Posted at 11:33 AM ET, 11/15/2010

Scarlett Johannson named GQ's 'Babe of the Year'

By Liz Kelly

(Image courtesy GQ)

Fresh off of her "SNL"-hosting gig, Scarlett Johansson is -- surprise! -- GQ's "Babe of the Year," which is a title given to serious actresses actors by a magazine recently accused of sexing up adults who play teenagers on TV.

Why the honor? From GQ:

"At 26, she remains fresh-faced, curious, trying on new moods and outlets of expression as easily as she changes her hair color. This is what we love about Scarlett: that she's game, that she's good, that she can try on all these guises without seeming to try too hard. And all the while still seem genuinely like the observant, inquisitive (and very cute) girl in transition we fell for in 'Lost in Translation.'"

Johannson shows off her moods and expressions in four photos already posted to GQ.com, in which she perches in unnaturally provocative positions on a gray tarp.

The issue will be available at newsstands on Nov. 23. Just in time for Thanksgiving.

Source: GQ

By Liz Kelly  | November 15, 2010; 11:33 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mel Gibson admits to slapping Oksana Grigorieva; Billy Ray Cyrus storms out of radio interview
Next: 'The Walking Dead': Why, Rick Grimes? Why?

Comments

I had high hopes for "unnaturally provocative positions" but they just looked uncomfortable.

Posted by: kabuki3 | November 15, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Why is ScarJo impersonating Megan Fox on the cover of GQ? That "I'm dumb as a rock, but I'm hot, so what do I care?" look does not become ScarJo.

Or does it?

And why is GQ impersonating Maxim? Who needs another frat-boy rag.....besides the slobs over in I Phelta Thi?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 15, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Actress, not actor.

Sorry, but some nouns in English do have gender.

Dominatrix, not dominator.

Heroine, not hero.

This is beyond PC concerns. It's just the nature of language. What's next--Mr. Scarlett Johansson?

Posted by: Garak | November 15, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

I agree. Actress not actor. A feminist tried to tell me otherwise once, but I was not convinced.

Posted by: Bitter_Bill | November 15, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Needs more bikini pictures.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 15, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

She's game. She's good. If she's also giving she hits Dan Savage's trifecta.

Posted by: maryandcliff | November 15, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

What's next--Mr. Scarlett Johansson?

Posted by: Garak

***

Well, yes. Only the Screen Actors Guild calls him Ryan Reynolds.

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 15, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Beat me to the punch byoolin. (By the way, ScarJo is on the wife approved list)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 15, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

(By the way, ScarJo is on the wife approved list)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1

****

She's a good woman, Mr. Maximus. Or should I say, Mr. HeyKolls?

By the way, folks, since he's too shy to announce it here (or maybe I missed it) - our very own Dorkus Maximus got married last week! In Vegas! By Elvis! TO A WOMAN!

Posted by: byoolin1 | November 15, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

byoolin, she took my last name, so I guess that makes her Mrs. Maximus. but I wouldn't call her that to her face.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 15, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations Dorkus! and thanks byoo for telling us, what a delight for you. Cheers!

Posted by: agog1 | November 15, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Congratulations Dorkus! and thanks byoo for telling us. What a delight for you Dorkus. Cheers, and best to you both!

Posted by: agog1 | November 15, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

My baby's all grown up and married now. Oh Dorkus, I'm so verklemt.

Congratulations and best wishes to the Maximi!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 15, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Congrats, Dorkus. The entire twittersphere is so happy you made an honest woman out of hk.

Posted by: yellojkt | November 15, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Married by Elvis? Really? WOW!
One thing I have to say, Dorkus, you know how to do it with style.

Young Elvis or Old Elvis?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | November 15, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Just to clarify, the Maximi have no known connection to the aforementioned Maxim. Congrats, Dorkus.

Posted by: reddragon1 | November 15, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

yellojkt, I wonder if it's more a case that hk made an honest man of Dorkus.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | November 15, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I'm really late to the party today ... I'm lost and confused!~ But bummed Scarlett cheapened her uber-cool self in those photos.

Posted by: Californian11 | November 15, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Sas, it was an older Elvis, jumpsuit era, but not fat elvis.

Just so I'm clear, am I the only one upset that there aren't more ScarJo pics in the post?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | November 15, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Congrats Dorkus!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | November 15, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus, best wishes! Excellent.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | November 15, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

I love Scar Jo, I do. Love her work. She's immensely talented. But, I used to think she was a lot hotter when she was a bit plumper. And all this shows is that body image is still crazy in this country. She looked like a totally different person on SNL, but the skinnier you are the more accolades you get, apparently. Cuz GQ wasn't knocking when her plump booty was the first frame we saw in "Lost In Translation."

Posted by: rricemarsh | November 16, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse