Posted at 9:16 AM ET, 11/17/2010

Ryan Reynolds named People's 'Sexiest Man Alive'

By Liz Kelly

(Courtesy People magazine)

Hot on the heels of his "Green Lantern" trailer release, Ryan Reynolds has been named People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive." Which will come as a relief to GQ's 2010 "Babe of the Year": Reynolds's wife Scarlett Johannson.

Reynolds beat out a host of easy on the eyes dudes, including the guy who 32 percent of Celebritology readers predicted would walk away with the title: "Mad Men's" Jon Hamm.

Hamm is indeed on the list along with Jon Bon Jovi, Drake, "True Blood's" Joe Manganiello, "Vampire Diaries" (and "Lost alum) Ian Somerhalder and -- wait for it -- Conan O'Brien.

In the interview celebrating his sexiness, Reynolds bantered about life with the title -- both at home with Johannson and in conversations with random strangers. (We're sure he has a lot of those.)

"Now it's going to be, 'Sexiest man, take out the garbage.' That does sound better. The most difficult part is going to be organically working this title into a conversation with random strangers."

Jen would also like me to add that she "so called that crap."

By Liz Kelly  | November 17, 2010; 9:16 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Oksana Grigorieva sits down with Larry King; Is a 'Wizard of Oz' remake in the works?
Next: Kate Middleton, Internet it girl

Comments

Bon Jovi? O'Brien??? I guess old men have a shot. Who's on the list next year, Clint Eastwood?

And Ryan Reynolds already HAS ScarJo. Why does he need this? Is this another campaign by Bristol Palin supporters?

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 17, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

ewww

Posted by: Guest1234 | November 17, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

ewww

Posted by: Guest1234 | November 17, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

reddragon, dear, some of us don't consider Bon Jovi and Conan old.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 17, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

NP, that should make my old heart leap for joy. except that at my age, you don't want your heart doing anything strange.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 17, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

there's pretty boys and then there's sexy men....RR is definitely the former, not necessarily the latter.

Posted by: herschel53 | November 17, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Am I the only one here who finds RR vaguely reminsicent of DB Sweeney (I think that was his name), the guy in that ice skating flick The Cutting Edge?

Posted by: cookgirl1 | November 17, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Ryan Reynolds is gorgeous. I would do everything with him under the sheets. He looks good wearing tighty whities.

Posted by: Ward4DC | November 17, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Reynolds is a leech on society, I hope he dies a young death, the sooner the better.

Posted by: kenk33 | November 17, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

53% think Ryan Reynolds is smoking hot? I never realized how many readers of Celebritology are Friends of Dorothy.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 17, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

The sexiest man alive is ADAM LAMBERT and he was not listed this year, what a big mistake, he was listed as one of the sexiest men last year. Hey USA why are you not recognizing Adam for anything this year? He has the voice of an angel, so charismatic and so sexy and handsome. Sellout of all his concerts all over the world.

Posted by: mlassiter | November 17, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

I'm a middle-aged lady who loves me some Hamm, but Ryan is a good choice too. Great face, abs, blah blah blah, but he is very smart and funny!

So next year is Jon's year.

Posted by: duhneese | November 17, 2010 5:30 PM | Report abuse