Posted at 2:23 PM ET, 12/ 8/2010

Donna D'Errico outraged about TSA full-body scan

By Liz Kelly

D'Errico in her 'Baywatch' days. (Reuters)

Donna D'Errico -- former Playboy Playmate and "Baywatch" babe -- is accusing Transportation Security Administration agents of profiling.

D'Errico says she was singled out and subjected to an unnecessary body scan before boarding a recent flight to Pittsburgh with her son Rhyan, 17. A TSA agent allegedly approached her and said she needed to "come this way," she tells AOL News.

"I said I was traveling with my son, motioning to him, and the agent said he was to come along with me as well," D'Errico said. "I immediately asked why we were having to go through an extra search, and no one else was being made to do so, indicating the long line of other passengers in front of and behind where we had been in line. In a very sarcastic tone, and still holding me by the elbow, the agent responded, 'Because you caught my eye, and they' -- pointing to the other passengers -- 'didn't.'"

D'Errico added that she was surprised she, and not her boyfriend, was singled out since he's bearded and "fits the sterotypical 'look' of a terrorist."

Oy.

"it is my personal belief that they pulled me aside because they thought I was attractive," said D'Errico. "My boyfriend, as I mentioned before, looks much more like a terrorist than either I or my son do, and he went through security with no problems."

D'Errico and her son were eventually cleared for takeoff. However, the former model/actress -- whose career has been lackluster since her "Baywatch" days -- might consider a new career in the TSA herself since she's so adept at picking out terrorists.

D'Errico probably isn't even aware of the kerfuffle surrounding her search, though, since she claims to not watch the news or read newspapers:

In fact, I myself don't ever even watch the news. I don't pick up a newspaper ever, either - unless I am on a long plane flight and feel like doing the NYT crossword puzzle. But I won't read it. What's the point of reading depressing, nightmare-inducing stuff that makes me feel sad, upset, angry, outraged, or helpless? No, thanks. I get through life just fine and dandy without the daily dose of disaster fed to the public through the mass media. I can keep up with important goings-on in our country and the world through independent news sources that are not controlled by the powers-that-be.

Source: AOL News

By Liz Kelly  | December 8, 2010; 2:23 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Awards season scorecard: Who's won what so far
Next: Aretha Franklin reportedly has pancreatic cancer

Comments

How can someone who never reads a newspaper or watch the news can be in tune enough to do the NYT crossword puzzle? She sounds like an idiot, but, then again, you don't need brains to be a Playboy Playmate.

Posted by: Diner65 | December 8, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

There's a whole slew of things that are "outrageous" about this story, Ms. D'Errico.

1. The ridiculous, expensive and ineffective security theatre foisted upon travellers.

2. The TSA agent's rude behaviour to you personally.

3. Spelling "Rhyan" with an "h." Come on.

4. You're dating a guy who - you say - looks like a terrorist. You are 42 years old: stop trying to p*** off your parents and date a respectable guy. Or meet me halfway and date a guy who looks merely like a shoplifter.

5. What would an "attractive" woman be doing going to Pittsburgh? There's a reason their football team doesn't have any cheerleaders, and it's not that the Rooneys are feminists.

6. No, really, what is up with that "h"? It makes no sense.

7. The MOST outrageous thing about this story is the way they've cropped that photo of you. OWE THE SMAME!

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 8, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Gee, I wish I would have known to bring up the sacred cow of "profiling" last time I got a speeding ticket. I pointed out that everyone else was going faster, so why me, and the cop sarcastically replied that I was the one who caught his eye and I was the last car in the line of speeders.

When I flew at Thanksgiving, *everybody* went through the scanner. Is every airport different?

Posted by: Californian11 | December 8, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Clearly Ms. D'errico suffers from the same delusion as a number of parents: that it's your kid's NAME, not his/her personality and character, that makes him/her unique.

Posted by: Californian11 | December 8, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

It occurs to me that "meet me halfway and date a guy who looks merely like a shoplifter" could be interpreted to mean that *I* look like a shoplifter. That is, of course, not what I meant.

I'm more of a Bruno Richard Haputmann type.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 8, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Hmm, lets double check *looks around* yeah, the Lindburgh baby is still dead.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 8, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Dorkus
Hmm, lets double check *looks around* yeah, the Lindburgh baby is still dead.

So's Franco.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 8, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

I had nothing to do with that.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 8, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

And last I checked, Obama was born in the United States, while John C. Yoo, Tony Blankley, and Rupert Murdoch were not.

Posted by: bs2004 | December 8, 2010 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Who cares what she says or thinks (if anything)? Focus on her assets (the cropping of the photo is the true outrage here).

Posted by: bpai_99 | December 9, 2010 12:30 AM | Report abuse

"you caught my eye", in all seriousness, does nothing for TSA's supposed attempt to convey the image that they AREN'T a bunch of perverts trying to feel people up at every chance.

Posted by: agog1 | December 9, 2010 6:55 AM | Report abuse

Maybe if the TSA continues to harass celebrities, people will finally decide that they must be held accountable for their actions.

I totally believe that he was a creep and wanted to search her because she's pretty. But people in this country sadly think behavior like that is keeping them safe.

I have yet to hear of one terrorist being caught by the TSA.

Posted by: ch2007 | December 9, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

I would also like to point out that she is the ex-Mrs. Nikki Sixx. For those that don't know that name he's the bass player for Motley Crue.

Now I loves me some early Crue (Too Fast For Love/Shout at the Devil era please) but anyone that would marry or date one of those guys is a brick short of a load, ifyaknowwhuttamean.

See also Heather Locklear (married 2 rock stars, divorced both), Pam Anderson (yet another that married 2 rock stars divorced both), Janine Lindemulder (she "dated" Vince Neil & made an infamous sex tape with him), etc. etc.

Posted by: wadejg | December 9, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Oh, for those that think they wanna see that Vince Neil/Janine sex tape, just trust me, you don't.

There's not enough eye & brain bleach to erase the memory of Vince Neil's flabby arse tattoo of "USDA Choice" from my brain.

**goes under desk & rocks back & forth slowly**