Posted at 11:08 AM ET, 01/26/2011

Jimmy Buffett hospitalized after concert fall; Bristol Palin offered radio gig

By Jen Chaney

Jimmy Buffett, recuperating from a fall.(AP)

Some celebrity and pop culture news on our radar...

Jimmy Buffet falls off stage during Australia concert and is taken to the hospital. He is reportedly in stable condition. It's unclear what caused the "Margaritaville" singer to topple, but TMZ reports the fall either was caused by a lighting mishap or was simply the result of a misjudgment on Buffet's part when he tried to shake hands with audience members. (TMZ)

Bristol Palin has a job offer. She's been offered a gig as co-host of the morning show on Mix 96.9, a Phoenix radio station. Palin has not yet accepted the job. (Associated Press)

Prince William and Kate Middleton send their save the dates ... via fax. Wait, people still use fax machines? (CNN)

Mike Tyson welcomes his eighth child, a son named Morocco Elijah Tyson, with wife Lakiha Spicer. It's the couple's third child together; they married in 2009, 10 days after the death of their daughter Exodus. The 4-year-old died after accidentally getting wrapped in an exercise machine cord (TV Guide)

Should Colin Firth's speech be edited in "The King's Speech"? That and more after the jump.

Harvey Weinstein says some of the profane language that have "The King's Speech" its R-rating may be edited for a new PG or PG-13 version that can be seen by a broader audience. That version would not reach theaters until after the Academy Awards, where "King's Speech" leads the field of contenders. Hey, here's another idea: maybe the MPAA should just refrain from doling out R-ratings simply because of a few f-bombs. Colin Firth saying the f-word barely counts, the same way that watching kittens fight hardly qualifies as violent. (The Hollywood Reporter)

Jon Bon Joviand Seth Meyers join overstuffed ensemble cast of "Valentine's Day." (Pop 2 It)

The movie version of "The Hunger Games," based on the popular young-adult novel, has been set for a March 23, 2012 release date. Mark those calendars accordingly. (Entertainment Weekly)

By Jen Chaney  | January 26, 2011; 11:08 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: James Franco celebrates Oscar nomination by getting trapped under something heavy
Next: Justin Bieber and Ozzy Osbourne to appear in Super Bowl commercial

Comments

Jimmy Buffet: faceplant today in Margaritaville?

"Prince William and Kate Middleton send their save the dates ... via fax. Wait, people still use fax machines?" This is Royalty, Jen - some of the richest people in Britain, but they live in giant unheated brick houses, travel by horse & hunt foxes. For them, a fax is magic. They probably have a guy named Merlin on staff just to dial the thing.

"The King's Speech" may need to be edited for language? How rude can "fu-fu-fu-fu-fu***" sound, anyway?

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 26, 2011 11:21 AM | Report abuse

R.I.P. Charlie Louvin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptX7HYeeRI

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 26, 2011 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I gotta ask. How does Mike Tyson support 8 kids. The man hasn't really worked in year. I mean what is he doing for money?

Posted by: epjd | January 26, 2011 11:29 AM | Report abuse

"Jimmy Buffet falls off stage during Australia concert" -- I blame Oprah. Hugh Jackman hurt himself rappelling onto her show outside the Sydney Oprah, er, Opera House and now this. (Well either that or he blew out his flip-flop stepping on a pop top. Both theories have merits.)

"Prince William and Kate Middleton send their save the dates ... via fax" -- Now I can now put it in my Palm Pilot and record their address in my Rolodex.

"Bristol Palin has a job offer" -- Good for her.

"Mike Tyson welcomes his eighth child" -- I smell TLC show!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | January 26, 2011 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Is this format replacing the original Morning Mix, which I have been unable to find all week? I fully admit I am very resistant to change and loved the original format if this is indeed the new delivery of a smattering of pop culture and celebrity-related links and news stories. An update on plans or status (since we've not heard much from Liz this week - are you OK??) would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: JLF03 | January 26, 2011 12:15 PM | Report abuse

"Mike Tyson welcomes his eighth child" -- I smell TLC show!

Posted by: td_in_baltimore

***

I humbly propose that it be entitled, "Standing Eight Count with Mike Tyson".

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 26, 2011 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I humbly propose that it be entitled, "Standing Eight Count with Mike Tyson".

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 26, 2011 12:15 PM

--------------------------------------------

Byoo' go to your neutral corner.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 26, 2011 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Jen, regarding your commentary about the diminished offensive character of a certain 4-letter word, you've invited a "Physician, heal thyself moment." washingtonpost.com has an extensive wordy dirt list that filters our postings. It's gotten so bad that even euphemisms get filtered. For example, I risk getting filtered by writing Summers Eve, much less d*****bag.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 26, 2011 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Still wondering about the Morning Mix myself.

Just what the gene pool needs, more spawn of certifiably insane Mike Tyson. Dude. Tie a knot in it already.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 26, 2011 1:19 PM | Report abuse

What, no "Bristol Palin has a face for radio" jokes? I'm disappointed in all of you....

Posted by: klaw009x | January 26, 2011 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: klaw009x

*****

Isn't it Trig who's going to be confused with Radio?

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 26, 2011 2:10 PM | Report abuse

klaw

First she's going to need a personality transplant.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 26, 2011 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Bristol's facebook entries don't rise to the level of Snappy Answers To Stupid Questions, but I guess most morning radio doesn't, either.

Posted by: HardyW | January 27, 2011 11:34 AM | Report abuse