Posted at 8:45 AM ET, 01/26/2011

James Franco celebrates Oscar nomination by getting trapped under something heavy

By Jen Chaney
The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Intro - James Franco Is Stuck Under the Mini-Fridge
www.thedailyshow.com

James Franco received his very first Academy Award nomination Tuesday for his role in "127 Hours." Naturally, he celebrated the occasion by getting his arm trapped under a mini-fridge in "The Daily Show" greenroom.

Watch Franco's harrowing experience above, then, in the beginning of the clip below, his decision to cut off his arm using a spork. Assuming this intense footage has not induced fainting, then proceed to the jump to watch his interview with Jon Stewart, in which Franco explains what he actually did on Oscar nomination day. (Hint: it involves going to a class on romantic poetry at Yale, where he's pursuing a PhD. Such a showoff, that guy.)

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Indianapolis Homeless Talent Show
www.thedailyshow.com

And now, Stewart and Franco talk Oscar:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
James Franco
www.thedailyshow.com

By Jen Chaney  | January 26, 2011; 8:45 AM ET
Categories:  Awards Season, Celebrities, Movies, TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem welcome baby: report
Next: Jimmy Buffett hospitalized after concert fall; Bristol Palin offered radio gig

Comments

Please, can someone explain to me the Franco Love? I just don't get it.

"Renaissance man"? I can give you plenty of examples in Hollywood. Appearing in multiple formats? The same. Talented? Apparently, but not the only one. And yet the love intensifies.

Don't make me watch 127 Hours and risk regurgitation to try to figure this out!

Posted by: cfow1 | January 26, 2011 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Please, can someone explain to me the Franco Love? I just don't get it.

Please don't make me watch 127 Hours and risk regurgitation to try to figure this out!

Posted by: cfow1 | January 26, 2011 9:18 AM | Report abuse

#1 He's cute.
#2 He doesn't seem to take himself too seriously and seems like a genuine, nice guy.
#3 He started out on Freaks & Geeks (a TV show many of us loved for one whole season)
Don't worry, I have the same reaction to Natalie Portman.

Posted by: kvs71 | January 26, 2011 10:22 AM | Report abuse

The Indianapolis Homeless talent Show segment was much more cringe-inducing that was Franco's fridge entrapment in the Green Room.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 26, 2011 12:17 PM | Report abuse