Posted at 9:06 AM ET, 12/ 2/2010

Wesley Snipes ordered to report to prison; Katie Couric signs on for 'Glee' cameo

By Liz Kelly

Celebrity Beat: Wesley Snipes ordered to surrender at a Pennsylvania federal prison next week... Eminem leads Grammy nominations... New "Celebrity Rehab" season kicks off with Jason "Gummi Bear" Davis, Janice Dickinson, Leif Garrett, Jeremy London, Frankie Lons, Rachel Uchitel, Jason Wahler and Eric Roberts... Reese Witherspoon gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame... Heather Locklear hospitalized with bacterial infection... Hollywood Bling Ring member Alexis Neiers arrested for possession of black tar heroin... Chuck Norris to become honorary Texas Ranger... Kate Middleton lookalike plans to go pro... Jennifer Grey to undergo surgery for "DWTS" injury.

Video: "The Situation" workout video bloopers...

Rumor Mill: Eva Longoria and Tony Parker lunch to "work out details of the divorce"... Sarah Ferguson to be left out of Prince William/Kate Middleton wedding invites?... Supposed Miley Cyrus nude pix leak online (and, no, they are not viewable at the link)... Was Bristol Palin "forced" to do "Dancing with the Stars"?... Jon Gosselin gets a real job!

Pop Culture Mix: Katie Couric signs on for "Glee" cameo... Peter Billingsley to executive produce "A Christmas Story" musical... Jake Gyllenhaal, topless Lego... James Franco in talks to star in "Sweet Bird of Youth" on Broadway... Michael Cera recruited to play the base for indie rock tour... Ron Perlman drops out of "The Hobbit."

Chat Day! Forget that meeting. At 2 p.m. ET, you'll want to be behind your keyboard for this week's Celebritology Live chat.

By Liz Kelly  | December 2, 2010; 9:06 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Britney Spears rep denies abuse reports
Next: 'Celebrity Rehab 4': Jeremy London, Rachel Uchitel, Eric Roberts try to sober up

Comments

I love your daily posting here, but I have to point out (since I'm a musician) that it is "bass" not "base" that Michael Cera will be playing. I know spell check won't know the difference, but a brain should.

Posted by: tojo45 | December 2, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Hey, maybe they're also a baseball team & he's standing in at 2nd!

I gotta say, I love the idea of a leg lamp kickline.

LOVED the premiere of Celeb Rehab, though I have a hard time believing that the dude that's calling himself "Leif Garrett" is the same baby faced girly boy I papered my walls with in 6th grade.

I knew I shoulda been a Shaun Cassidy fan instead, he's alive & well & made cool shows like American Gothic, Roar & Invasion. If I'd known he was so dark sided I would've totally dumped future heroin addict Leif for Shaun.

Posted by: wadejg | December 2, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Was Bristol Palin "forced" to do "Dancing with the Stars"?...All that matters is that I wasn't forced to watch it.

Posted by: yellojkt | December 2, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

The US Marshals are going after Wesley Snipes? Why does this seem familiar?

Supposed Miley Cyrus nude pix leak online...Billy Ray really needs to upgrade the firewall on his laptop to keep these things from leaking.

Apparently Heather Locklear was returning from canada when she got sick. I knew those canadians were a dirty filthy people.

My question is what will all of the republicans in Texas say now that our governor has granted citizenship to a sooner.

Ron Perlman drops out of "The Hobbit." We just missed our chance to see Hellboy take on an orc.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 2, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Ironically, the only way this season's "Celebrity Rehab" could ever be watchable would be if there were a drinking game to accompany it.

Chuck Norris facts: As an honorary Texas Ranger, he is licensed to kill.

Chuck Norris facts: As an honorary Texas Ranger, he bats leadoff for the other Texas Rangers and has already won next season's batting title, with 885 home runs in 885 at-bats.
[wadejg, I promise that I wrote this before I saw yours.]

"Kate Middleton lookalike plans to go pro." In which league?

The wackiest "The Situation" workout video blooper was when he couldn't do a chin-up because of the millions of dollars weighing him down.

"Jon Gosselin gets a real job!" Don't tell me, let me guess: fluffer?

"Ron Perlman drops out of 'The Hobbit.'" Maybe he needs a fluffer.

"I knew those canadians [sic] were a dirty filthy people." Anything to retain a little body heat, DM.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 2, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

[crossposted from Achenblog]

"I'm telling you, those people are devious and wily." - curmudgeon, Achenblog.

"I knew those canadians [sic] were a dirty filthy people." - DorkusMaximus, here.

Just you wait until Commander Bieber sails into San Diego Harbour - yeah, "HARBOUR" - at the helm of the HMCS Shatner. You, for one, will welcome your new hoser overlords.

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 2, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

byoo, I'd rather have canucks in my homeland than sooners.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | December 2, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Tell ya what byoo, we'll keep Bieber if you keep the Quaids! I'd say that's a fair trade right?

Posted by: wadejg | December 2, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

It's a deal, wade. (Maybe Maximus will consider hosting the Biebs at his place if it means sending one of those &@$%^@#$@# Sooners home. I'll leave that to the two of you to work out.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | December 2, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I'm still trying to work a trade where we return Celine Dion for Tegan and Sara.

Posted by: yellojkt | December 2, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Can't wait for Katie Couric to bust out these dance moves:

Posted by: yellojkt | December 2, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse