Palin posts homophobic slurs to Facebook... Is Kate Gosselin feeding her kids week-old sandwiches?

Pop Culture Mix: Robert Zemeckis in talks to direct "Wizard of Oz" remake... Red-band trailer for "Your Highness" -- starring James Franco, Danny McBride, Zooy Deschanel and Natalie Portman -- hits the web.

By Liz Kelly  | November 17, 2010; 8:30 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Behold the 'Green Lantern' trailer
Next: Ryan Reynolds named People's 'Sexiest Man Alive'

Comments

"Willow Palin posts homophobic slurs to Facebook"...Classiness does run in the family. So cute when the cubs imitate the mama grizzly.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 17, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

"Justin Bieber reportedly offers to show airport security his abs"...If any security line horror story will end these pointless invasions of our privacy, this should. In other news, the TSA is flooded with applications for security screener from 12-year-old girls.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 17, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

"Pink confirms she's pregnant"...The news was made public when she sang her new single, "You Make Me Morning Sick".

Posted by: yellojkt | November 17, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

"Willow Palin posts homophobic slurs to Facebook."

Show of hands: How many Lizards would've gotten punished as kids for using know I was reprimanded for less foul language.

SPOILER ALERT: I wonder if Bristol's continued success on DWTS (due to viewer voting overcompensating for bottom-of-the-barrel judges' scores the past several weeks) will ultimately prompt a backlash against Mama Grizzly. I don't know whether Sarah's followers are just excessively enthusiastic, or whether robo-call ballot box-stuffing is occurring that could lead to an investigation into the show (cf. the quiz show scandals of the '50s). Guess Bristol's lucky the House of Representatives will have a GOP majority come January.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Belated congrats to Prince William and Ms. Middleton. It's about bloody time.

Very belated, but most sincere, congrats to Dorkus and Mrs. Maximus. Sorry I missed the facebook update.

I am not too worried about the Wizard of Oz remake. They plan to use the original script. I don't have to worry (too much) about Dorothy having sex with the Tin Man and the Scarecrow, while the Cowardly Lion races through the Emerald City to stop the Wicked Witch from setting off a nuclear device.

Of course Jessica Simpson bought her own engagement. You don't think anyone would marry her otherwise. Plus there is no argument about her returning it when the engagement ends.

At this point, it would be news if the Quaids appeared for court.

Posted by: epjd | November 17, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Let's try this again (more caffeine still needed):

Show of hands: How many Lizards would've gotten punished as kids for using such terms? I know I was reprimanded for less foul language.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

ep-

******************************************************

Actually, not gonna lie, that sounds pretty cool. I don't need another allegory of the plight of the American working class struggling to find they're identity in the Industrial Revolution.

And ep, I posted it on facebook on Friday night so I think many people missed it.

And now Beyonce's parent's aren't showing up for court? I think the Quaids should sue for trademark infringement. But then again I'd bet neither party would show up for the court date.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

"Sorry that you guys are all jealous of my families success and you guys aren't goin to go anywhere with your lives."

Hopes that in addition to getting reprimanded for using such foul language, Willow's family has a grammar lesson that covers the difference between plural and possessive.

Posted by: MzFitz | November 17, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

I got punished as a kid for yelling 'dork!' Now that is about the tamest curse word kids use.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 17, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Don't do it, Prince William! When Chris Hansen walks into that kitchen, RUN!

Kelly Osbourne in 'Shape' prompts me to wonder if her dad ever covered The Monks' "Nice Legs, Shame About The Face."

"Is Jennifer Aniston hanging out at at nudist resort?" This would be a welcome change of pace from the usual nudist resorts, where most guests - male and female - look alarmingly like me.

"Justin Bieber reportedly offers to show airport security his abs." Great - HE can go through the full-body scanner and let the TSA feel him up on behalf of every poor SOB who has to go through an American airport.

"Willow Palin posts homophobic slurs to Facebook..."
1. Come on, she's not really a celebrity.
2. Come on, a 16-year-old using those words is about as rare as Richard Pryor's use of the n-word. Maybe not right, but not newsworthy.
3. Every time the name of one of the Alaska Hillbillies makes an appearance in the media, it's like a burr under the saddle of my appreciation for the work of the unrelated Michael of Monty Python's Flying Circus.

"Is Kate Gosselin feeding her kids week-old sandwiches?" Responds Kate, "Wait, *I* am supposed to feed these things?"

"Robert Zemeckis in talks to direct "Wizard of Oz" remake." Great. I will begin vomiting NOW.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 17, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, consider my hand raised.

Posted by: MzFitz | November 17, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

MsFitz, I'm thinking grammar is not a high priority with that family.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

MzFitz, this weekend in VA. I spotted a personalized license plate that read "HUG FITZ." Was that you?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: yellojkt

***************************************************

Hmmmm.......

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

MzFitz, has anyone alerted you to the existence of a very fine, very black comedy called "Call Me Fitz"?

It stars Jason Priestley as a sleazeball used car dealer and Ernie Grunwald as Larry, who arrives and announces that he is Fitz's conscience. Hilarity - vicious, terrible, cruel hilarity - ensues.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 17, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

DM,

My father very angrily explained that 'dork' was a euphemism for 'penis'. In which case you should be very proud of your moniker.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 17, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Oksana must have watched all the Mad Max movies before she talked to Larry.

"Pam Anderson to appear in India" is mind-boggling enough. Typically, the land that gave us the Kama Sutra pretends sex no longer exists.

Eva Longoria needs an affair with Evan Longoria.

Anniston "hanging out" in a nudist resort? Everyone in a nudist resort hangs out.

Most people don't WANT to show airport security their a-, wait, there's a "b" in there. Never mind.

A remake of "The Wizard of Oz" and Zooey Deschanel in the same paragraph. I saw one of two DVD's of Tin Man, a sorta remake with Zooey as "DG." One of the many reasons I cannot stand her. I will watch Your Highness ONLY if Zooey's character is killed off early, in a particularly gruesome and disgusting way. But I expect YH is not Saw XCVII. Oddly, I thnk Emily rocks!

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 17, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

reddragon, are you a "Bones" fan too?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Speaking of bones, "Gwyneth dances great on 'Glee,' despite osteopenia":

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Hey, look at this! 67-year-old Steven Cowan thinks Bristol Palin is "not a good dancer" and is on DWTS only because of you-know-who.

One reason we know what he thinks but not vice-versa: he was so "enraged" by her DWTS routine that he "blasted his television with a shotgun, leading to an overnight standoff with a SWAT team."

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 17, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Is that type of gown (sari?) normally worn with a ginormous fake boob hanging out? Seems pretty disrespectful.

The Jessica Simpson story is just too sad.

Ah, Facebook. Today's most effective method of stupid people hanging themselves. Works every time.

"Abs"? At Justin B's age, isn't that baby fat?

Posted by: Californian11 | November 17, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

byoo', you crack me up.

"I wonder if Bristol's continued success on DWTS ... will ultimately prompt a backlash against Mama Grizzly."

Oh, Nosy, here's hoping!!!

Posted by: Californian11 | November 17, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Twasn't me, Nosy. I'm too cheap and lazy for vanity plates. I'm also not a stranger hugger.

I used to teach, and it would generally take the entire school year for at least one student to notice my name as something other than honorific + family name. Kids...

Posted by: MzFitz | November 17, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Dropping words like that would have had me grounded for a month, with no TV, no phone, and (worst of all) no books.

But kids these days......

Posted by: DCCubefarm | November 17, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Well, I guess that apple didn't fall far from the Palin tree. Although to judge by that grammar, it may have been dropped on its head.

Pam, please, use the sari for its intended purpose and cover up!

"Is Jennifer Aniston hanging out at nudist resort?" Probably less so than most.

"Media trainer quites after just three days of working with Kanye West." Thus proving the old adage that you can't teach a mad ego new tricks.

Posted by: northgs | November 17, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

northgs-

****************************************************

No, that was Trig.

[Looks back, squints eyes, what's that in the distance? Looks like a line. May have gone too far past]

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Of course it's a line. The kid's name is "Trig." If the line is 400m distant, what is the value of Φ?

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 17, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

1.6180339887.... give or take.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

I love that I apparently didn't care to proof-read the post where I dis Willow Palin's grammar.

Is that a bottle of baby oil on the table in front of Pam?

Posted by: MzFitz | November 17, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 17, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

1.6180339887.... give or take.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 17, 2010 1:59 PM

And here I thought that was Russia on the horizon.

Posted by: northgs | November 17, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

DM
1.6180339887.... give or take.

You're golden!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

DM
northgs-
*******************************************
No, that was Trig.

Considering that Sarah flew to Houston on business not long before Trig was due, and her water broke while there, then instead of going to one of Houston's world-class hospitals she flew all the way back to Anchorage in labor, and finally road-tripped up to her village to have Trig in the local hospital, I'm of the suspicion that she was attempting a Wasilla miscarriage.

Line? What line?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I like your theory Nosy. It may be the only one to convince me that Bristol is not the mother of both Trig and that other one...

Posted by: MzFitz | November 17, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Yes, Dorkus, a dork is a whale penis. The urban dictionary has some factoids about dorks that should make you proud and the Missus brag to her girlfriends.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 17, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Sas. Now in addition to "The Great Gatsby" I'll have to reread "Moby Dick." Dick? Whoops, now we know what Captain Ahab was really chasing.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Trig with Trig, Dorks with Dorkus, clearly I shoulda arrived at this party earlier. Is the tiki bar still open?

"Oksana Grigorieva tells Larry King she didn't think she'd 'live through' Mel Gibson battle" -- But she did succeed, making her one of many to have endured an entire screening of "The Passion of the Christ."

"Is Jennifer Aniston hanging out at at nudist resort?" -- Define "hanging out."

"Justin Bieber reportedly offers to show airport security his abs" -- Abs, schmabs. Knowing his tendency to bump into things, I'm surprised he can even go through the TSA scanner without knocking the thing over.

"Robert Zemeckis in talks to direct 'Wizard of Oz' remake" -- ep, I would see your version in a heartbeat. I can just see the Cowardly Lion singing, "What has the Witch got that I haven't got? Plutonium."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 17, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Whoops, reddragon1. Missed your hanging-out comment. Mea culpa.

And byoolin, thanks for the image of the typical naturist. Kinda scared to know that / how you know this. And trying to shake the visual of you and your friends hanging out. Like a sea of evil Canadians without a maple leaf in sight.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 17, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

To everyone who liked my Wizard of Oz remake. I realized as I was typing it, it actually would make a pretty good movie.

Which tells me I know Hollywood way to well. And that the Tin Man was terrible.

Posted by: epjd | November 17, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Is she a nudist?? Lol, I am a nudist.I would like to recommend you to the world's best and largest nudist dating site for world wide nudists , naturists and naked people to share nude
photos and experiences and chat with real nudists Lots of fun on nudistconnect.com

Posted by: jesscica | November 17, 2010 8:31 PM | Report abuse

I so miss reading the blog & comments in real time. I'm happy to have a job, but really hate the net nanny

Just how many 'successful families does Willow have?

Posted by: jes11 | November 17, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse