Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 12/ 1/2010

Victoria's big secret: Anne Vyalitsyna

By Liz Kelly

I'm not sure what the point of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is, aside from targeting the same audience that slavers over the lingerie purveyor's ubiquitous snail mail catalogs: the average male.

In any case, the annual panty fest aired last night on CBS.

Maybe I don't speak for all women when I say we're not particularly inspired to drop scads of cash on whimsical underwear after watching a horde of supermodels strut down a runway clad in bras and panties that, while making them look like, well, supermodels leave most of us resembling someone who needs a hug, a gym membership and a big soft bathrobe.

So this one is for the boys, or anyone else who is busy Googling Anne Vyalitsyna this morning.

Who is Vyalitsyna? Why, she's a supermodel who also happens to be dating Maroon 5 frontman (who was front and center for last night's show) Adam Levine. I could go into detail about her Russian heritage or her super-sweet reason for running the New York City marathon last year (to guide a disabled athlete) or direct you to her Twitter account, but really, I think this is what everyone wants:

(CBS)

By Liz Kelly  | December 1, 2010; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Fashion, TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Convicted Uma Thurman stalker back in police custody
Next: Snoop Dogg pens song for Prince William; Does 'DWTS' want Lindsay Lohan?

Comments

See, if angels described in the Bible had looked like this, I might not have turned out to be such a big atheist. But I might have been an even bigger Onanist.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 1, 2010 8:25 AM | Report abuse

This "fashion" show hits the sweet spot of alienating both the Project Runway crowd AND the Monday Night Football crowd. Simply put -- these women don't look sexy, they look ridiculous.

Posted by: neithernor | December 1, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

I watch this show every year but last night I watched it with a different set of eyes. In the age of recognizing the plus sized people and acknowledging that skinny is not necessarily healthy.....why is VS still strutting these bulemic girls down the aisle? Couldn't they have at least used a few models that had some fat on them? This sends the wrong message because big girls like to wear sexy lingerie too. After this year, I am done watching this mess, and no I am not a plus sized woman but I am not a size 0 either. SMDH

Posted by: snoootty | December 1, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Thank you, Liz Kelly. This almost -- and I emphasize the "almost" -- makes up for the close-up pic from the "What's up with Madonna's face?" post from yesterday.

Posted by: klaw009x | December 1, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Russia sure seems to have cornered the market on producing tall, beautiful blondes. Is it something in the water over there?

Posted by: Californian11 | December 1, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

I didn't watch the show last night, but I don't have any problem with the VS "Angels," at least the ones in the catalogs. They look healthier than the average runway model. I'm okay with myself enough to know that I desire potato chips and pizza more than I desire that type of body.

Posted by: Aloe9678 | December 1, 2010 8:39 PM | Report abuse