Posted at 1:06 PM ET, 01/19/2011

Does George Lucas think the world will end in 2012?

By Liz Kelly

George Lucas: Have Death Star, will travel?

My incredulity meter is going way off the charts on this one, but apparently Seth Rogen had a recent encounter with George Lucas in which the "Star Wars" mastermind shared his theories about when the world will end. Which would be next year. Just fyi.

The "Green Hornet" actor was reportedly meeting with Steven Speilberg when, in quotes attributed to Rogen, "George Lucas sits down and seriously proceeds to talk for around 25 minutes about how he thinks the world is gonna end in the year 2012, like, for real. He thinks it."

"He's going on about the tectonic plates and all the time Spielberg is, like, rolling his eyes, like, 'My nerdy friend won't shut up, I'm sorry...'
"I first thought he (Lucas) was joking... and then I totally realized he was serious and then I started thinking, 'If you're George Lucas and you actually think the world is gonna end in a year, there's no way you haven't built a spaceship for yourself... So I asked him... 'Can I have a seat on it?'
"He claimed he didn't have a spaceship, but there's no doubt there's a Millennium Falcon in a garage somewhere with a pilot just waiting to go... It's gonna be him and Steven Spielberg and I'll be blown up like the rest of us."

Rogen, you fool. You think Spielberg would only have a rattletrap third-rate spaceship like the Millennium Falcon to ensure his survival? If anything, the guy has a fully functional Death Star. And don't be so quick to scoff. Because we have located this footage, featuring credible celebrity John Cusack and ACTUAL CNN REPORTS, indicating that Lucas is absolutely right:

Source: Toronto Sun

By Liz Kelly  | January 19, 2011; 1:06 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Hollyweird  | Tags:  George Lucas
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Anne Hathaway reportedly will play Kurt's lesbian aunt on 'Glee'
Next: More Anne Hathaway news: She's been cast as Catwoman

Comments

For George Lucas, the big problem with the world ending in 2012 is that it's going to cut into the sales cycle for yet another reissue of Star Wars DVDs (this time in 3D Smell-O-Vision, and a revised-again cantina scene in which Princess Leia shoots Greedo).

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 19, 2011 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Yes, but byoolin, it's only because Greedo shot at her first.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | January 19, 2011 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I have just one thought about all the stories that the world will end in 2012: Leave me alone Sallie Mae.

Posted by: epjd | January 19, 2011 1:53 PM | Report abuse

George Lucas releasing another edit of the Star Wars series is like an 80-something year old masturbating to fantasies first imagined at age 12.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 19, 2011 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Consider the source: this man also thought Jar Jar Binks was a good idea.

EpJD, if in fact the world is ending in 2012, I'd put other words in front of "Sallie Mae."

Posted by: northgs | January 19, 2011 3:24 PM | Report abuse