Posted at 12:27 PM ET, 02/ 9/2011

Ashlee Simpson files for divorce from Pete Wentz

By Liz Kelly

Pete Wentz with then fiancee Ashlee Simpson at the 2008 White House Correspondents' Association dinner. (Getty Images)

Well, anyway, today Simpson filed for divorce from husband of two years Pete Wentz. You'll surely remember Wentz as The Guy Married to Ashlee Simpson, because we're pretty sure you don't remember him as the bassist of so-so indie rock band Fall Out Boy.

According to TMZ, there's no prenup in place and Simpson is asking for spousal and child support in addition to primary physical custody of the couple's son, 2-year-old Bronx Mowgli.

Source: TMZ

By Liz Kelly  | February 9, 2011; 12:27 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Relationships, Splits  | Tags:  Ashlee Simpson, Pete Wentz
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: As Timothy Olyphant and 'Justified' return, we assess the best current cowboys
Next: Kevin Smith talks about his 65-pound weight loss

Comments

So she's seeking spousal support and child support from him, yet is also seeking to terminate his right to ask for spousal support from her? Huh? If she makes enough to possibly owe him spousal support, how can she ask for spousal support? And vice versa? Clearly, I'm ignorant on issues of spousal support. I only wish I made enough to have that problem!

Posted by: itsme1 | February 9, 2011 1:23 PM | Report abuse

So, that'd be...

One night and one more time
Thanks for the memories
Even though they weren't so good
Tastes like you only sweeter?

Posted by: northgs | February 9, 2011 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Itsme, spousal support (alimony) is highly state specific. It is possible that she had to state he can't ask for it, even if he would not qualify. there are a lot of odd quirks in family law.

I am amazed they made it this long. I was surprised they even made it to the marriage to get divorced from.

Posted by: epjd | February 9, 2011 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully Ashlee can use this to grow into a great artist and carry on with her brilliant career...oh, never mind!

Daddy must have decided Pete was a little too short in the bank account department.

Posted by: SoCali | February 9, 2011 2:09 PM | Report abuse

A celebrity couple splitting up??? I'm crushed!

Posted by: Guest1234 | February 9, 2011 2:27 PM | Report abuse

"Remember Ashlee Simpson? Jessica Simpson's little sister. The one who flubbed up her lip-synching performance on "SNL" back in 2004, disappeared, then resurfaced in 2006 with a trim new nose. Not ringing a bell? Perhaps you remember her for her short stint on the CW's "Melrose Place" reboot. No?"

---

Just wanted to say that.

Posted by: alarico | February 9, 2011 2:55 PM | Report abuse

I thought they had 2 kids - shows what I know - I am sure she's divorcing him because he keeps using her eyeliner and stealing her skinny jeans...

Posted by: LTL1 | February 9, 2011 2:57 PM | Report abuse

They really named their child Bronx Mowgli?

Posted by: forgetthis | February 9, 2011 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Let's have a big Bronx cheer!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 9, 2011 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Ashlee Simpson will be best remembered as the ex-wife of Pete Wentz.

Posted by: charlesbakerharris | February 9, 2011 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: isHotr | February 9, 2011 8:50 PM | Report abuse

omg...no way! This is crazy! I thought they were like the odd weird going to make it couple. I guess Ashlee was just TOO HOT for Pete. http://j.momg...no way! This is crazy! I thought they were like the odd weird going to make it couple. I guess Ashlee was just TOO HOT for Pete. http://j.mp/ishotr10p/ishotr10

Posted by: isHotr | February 9, 2011 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: isHotr | February 9, 2011 8:54 PM | Report abuse

who cares? The country is on economic fire and there are people who care about this Bee-esse?

Posted by: yard80197 | February 14, 2011 10:36 PM | Report abuse