Posted at 9:02 AM ET, 01/14/2011

Golden Globes hit with lawsuit from former publicist; Andy Samberg is Adam Sandler's son?

By Jen Chaney

Could this man... (AP)

...be the son of this man? (AP)

Some of the pop-culture stories on our radar this morning...

A former publicist for the Golden Globes has filed a $2 million lawsuit against the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, claiming that he was let go after insisting that members stop accepting money and other gifts in exchange for supporting certain films. Well, that should give Ricky Gervais fodder for at least one more joke during Sunday's ceremony. (L.A. Times)

Andy Samberg to play Adam Sandler's son in the comedy "I Hate You, Dad." Because Sandler obviously fathered Samberg when he was 12. (The Wrap)

Now that you know what Rooney Mara will look like in David Fincher's new version of "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," here's another thing to know: the upcoming movie totally changes the ending of the novel. (Cinematical)

You've had your first peek at Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man. Now take a gander at Chris Evans in his Captain America outfit. (Entertainment Weekly)

Speaking of Spidey, "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" has been delayed. Again. Allegedly, it's opening March 15. But don't hold your breath. (The Hollywood Reporter)

Keep reading for news about the fifth "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the "Ferris Bueller" house that no one wants to buy...

Disney closes deal for fifth "Pirates of the Caribbean" script to be written. Yo-ho-hum. (Deadline)

Ben Stiller confirms that the "Zoolander 2" script has been completed and handed over to Paramount ... and Mugatu shall return. You know, assuming the sequel gets made. (Empire Magazine)

Kathy Bates says her character on "The Office" will return. (Zap 2 It)

How come no one wants to live in the house that belonged to Cameron Frye of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"? I mean, it has a garage just perfect for housing a red Ferrari and a kitchen that provides plenty of space for making phony phone calls to Edward Rooney. (CNBC via Yahoo)

By Jen Chaney  | January 14, 2011; 9:02 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Selma Blair gets in on the baby trend; Aretha Franklin denies having pancreatic cancer
Next: 'The Green Hornet': Was the bad buzz misleading?

Comments

It's like a two-Morning-Mix Friday!

The publicist says he was fired for "insisting that members stop accepting money and other gifts in exchange for supporting certain films," but the HFPA says he was fired for being "appallingly naive about how these things work."

My early review for "I Hate You, Dad": I hate it already.

S-M:TOTD delayed, "don't hold your breath." You're liable to black out and fall off the stage.

"Ben Stiller confirms that the "Zoolander 2" script has been completed." That Hansel is so hot right now. Oh, no, wait, that was nine years ago.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 14, 2011 10:59 AM | Report abuse

byoo, it appears that Liz and Jen got their signals crossed as to who was responsible for today's Morning Mix, so we got one from each (preferable to each thinking the other was covering the beat).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 14, 2011 12:33 PM | Report abuse

BTW, Jen, I believe that Estelle Getty (who played Bea Arthur's character's mother on "Golden Girls") was actually a year YOUNGER than Bea.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 14, 2011 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Boys, you guys are slow. I am sick and even I get the two-fer morning mix. Liz does a general celeb based one and then Jen does her pop culture one which covers movies and such but not necessarily celebs behaving badly. It's been going on all week.

Posted by: epjd | January 14, 2011 1:59 PM | Report abuse

In my own defense, ep, I haven't been quite right since that picture of those Jersey Shore Miniatures earlier this week.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 14, 2011 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Whatever it is, I like them both. Even if that does make me a little slow.

I wish I could have an unbiased opinion about Chris Evans in his Cap outfit, but too much of my brain is shrieking in fannish glee. Hur hur hur. And this quote? "It took Evans about 25 minutes to suit up. 'He likes to do it all by himself,' explained costume designer Anna Sheppard. 'I think it helps him feel like a super hero.'" ADORABLE.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one who didn't really like "Girl With A Dragon Tattoo"? (I should note that I'm talking about the book here.) Maybe the translation rubbed me the wrong way or something, but I just couldn't get through it.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | January 14, 2011 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Bawlmer, I found TGWTDT a bit of a slog at first--can tell he's a first-time novelist as he's very very wordy, specific of every tiny detail even when inconsequential, etc. But once you get to the point where Lisbeth starts actively working with the protagonist things pick up quite well. Give it another shot if you can.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | January 14, 2011 5:34 PM | Report abuse