Posted at 4:13 PM ET, 01/12/2011

Stephanie Seymour's son: Picture scandal a 'malicious' attack

By Liz Kelly

Stephanie Seymour and husband Peter Brant, who reconciled in September after months of what our own Reliable Source described as "nasty allegations" ahead of an expected divorce. (By Evan Agostini/AP)

Last week, photos of bikini-clad former supermodel Stephanie Seymour frolicking on a beach with her son caused a medium-sized stir on the Web.

In the pictures, Seymour and her 18-year-old son do indeed appear to be, well, closer than nature intended. At the time, though, we passed on posting them. Photos can be taken out of context and with no explanation to accompany them, it just seemed like a cheap shot.

But now that Seymour's son, Peter Brant II, has addressed the kerfuffle on his Facebook fan page, we're comfortable passing along the pix for your judgment. (Why does this kid have a Facebook fan page? Because he is a "Designer, Art Collector, Socialite and Model, and the eldest son of Supermodel Stephanie Seymour and Newsprint Billionare Peter Brant I." Duh. Maybe he'll launch his own rap career next.)

Anyhow, Brant described the picture scandal as a "malicious" attack, explaining that his mom is "intimate" with all of her children and adding that he's gay, anyway:

I would just like to say that these pictures have been taken completely out of context, my mother and i are very close as she is with all her children. she often hugs and kisses me and my siblings in an manner that is intimate, any mother in the world does the same. that day on the beach we walked around with each other completely aware of the presence of photographers there. We have nothing to hide and with that in mind I would like to say that I am openly gay. At my age my mother and I are almost like friends and I feel open to talk to her about anything (and yes our relationship may be different because of my sexuality).

Gay or not, I'm still not convinced the Seymour family doesn't need to take the PDAs down a notch. But who am I to judge? That, dear reader, is your job.

Source: Gawker

By Liz Kelly  | January 12, 2011; 4:13 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chet Hanks: The son of Tom Hanks is an aspiring rapper. Either that or he's kidding.
Next: Peter Fonda finds dead body in car

Comments

That looks a little to close to me. I wonder what our old friend Freud would have to say?

Posted by: Devo2 | January 12, 2011 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I think they are getting relationship advice from Woody Allen.

Posted by: kbockl | January 12, 2011 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Okay, that is definitely a hand-boob moment there. But that's the only really weird thing I see, and that could easily be an awkward slip. Some of the poses seem creepy-close, but hey, maybe they're a touchy-feely crew.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | January 12, 2011 5:32 PM | Report abuse

I'm with Bawlmer.

Posted by: Guest1234 | January 12, 2011 7:02 PM | Report abuse

I third Bawlmer. But if that were a father and daughter everyone would be jumping up and down, so in the interest of fairness I'd also agree that they need to dial it down in public--gay or not, copping a feel on your mom's breast at 18 is creepy.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | January 12, 2011 7:37 PM | Report abuse

If the kid wants to avoid "malicious attacks", he probably shouldn't be feeling up his mom on a public beach. Proving one again that the rich are different from you and me.

Posted by: justmike | January 12, 2011 8:43 PM | Report abuse

Those are strange photos. That level of affection may be normal in the Seymour-Brant household, but those are not typical family vacation photos. They look like a romantic couple, and that's a little strange.

Posted by: Aloe9678 | January 12, 2011 11:50 PM | Report abuse

Gay or not, in some of those pictures he seems really "excited" to see his Mom. Either that or the maid put too much starch in his swim trunks.

Posted by: onlytheshadowknows1 | January 13, 2011 1:25 PM | Report abuse