Posted at 8:11 AM ET, 11/11/2010

Rate Gwyneth Paltrow's CMA performance

By Liz Kelly

Gwyneth Paltrow made her live country music singing debut on Wednesday night's CMA broadcast. Backed by Vince Gill, Paltrow sang the title track from her upcoming movie, "Country Strong," and played an acoustic guitar. All while wearing what appeared to be four-inch heels (which gave a whole new meaning to the line "You may push me and I'll fall.").

Related: Gallery: Country kicks up its heels

By Liz Kelly  | November 11, 2010; 8:11 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Insouciance, Insta-Polls
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rumor Mill: Prince William and Kate Middleton to wed in 2011
Next: Mel Gibson ordered to pay $60,000 in back child support; Google 'watch Conan' and get Jay Leno's Web site

Comments

Gwyneth apparently has had some singing lessons since the first time I heard her sing on TV related to some movie she was in at the time. That time she barely raised her voice beyond a whisper, and she was very cautious as she sang.
She wasn't 'great' on the CMA's last night, but she was better than before. I think her guitar was a prop rather than an actual musical instrument during her song.

Posted by: momof20yo | November 11, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Love the song! She was amazing. What a talented women.

Posted by: pina3 | November 11, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Wish she'd leave the singing to her husband.

Posted by: changling | November 11, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

I can't get over her fake country accent...it's just grating. Doesn't she live in London half of the time, anyway? I mean, it would at least make sense if she pulled a Madonna and had a fake British accent! Just because she is singing a country-style song doesn't mean she has to go so heavy on the twang. But that's just my opinion.

Posted by: kmarcher | November 11, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse