Posted at 12:29 PM ET, 12/30/2010

Chris Brown drops N-word, gay slurs in Twitter feed

By Liz Kelly

Chris Brown at a 2009 court appearance. (AP)

Just when things were starting to come back together for Chris Brown -- he's doing well in his probation and there is even talk of a Justin Bieber collaboration in the works -- he's gone and used the now de rigueur celebrity medium for self-destruction: Twitter.

It all unfolded on Wednesday when rapper Raz (of the group B2K) posted a comment mentioning Brown's treatment of ex-girlfriend, Rihanna (Brown was convicted of felony assault following a 2009 Grammy night attack):

Brown, who is still serving out his probation, flew into a rage -- unleashing a torrent of tweets aimed at Raz.

@razb2k n---a you want attention!" he wrote. "Grow up n----a!!! D--- in da a-- lil boy... Tell me this @razb2k!! Why when the money was coming in u won't complaining about getting ---plugged! #homothug!!!"

According to E! News, Brown's reference was to Raz's admission that he was once molested by another man. But, rather than take the high road, Raz responded in kind:

and:

The back and forth sniping continued for some time -- it's truly exhausting to slog through, but you can read most of it at the E! article linked below. Finally, though, Brown ratcheted back the name-calling and, just for good measure, sent out this message to his gay fans:

Then, this morning, Brown tweeted out this (which has since been removed):

We couldn't agree more.

Source: E!

By Liz Kelly  | December 30, 2010; 12:29 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Chris Brown
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Defense to claim Michael Jackson killed himself; Javier Bardem to star in 'Dark Tower'?
Next: Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie voted top money-making stars of 2010

Comments

I am not a Chris Brown fan but I have to take his side on this one. RAZB you are telling on yourself. No straight person uses the term LGBT. RAZB continues to come across as a washed up rapper whose elevator does not stop on all floors.

Posted by: anderra | December 30, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Waitaminnit: @razb2k & @ChrisBrown don't seem to be upset that they've called each other "n____", so I'm not sure that we need to be offended on their behalf. (Behalfs? Behalves?)

What *I* was offended by was the lack of context. I had to google the names of those other people - "Rihanna" and "Halle Berry" - just to see if I recognized them. I stared at these pictures for a while until I felt a tingle of recognition. (Yeah, that's it: recognition.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 30, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I see this as Chris Brown defending himself against an idiot. Razb, you really need to come to grips and get some therapy from what you allowed that entertainer do to you. Razb, how can someone damn near your age molest you unless you willingly participated. Aren't you still friends with him?

Posted by: jatsuccess | December 30, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 30, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Aren't there two villages somewhere in need of idiots?

These two are a waste of cyber-space.

Posted by: xconservative | December 30, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Byoo', thank you and your URLs for siccing the office net nanny on me.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 30, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

And the filthy language they use!!!
Why, I never!.......

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 30, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

We are slowly becoming a barbarian minority nation.

Europe and the US have usually been culturally close on music stage, but our thug culture has separated us. Rock and techno for them, Rap and a little rock for us.

Posted by: getjiggly2 | December 30, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

OMG!! What is it , you can no longer conversated without in being posted in cyberspace. razbak couldn't wait to post and chris brown couldn't control his rage....

I agree is there not two villages for these idiots....

Posted by: mitc1017 | December 30, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

It's two dudes in the entertaining business going at it on Twitter, so what else is new. Chris was right, Raz needed to shut the *(&^ up. He can dish it out but he can't take it.

Posted by: love2much SE | December 30, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Michael Vick and Chris Brown present an interesting study in contrasts. Vick has fully owned up to his actions, and it shows in everything he says and does, and his career is blossoming, accordingly.

Brown has continuously played the victim after beating Rihanna, and this latest exchange is just another manifestation of that. He will not be successful until he truly takes responsibility for what he did. Then he won't worry about what people say about him.

Vick has haters, too, you better believe it. He doesn't respond to them, b/c he's clear in his mind and has moved on with his life.

Posted by: mypitts2 | December 30, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

"My question - why is this news worth reporting. Find something else to report. This isn't news."

Posted by: love2much SE
_________________________________________

Uh, did you notice the name of the column?: "Celebritology."

Last I checked, these two are celebrities. Don't shoot the messenger.

Posted by: mypitts2 | December 30, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

From his actions and what comes out of his mouth, Chris Brown has solidified his reputation as an inveterate low-life. One is prompted to ask the obvious question, where were his parents when he was growing up?

Posted by: sunrise2 | December 30, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: sunrise2 | December 30, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Just remember every time you download a Chris Brown song or buy one of his CDs, you are helping him maintain the wealthy lifestyle that prevents him from knowing that anything he does is wrong. He and Kanye West are an embarrassment.

Posted by: Brianguy | December 30, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone else notice the disparity between the power behind the gay community versus the Black community? Brown makes mild homosexual references and they both throw out "nigga" so freely and casually. I'm sorry, but Blacks don't "own" this word by using it. It's as nasty as calling someone a "fag". So where is Al Sharpton to condemn both these clowns for their racial slurs?

Posted by: edwardnorton54 | December 30, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

can someone please make the correction that neither of these two are "rappers"

Posted by: bowie2000 | December 30, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse