Posted at 1:08 PM ET, 12/10/2010

Report: Miley Cyrus smokes weed from a bong, but it's not marijuana

By Liz Kelly

Video of teen diva Miley Cyrus celebrating her birthday with a bong has surfaced online:

But, sources tell TMZ, the 18-year-old popstress was not smoking marijuana. Instead, she was inhaling salvia, a natural herb that is legal in California and has supposed hallucinogenic effects.

Says a giggly Cyrus on the video, which was reportedly shot by a pal and "stolen" from the camera, "I'm having kind of a bad trip." Then she points off camera to someone she swears looks just like her off-again/on-again boyfriend, Australian actor Liam Hemsworth. We're guessing it wasn't dad Billy Ray Cyrus.

Source: TMZ

By Liz Kelly  | December 10, 2010; 1:08 PM ET
Categories:  Miley Cyrus
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday list: Most random retro holiday specials
Next: Celebritology Giftology Day 2: Getting 'Lost'

Comments

I feel like the girl filming had every intention of putting this clip on the internet.

Posted by: steampunk | December 10, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

That salvia is some really nasty stuff. "supposed" hallucinogenic effects? You must be tripping on something else if you think they're only "supposed".

Here's a link to a video clip of a healthy, 20 something young man who competes in a foot race with a septuagenarian. The young man has a smoke of salvia, and the elderly fellow a smoke of cannabis. The elderly fellow gave the young'n a significant head start but still had no problem winning the race because his opponent couldn't make it anywhere close to the finish line.

The good news is that I've never heard of anyone that habitually uses salvia.

Posted by: bpayne2 | December 10, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

She's such a desperate girl-- very rich-- and desperate.

Posted by: Guest1234 | December 10, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

There's more to the Miley story.

Check it out!!

Posted by: chriswest1973 | December 10, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

"I'm having kind of a bad trip."

Oddly enough, this also describes how I feel whenever I hear a Miley Cyrus song on the radio or see her "acting" on TV.

Posted by: MStreet1 | December 10, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

"I'm having kind of a bad trip."

Posted by: MStreet1 | December 10, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

shes just having fun. who cares.

Posted by: techno_aman2004 | December 10, 2010 11:49 PM | Report abuse

I'm not even a huge fan of miley cyrus but I have to say i'm now not a fan of Washington post for posting this horrible friend's video of miley. WOW. How sweet of you Liz Kelly.

Posted by: kranzyy89 | December 13, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse