Posted at 8:54 AM ET, 11/18/2010

Rachel Zoe is pregnant; Mel Gibson wants custody of baby Lucia

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly

Celebrity Beat: Rachel Zoe confirms it via Twitter: She's pregnant... Amid continued protests, Angelina Jolie cuts Bosnia filming short... Demi Lovato will spend Thanksgiving in rehab, but her family will be there... Alanis Morissette expecting baby boy... Former "Idol" Chris Daughtry and wife welcome twins... In new Newsweek essay, Tiger Woods appears to be blaming golf for cheating on his wife... "Science Guy" Bill Nye recovers after on-stage collapse...

More: Palin daughters (kind of) apologize for posting gay slurs to Facebook... Look out world, Avril Lavigne is officially divorced.

Rumor Mill: Mel Gibson wants sole custody of daughter Lucia... Lindsay Lohan's family upset about "Glee" jokes... Tony Danza yells at priest during funeral... Pink told Ellen DeGeneres she's pregnant before she told her own father.

Pop Culture Mix: "Thriller" to be performed as part of "Glee" Super Bowl episode... Dennis Leary may join cast of new Spider-Man movie... "Paranormal Activity 3" slotted for October 2011 release... Joel McHale to host 2011 Independent Spirit Awards... Robert Zemeckis will not remake "The Wizard of Oz," so don't get your flying monkeys in a twist... Mark Ruffalo on getting his role in "The Avengers" (apparently he found out it was a done deal when a car showed up to transport him to the airport to go to Comic-Con).

Video: Could this guy be the world's biggest Harry Potter fan? Well, he can wear Harry Potter clothing for three months without wearing the same thing twice, so... (Via Geekologie)

Chat Day! Forget that meeting. At 2 p.m. ET, you'll want to be behind your keyboard for this week's Celebritology Live chat.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | November 18, 2010; 8:54 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rumor Mill: Erin Barry revealed as Tony Parker's alleged mistress
Next: 'Cowboys & Aliens' trailer hits the Web: Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig and ETs; What's not to like?

Comments

Angelina SHOULD be filming in France. They don't seem to have a problem with rapists (see Roman Polanski). yeah, I KNOW that's not what the movie's about...

Tiger, the problem in golf is "shank," not skanque.

Ok$ana need$ $ole cu$tody of Lucia.

Lilo's family should be upset that Lilo actually does the things that Glee joked about. If Glee had joked about her wearing combat boots as a fashion accessory, I might have some sympathy.

Dennis Leary ought to be good as a villain in something.

It's too late, Mr. Zameckis. The rumors have already raised the spirit of Zoey Deschanel.

There are worse remakes to be associated with (see above) than the Avengers. Let's just hope they don't screw it up.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 18, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Hardly surprising, Angelina Jolie: You knew Bosnia was on Team Jen. Herzegovina, on the other hand...

"Alanis Morissette expecting baby boy." And yes, she's heard from *everybody* that that's another thing that is not ironic.

Who'd have thought that of the ESPN "interview," the Newsweek "essay," and the "cheating on a frickin' supermodel, for cryin' out loud," it would be the last item that was at least a little bit believable?

"Mel Gibson wants sole custody of daughter Lucia..." Two bad she didn' thave a sister - they could be the next Prussian Blue.

"Lindsay Lohan's family upset about "Glee" jokes." And luvlinsey copied that old guy's reaction to DWTS.

"Dennis Leary may join cast of new Spider-Man movie." One 'n.' But never mind that, what I want to know is, "Will. Every. Single. Damn. Word. He. Utters. appear on the screen in block letters like they do in those stupid Ford commercials?" Someone will have to report back to me, because those ads are so annoying I'll never buy a Ford and I've had it with Denis. I can't even hear to the chorus of his brilliant song, "A**hole," anymore without thinking, "Well, yeah, you are NOW." // end rant //

Now that Zemeckis is not remaking "The Wizard of Oz," let's start the rumour that Michael Bay *is*.

Any guy who can wear Harry Potter clothing for three months without wearing the same thing twice is certainly the world's biggest something.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 18, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

"Two bad"?

My bad.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 18, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

"Hear to the chorus"?

I think I am going to have demand a refund from Tims - their coffee this morning seems to have been a little watery.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 18, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

"Our family is overwhelmed with joy by these two precious gifts from God," the singer said on his site. "The babies are both healthy and resting. Thanks to everyone for their love and prayers."

The twins, who were conceived through gestational surrogacy...

---

If the twins were a result of gestational surrogacy, wouldn't the twins be a gift from the fertility specialists and the woman who carried the twins?

Posted by: MzFitz | November 18, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Please note Denis Leary has only one "n" in his first name.

Posted by: Vikkie | November 18, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Apparently Mel Gibson wants custody of baby Lucia because, with Oksana gone, there's no one around to slap.

Speaking of slap, the priest is probably thankful that Tony didn't give him the Danza Slap. Hmmmm.....he's a priest....maybe he's disappointed.

It's okay that the Plain daughters kid of apologize. Because they are kind of trailer trashy. I sure hope that Bristol is going to treat us to a tuna taco tango on the finale of DWTS.

It's too early to breathe a sigh of relief about Zemeckis not remaking the Wizard of Oz. There are a couple of other 1939 movies he could re-make. If he re-makes "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington," you know who will play the starring role. If he re-makes "Gone with the Wind," he ,may decide to go totally gonzo and cast The Situation as Rhett Butler and LiLo as Scarlett O'Hara. As for me, frankly, I don't give a damn.

"Tims," Byoo? As in "Horton's Hears a Who?"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 18, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

One "n" is French, so he's probably Canadian. Just one more thing.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 18, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Wow, Tiger Woods can't even own his own selfishness.

So, Harry Potter Guy, how many owls does it take to deliver an official Ministry of Padded Rooms huggy-jacket?

Posted by: northgs | November 18, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

It was explained to me by a Canadian that the beauty of Tim Hortons coffee is that it's so automated that your coffee will be the same EVERY time.

No excuses, Byoo.

Posted by: MzFitz | November 18, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

sas
"Tims," Byoo? As in "Horton's Hears a Who?"

I'd be more concerned if byoolin had eaten green eggs and ham for breakfast.

Palin daughters (kind of) apologize for posting gay slurs to Facebook.

I'm surprised they didn't deny having posted the comments, and instead blamed the "lame-stream media" (or at least Brandy, or some other, ya know, liberal) for having posted them.

Speaking of Bristol, do NOT miss Pookie's reveal of how Palinistas "stuffed the ballot box" for their girl:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/17/AR2010111706438.html (bottom of p. 1, top of p. 2)
I've felt like such a Cassandra all this time...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 18, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

If Mel gets sole custody, Oksana loses her Golden Umbilical Cord.

Posted by: MStreet1 | November 18, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Sas, you beat me to the slap...err...punch.

Look out world, Avril Lavigne is officially divorced...Just spoke with 2002, and let me tell you it is so excited about this news.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 18, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

You know, I saw the "Tims" without the apostrophe and thought to myself that if I tried to fix *that* too I was just going to make things worse. I further rationalized leaving it as is because the company has itself already committed the grammatical sin of calling itself "Tim Hortons" - in for a penny, in for a pound, right?

As to MzFitz's point, you're right - it is the same every time. Maybe it wasn't the coffee. Maybe it was the two pints of Canadian last night - after 9pm and on an empty stomach. But "two pints"? That's an insult to my heritage, right?

Red, Denis One-N's parents hail from County Kerry and Wikipedia says he hold Irish and American citizenship. So it's more of a verdant fields green than a grenouille green.

And finally, I read that silent film star Marie Osborne Yeats has died at age 99. I wonder if her last words were, " "?

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 18, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

"Says he hold". Sheesh. FML.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 18, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I just find it interesting that with all the celebrity stories linked to today, the headline one is of someone that I had to ask, "who is that?" I guess I don't live in an area where people are more interested in this Rachel Zoe person than Angelina, Alanis, Beyonce, Tiger, Lindsay, etc.

Posted by: msame | November 18, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

The lack of possession in the franchise name justifies the use of "Tims" in my book.

You better get your tolerance up before winter...

Posted by: MzFitz | November 18, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 |

-----------------------------------------
What's the symbol for lips moving without making a sound?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 18, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

sas
What's the symbol for lips moving without making a sound?

A red circle outline with a diagonal from 1:30 to 7:30, superimposed on a headshot of Sarah Palin.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 18, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse