Posted at 8:38 AM ET, 01/21/2011

Lindsay Lohan back to work; Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal back together?

By Liz Kelly

Lindsay Lohan, hard at work. (via Twitter)

Lindsay Lohan posted the photo above to her Twitter account with the explanation, "Photo Shoot for JJ Japan! xo Lindsay." So I guess that means she didn't pick out that hideous sweater herself?

More morning mix -- Including a new Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal sighting and George Clooney's triumph over malaria -- after the jump...

Celebrity Beat: What the what? Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal spotted eating together in Nashville... George Clooney recovering from his second bout of malaria, according to new CNN talker Piers Morgan... Roger Ebert fitted with prosthetic chin and jaw... Britney Spears's "Hold It Against Me" tops U.S. charts... Justin Bieber for PETA: "Animals can make u smile..." Rihanna = Sideshow Bob... 50 Cent's massive Connecticut mansion for sale... Paris Hilton's boyfriend to be charged with felony for August drug arrest.

Rumor Mill: "Jersey Shore's" Snooki and JWOWW shooting spinoff pilot... Rob Kardashian offered $45,000 for Playgirl shoot... Katie Holmes addicted to Scientology's E-meters, claims Star magazine... Did Lindsay Lohan cut a $25,000 deal to keep battery accuser silent?... Nanny accuses Robert De Niro of stiffing her on $30,000 in overtime earnings.

Say What?
"We went to high school together. He was a year older than me ... I remember him, he was very tall and skinny, wore lots of ponytails on his head. And I'm pretty sure I bought weed from him." -- Cameron Diaz on fellow high school alum Snoop Dogg

By Liz Kelly  | January 21, 2011; 8:38 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ricky Gervais explains 'Office' return to Piers Morgan; Russell Brand considers singing an '80s tune with Alec Baldwin
Next: George Clooney isn't the only celeb to battle malaria

Comments

love the sweater..

Posted by: newagent99 | January 21, 2011 8:56 AM | Report abuse

It's not fair: George Clooney with malaria is still way more handsome than me showered, shaved and suited.

It's still not fair: Roger Ebert fitted with prosthetic chin and jaw is also way more handsome than me showered, shaved and suited.

Dear Britney: If I said you had a beautiful body, would you Hold It Against Me? And also, would you turn off that f*&%$&^ radio?

Justin Bieber for PETA: "Animals can make u smile." Yep, there's nothing like a good steak.

"Rihanna = Sideshow Bob." Are you saying that all those bruises were from stepping on rakes, like Chris Brown claimed?

"Rob Kardashian"? Not Karl or Kevin or Keebler or Kukla?

"offered $45,000 for Playgirl shoot"? I take some comfort in knowing that at least my earlier "It's not fair" joke doesn't apply here.

Cameron Diaz bought weed from Snoop Dogg? That's a whole 'nother kind of Shocker.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 21, 2011 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Rhianna walks into her salon, and says to her stylist, "I'm feeling inspired by Sideshow Bob, I've always liked that fella-ella-ella-eh..."

Posted by: MzFitz | January 21, 2011 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin, had to work yesterday so I didn't see your question until late. Yes, there is civil domestic violence charges. That is basically a protective order. In most states, a protective order is a civil action, not a criminal one. Although violating a civil protective order can be a criminal act.

Of course Taylor Swift and Jake G. are back together. She didn't have enough material for another album and he thought he looked funny without a beard.

Posted by: epjd | January 21, 2011 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Item:
byoolin being mistaken for sasquatchbigfoot falls somewhere between "Roger Ebert" and "Kid X-Y Khromosome Kardashian" on the "It's not fair" scale.

Discuss.

Posted by: byoolin1 | January 21, 2011 10:12 AM | Report abuse

"Lindsay Lohan back to work"

Since when is snorting coke and drinking considered "work"? Oh, you mean that other stuff she does so that she can afford all the coke and booze. It'd probably be easier if she just started hanging out with Charlie Sheen. She could be like a remora to his partying ways.

Posted by: MStreet1 | January 21, 2011 10:14 AM | Report abuse

"Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal back together?"

Thank the dear baby Jesus, now I can rest easy tonight.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | January 21, 2011 10:47 AM | Report abuse

The remora comment gets my vote for quote of the week! LOL.

So now we know famewh*remongering and general skankishness are consistent Kartrashian family genes, regardless of gender.

Posted by: Californian11 | January 21, 2011 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Byoolin, I knew it was a regular Lizard that I respect. Does that make you feel better?

And Sas, see above for the comment that I misdirected at Byoolin.

Posted by: epjd | January 21, 2011 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the legal clarification, ep. Interesting differences. I take it that the burden of proof for a restraining order is significantly lower than for criminal abuse.

As for the mistaken identity, I play Trinculo to Byoo's Prospero.

Byoo, you can rest assured that you're better looking than I am, be it damnation with faint praise.....

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 21, 2011 11:54 AM | Report abuse

And Byoo looks better than Sideshow Bob, too.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 21, 2011 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Sas, yes. The burden of proof is lower, although not significantly. I can only speak to Maryland's standard, but I don't think it is too different in other states. In Maryland, to get a temporary PO, the standard is reasonable grounds. To get a final order, it must be proven by "clear and convincing" evidence. Clear and convincing is higher than preponderance of the evidence (more likely than not), but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt (pretty darn sure it happened). Believe it or not, some judges treat the "clear and convincing" standard almost like "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Hey, I have offered to do a celeb related legal chat.

Posted by: epjd | January 21, 2011 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to see a celeb-related legal chat.

Hint-hint, Liz & Jen....

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | January 21, 2011 12:06 PM | Report abuse

facebook is shuting down on 15th march, read tho full report here goo.gl/uBxHa

Posted by: jennifer89 | January 21, 2011 1:17 PM | Report abuse

facebook is shuting down on 15th march, read tho full report here http://goo.gl/uBxHa

Posted by: jennifer89 | January 21, 2011 1:42 PM | Report abuse