Posted at 10:04 AM ET, 01/12/2011

Kate Hudson is pregnant -- Us Weekly

By Liz Kelly

Hudson at the 2009 People's Choice Awards. (Reuters)

We're running out of clever ways to start these posts, so I'll just spit it out: Kate Hudson is reportedly expecting a baby with her boyfriend, Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy, making her the eighth celeb to announce a pregnancy in since the beginning of December.

Us Weekly reports that Hudson, 31, is 14 weeks into her pregnancy.

"It was not planned, but they are excited and embracing it," said a source to the magazine.

Hudson already has one son, 7-year-old Ryder, with ex-husband Chris Robinson.

On Tuesday, Hudson ex Owen Wilson also announced that he and girlfriend Jade Duell are expecting a baby any day now. Also planning visits to the maternity ward in 2011: Singer Jewel, French actress Marion Cotillard, former "Spice Girl" Victoria Beckham, "30 Rock's" Jane Krakowski, "Black Swan" star Natalie Portman and actress Jennifer Connelly.

Okay, who's next?

Source: Us

By Liz Kelly  | January 12, 2011; 10:04 AM ET
Categories:  Baby Boom, Celebrities  | Tags:  Kate Hudson
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Justin Bieber shows off shiner; Conrad Murray to stand trial in Jackson death
Next: Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway on 'Dark Knight' short list; Conan O'Brien is No. 1 ... kind of

Comments

Good Lawd, who's next? I predict Britney Spears, LeAnn Rimes, Keira Knightley, Sienna Miller and Holly Madison.

Not like my predictions are any more random than everyone up who's already announced.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | January 12, 2011 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I'm guessing from the picture that Kate has some strange type of butt pregnancy? It seems pretty unusual to have the baby develop in the buttocks region and I imagine it must be difficult to sit down.

Posted by: MStreet1 | January 12, 2011 10:42 AM | Report abuse

My candidate is Portia de Rossi.

Posted by: justmike | January 12, 2011 10:46 AM | Report abuse

All these pregnancies remind me of the immortal words of Detective Medavoy in an episode of NYPD Blue: "That is an inordinate amount of semen."

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 12, 2011 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Man, they better be on the kindergarten list already. Thoese classes are filling up fast.

Posted by: epjd | January 12, 2011 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Sploot! Oh Byoolin.....I read this blog for you as much as I do for Liz & Jen!

Posted by: MDey | January 12, 2011 12:36 PM | Report abuse

MDey, me too! I think it's a disgrace that WaPo doesn't just go ahead and hire Byoolin, even if just as a freelancer.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | January 12, 2011 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Great, just great. For the rest of the day the phrase, "an inordinate amount of semen," will be going through my mind.

That the phrase, people. Not the semen.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 12, 2011 2:21 PM | Report abuse