Posted at 3:48 PM ET, 11/ 2/2010

Willow Smith makes TV debut, explains that 'Whip My Hair' is the new way of saying 'I'm me'

By Jen Chaney

Willow Smith made her national television debut on "Ellen" today. And as pundits predicted, she did indeed whip her hair back and forth.

But that's not all. In her first major TV interview, she also clarified a number of things while chatting with Ellen DeGeneres.

1. Acting fulfills her career. Singing, on the other hand, is something she does that's "pleasurous."

2. Whipping your hair back and forth is the new way of saying "I'm me."

3. On a precociousness scale of 1 to 10, Willow Smith is a 20 who makes sassy brother Jaden look like a 6 or a 7.

By Jen Chaney  | November 2, 2010; 3:48 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Music, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: How to stage a musical in a busy airport
Next: Rumor Mill: Miley Cyrus's mom had an affair with Bret Michaels

Comments

ellen interviewing little kids is the worse part of her show.
GIven how ellen fawns, she'll help willow with her future
- rehab within a few years,

Posted by: newagent99 | November 2, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

@newagent99. Cruel a**. Why do you hate on a child who talented is hard to phantom so I wont but believe this, while you sit and talk about someone whom you DONT KNOW and wish evil upon think about all the crap you do and your an adult, I assume. It's really refreshing to see that some folk cultivate the talents of their children while on the other hand, others who raise their kids to sit around talking bad about others...GET MY POINT!

Posted by: smitty21960 | November 2, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: smitty21960 | November 2, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Um, smitty21960, I think you mean "fathom". Also, going off on a rant because someone expressed an opinion you don't agree with doesn't make you as credible as you think. Just saying.

Posted by: Bren21157 | November 2, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse