Posted at 12:03 PM ET, 12/28/2010

Americans would rather live next to Sandra Bullock than Snooki

By Liz Kelly

Dream neighbor Sandra Bullock at the 2010 Oscars. (AP)

I'm not convinced Sarah Palin would want to live next door to Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia DeRossi, but if it were up to the 1,004 average Americans polled by Zillow.com, that's exactly who would be invited to live in the ideal neighborhood.

In what may just squeak by with a win for "Most Inane Poll of the Year," the results proclaimed newly single Oscar winner Sandra Bullock as the most desirable celebrity neighbor.

More results -- including the list of least desirable neighbors -- after the jump...

Bullock was followed by Palin and the DeGeneres/DeRossi households. The Obamas came in fourth followed by Conan O'Brien, Lady Gaga, newlyweds Katy Perry and Russell Brand and, finally, Justin Bieber. I'm trying to imagine the block party, but I start to feel queasy each time I conjure up an image of Russell Brand manning the grill (with the main course provided by Gaga's meat dress, natch) while President Obama takes on the Bieb and Todd Palin for a quick game of basketball.

It's also important to note that 27 percent of respondents chose "none of the above."

On the other end of the spectrum, those unlovable smoosh monsters from "Jersey "Shore" topped the list of undesirable neighbors. Snooki and the gang were, surprisingly, followed by the Obamas and, again, Palin. The rest of the list reads like a rogues gallery: Mel Gibson, Kanye West, Charlie Sheen, LeBron James and that rascally Mark Zuckerberg.

Okay, so I have to ask: If you were goofy enough to imagine that you could pick a celebrity to move into the McMansion/apartment/trailer next door, who would you choose? And who would you absolutely abhor?

Source: PRNewswire

By Liz Kelly  | December 28, 2010; 12:03 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Sandra Bullock
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jeff Bridges was not high while accepting his Oscar. Just FYI.
Next: The non-Lindsay Lohan biopic: As confused and tortured as the real thing

Comments

None of the above should have been written.

Posted by: kabuki3 | December 28, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Heh. Silly survey, sure, but it's kind of a fun topic.

I have to say Mr. Clooney, of course; the witty cocktail-party banter and general pleasantness would, I think, offset the chances of finding a drunken Danny Devito in your driveway one morning. You know who else might be fun? Anne Hathaway! Oooh, and Owen Wilson! Good times.

On the "definitely omg no" list is Kate Gosselin. I'd welcome her kids, they'd be fun to have around- just not her. If Jon Gosselin has stopped wearing Ed Hardy shirts and madly dating hoochies he could come instead.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | December 28, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Joe McGinniss. Suck THAT, Sarah Palin!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 28, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Since Bawlmer51 called George C, I guess I'll move on to Hugh Jackman & family. Famous people but appear normal what with the distinct lack of tabloid gossip about them - thus,they'd be desired neighbors.

I wouldn't want to share a city, let alone a neighborhood with the Jersey Shore troop or Speidi!

Posted by: MDey | December 28, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

I'd like for Andy and Opie the cats to live next door to me, if their people would let them out in order to come over and visit.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 28, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Is this a "Won't you be my neighbor?" or a Kitchen Pass list?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 28, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Maybe it's a little of both, 'quatch. Except for the cats, that is. Speaking of which, can I get Lassie to live across the street? I bet you she'd do your taxes and change your oil for you and she'd accept rawhides as payment.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | December 28, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Mdey, it's funny that you mentioned Speidi as one of your least desired neighbors - I don't recall hearing a peep from those two for a good solid month or two. Have they gone away for good now that "The Hills" has been canceled?

Posted by: KevFromArlington | December 28, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Taking a cue from Bawlmer, I'd be pleased to have Mike Rowe as a neighbor. I'd never again have to wash out the cat litter boxes.

And if I had Bear Grylls as a neighbor, I'd never have to take out the garbage. Bear would eat it.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 28, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

KevFromArlington, I'd be a bit concerned about Heincer's love of firearms.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 28, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Sas, if you had Bear Grylls as a neighbor, I'd be worried about finding your carcass in the yard. Of course then maybe Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan could spend an epi ID'ing the Cryptid.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 28, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, if Bear Grylls didn't eat that guy who was shot in front of the Discovery Channel Building, I don't think he would take the time to dine on a cryptid.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 28, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Late entry: Along the lines of the excellent Mike Rowe- The Mythbusters crew. "Hey kids! Who wants to make their own fireworks?"

And while I'm dreaming, could we get Alton Brown, Ted Allen, and Paula Deen to host the Labor Day block party? If Julia Child was still around, she'd be there too.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | December 28, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Bawlmer, I like your choices in neighbors.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 28, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Just think, if Sarah Palin were your neighbor she could furnish all the moose burgers for the neighborhood cook-outs. And you can't 'refudiate' the fact that her dysfunctional family would be a source of entertainment.

Posted by: CorrineK | December 29, 2010 12:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: CorrineK | December 29, 2010 12:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: CorrineK | December 29, 2010 12:49 AM | Report abuse

Sorry for the multiple posts. Note to myself: Don't click on submit more than once even if it is moving like a snail.

Posted by: CorrineK | December 29, 2010 12:52 AM | Report abuse

In my dream neighborhood, I'd have my Dream British Boyfriend, Richard Armitage, live next door to me. He seems like a lovely man and gorgeous to boot.

Posted by: LittleRed1 | December 29, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

woww..you can't 'refudiate' the fact that her dysfunctional family would be a source of entertainment. My boyfriend thinks the same as I do. He is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at agegaplove``.com a nice and free place for younger women and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends.

Posted by: sasago | December 30, 2010 8:14 AM | Report abuse