Posted at 2:25 PM ET, 12/29/2010

Ashton Kutcher, exercising for the apocalypse

By Liz Kelly

(Courtesy Men's Fitness)

Ashton Kutcher is either having us on or he's really overthinking power outages.

In the latest issue of Men's Fitness Magazine, Kutcher explained that he's trying to get super fit so as to better deal with the chaos and anarchy that will doubtless follow the collapse of the power grid.

"It will not take much for people to hit the panic button," says Kutcher in the issue. "The amount of convenience that people rely on based on electricity alone. You start taking out electricity and satellites, and people are going to lose their noodle."

"And people are going to go, 'That land's not yours, prove that it's yours,' and the only thing you have to prove it's yours is on an electronic file... People's alarm systems at their homes will no longer work, neither will our heating, our garbage disposals, hot-water heaters that run on gas but depend on electricity."

"What happens when all our modern conveniences fail? I'm going to be ready to take myself and my family to a safe place where they don't have to worry... All of my physical fitness regimen is completely tailored around the end... I stay fit for no other reason than to save the people I care about."

Luckily for Kutcher, he's married to Demi Moore (aka "G.I. Jane"), who can do one-armed push-ups and will doubtless be an equal partner in any post-apocalyptic [expletive]-kicking.

[Via SFGate.com]

By Liz Kelly  | December 29, 2010; 2:25 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Ashton Kutcher
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Most surprising celebrity break-up of 2010?
Next: Defense to claim Michael Jackson killed himself; Javier Bardem to star in 'Dark Tower'?

Comments

Is it just me, or is Ashton's head entirely too small for his body? PHOTOSHOP DISASTER

Posted by: steampunk | December 29, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

It's amazing how easy and quick it is for a celebrity to lose unsightly fat and gain beautiful muscle mass....all thanks to Photoshop.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 29, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

The best part sbout no more electricity -- Ashton can't tweet.

Posted by: epjd | December 29, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

so cool. I love this , So does My boyfriend .he is almost­ 11year older than me .i met him via agegap love­ ``.c`o`m` a nice place for seeking age le ss love.which­ gives you a chance to make your life better and open­ opportunities for you to meet the attractive young­ girls and treat you like a king. Maybe you wanna check­ it out or tell your friends.. Just love it

Posted by: sasago | December 30, 2010 8:07 AM | Report abuse