Posted at 9:09 AM ET, 12/14/2010

Hugh Jackman injured in Oprah zipline accident; Chelsea Handler posts cozy 50 Cent pic

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly

Chelsea Handler posted the above pic online with the caption "I don't know why anyone thinks I would ever date a rapper."

Celebrity Beat: Hugh Jackman injured while zip-lining onto a stage in Sydney, Australia, for Oprah:

More: Gwyneth Paltrow gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star... "Fighter" Mark Wahlberg on the cover of Sports Illustrated... Rapper Ja Rule sentenced to two years in prison.

Rumor Mill: Paris Hilton wasn't even invited to Nicole Richie's wedding... Miley Cyrus's reps apparently knew about the bong video for some time before it surfaced... Dr. Drew Pinsky thinks Miley needs "professional help"... Does Kate Gosselin have political aspirations?... Tom Cruise and David Beckham set up motorcycle club.

Pop Culture Mix: Charlize Theron could play Evil Queen in Universal's "Snow White and the Huntsman," while Relativity Media pursues Julia Roberts for the same role in its "The Brothers Grimm: Snow White"... Meanwhile, four largely unknown actresses look to be finalists for role of Snow White in Universal's version... In further proof that critics groups must choose "The Social Network" as the year's best film, the Toronto Film Critics Association has named the movie as its best picture of 2010... Virginia Madsen joins cast of "The Event"... Mila Kunis and Adam Scott may join cast of Seth MacFarlane's "Ted"... The Jets coach who tripped that Miami Dolphins player? Totally copied that move from Monty Python.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | December 14, 2010; 9:09 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wake-up break-ups: Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens AND Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall call it quits
Next: Video: The 'Yogi Bear' ending you won't see in theaters

Comments

Hugh Jackman injured while ziplining onto a stage in Sydney, Australia for Oprah.

Maybe he should've just stuck with walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Does Kate Gosselin have political aspirations?

Please let her be a Republican.

Dr. Drew Pinsky thinks Miley needs "professional help."

Oh, Dr. Drew, I fear that horse left the barn long ago. Ironic that only now, however, in the wake of Miley's salvia-bong images, is Billy Ray expressing public concern for his daughter's behavior. Allegedly the divorcing Cyri differed over how strict to be with Miley. Any guesses on who was the less permissive parent?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 14, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

That's okay, Oprah laid hands on Hugh and he was instantly healed.

Sorry, Nosy, a bunch of kids she can't afford to support, leaves them for others to raise while she parties, sounds like a Dem to me.

On the other hand, what did ANY political party in this country do to deserve Kate Gosselin?

Maybe Miley's people should have said something before she smoked the bong?

Wow, times moves on. Julie Roberts up for the Evil Queen role not Snow White. Of course, that Pretty Woman role proved she is not innocent as new fallen snow.

It's fitting the Jests would copy a movie from Monty Python. Their whole team is a comedy act.

Posted by: epjd | December 14, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

So much for Hugh Jackman's alter ego, Hugh Stuntman.

You'll recognize Gwynnie's star without looking down - it will be the one that feels goopy.

Miley does need "professional help": starting with a dealer who can get her some of the good stuff, not that skunkweed she's been hitting.

"Does Kate Gosselin have political aspirations?" When people start asking questions like this, you know the end of America's domination of the global order (a) is very close, or (b) has already happened but has not yet been formally announced.

"Tom Cruise and David Beckham set up motorcycle club." They're going to look sooooo cute with that great big "Least Intimidating Gang Ever" shield embroidered on their jackets.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 14, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise and David Beckham set up motorcycle club.

I'm picturing Wee Tom looking even less macho wearing a helmet than Dukakis did when riding in a tank in '88. Unless, of course, Cruise thinks he doesn't need a helmet because Elron will protect him.

ep, Ken Cuccinelli has 7 kids, Santorum has 6 or 7 (plus 1 that died at birth), so Kate Gosselin's large brood isn't indicative of party affiliation. OTOH, she does work (after a fashion) for money on TV, so I maintain my assertion that she's a Republican. Ditto for the Kartra$hian$, I'd imagine.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 14, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 14, 2010 9:58 AM

That'd be Option B. John Boehner's already choking up at having to make the announcement, which is expected shortly after the new year.

"Tom Cruise and David Beckham set up motorcycle club." In unrelated news, Harley-Davidson just bought a controlling interest in an automotive paint-supply company, and there's been a run on pink paint pigments.

Hugh Jackman injured in zipline accident on Oprah set. Whatever it was, I'm sure the audience offered to kiss it and make it better.

Posted by: northgs | December 14, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

northgs, I don't know whether Kate ever dabbled in witchcraft, but we can confidently assert that she's practiced beyotch-craft. (Yes, I realize that's un-PC, but I was goin' for the rhyme).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 14, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

"That's okay, Oprah laid hands on Hugh and he was instantly healed." -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Good one, ep!

"Paris Hilton wasn't even invited to Nicole Richie's wedding" -- Was it held at a Hyatt? Bummer, really. Paris was hoping they'd put a disposable camera at every table so she could disappear with the first waiter she saw and make some Kodak memories in honor of the happy couple.

"Dr. Drew Pinsky thinks Miley needs 'professional help'" -- Got anyone in mind to help out, there, Drewy?

"Miley Cyrus's reps apparently knew about the bong video for some time before it surfaced" -- Knew about it? Heck, they bought it for her.

"Does Kate Gosselin have political aspirations?" -- Oh I hope so. But she'll need to have four more kids soon to make that "Twelve in '12" idea work. Even so, it'd be worth it to see slogans like, "A Water Bottle in Every Home (Except for You, Maddy. Put That Down.)" and her competitors handing out, "I Hate Kate" buttons.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | December 14, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I think we can all agree that no matter what political party Kate Gosselin chooses, we're all hoping it won't be ours.

...In fact, I propose a political party entirely for reality stars and other wannabe D-list celebrities. Kate Gosselin will speak at their convention (held in Meeting Room B of the Beverly Hills Marriott) and the Lohan family will hand out campaign buttons. Heincer will be the First Couple, and whoever has their shared brain that day will be the President. And we shall call them...the Pseudotarians.

Also. Today's image? Picture my brow, raised.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | December 14, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 14, 2010 10:28 AM

Nosy, did you read my mind? I opted not to post something very similar! Except I would have used the present tense. That and her wealth, to my mind, make it likely she's a Republican. It might even be in her best interest, if she's rich enough (we already know her interests trump anyone else's).

Bawlmer, that's a fantastic idea! But I think the Independence Party of Minnesota beat us to the punch.

Posted by: northgs | December 14, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Dammit, Byoolin beat me to the Goop punchline.

What will Cruise and Beck name their posse? I propose the Bent Copper Motorcycle and Interior Decorating Drug-Free Club.

Question for Dr. Drew Pinsky: Why is it always PROFESSIONAL help that is recommended? Why can't someone start with someone who pursues pyschotherapy as a serious hobby?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 14, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Bawlmer
the Pseudotarians

SPLOOT! All over the keyboard.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 14, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Sas, in Beckham's case wouldn't it be the Epidermis Decorating Club?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | December 14, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I figured that any picture of Chelsea Handler and Fiddy Cent together would include The Shocker. Maybe Snoop has it trademarked.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | December 14, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Sas, in Beckham's case wouldn't it be the Epidermis Decorating Club?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker |