Posted at 8:12 AM ET, 02/ 3/2011

Charlie Sheen likens himself to Errol Flynn

By Liz Kelly

Charlie Sheen. (Getty Images)

A week after being hospitalized following a night of binge-drinking, Charlie Sheen admits that he has "a lot of work to do" and likens himself to Errol Flynn, "who had to put down his sword on occasion."

In a statement to Us, Sheen writes:

"I have a lot of work to do to be able to return the support I have received from so many people. I want to say 'thank-you' to my fellow cast members, the crew of Two and a Half Men, and everyone at CBS and Warner Bros., especially Les Moonves and Bruce Rosenblum for their concern and support.
"To my fans, your good wishes have touched me very much. Like Errol Flynn, who had to put down his sword on occasion, I just want to say, 'thank-you'."

Why Errol Flynn? The swashbuckling actor -- notorious for his partying -- died at 50 in 1959 after an alleged week-long binge.

On Wednesday, the Los Angeles Fire Department released the tape of the 911 call that led to Sheen's hospitalization last week:

Source: Us

By Liz Kelly  | February 3, 2011; 8:12 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Charlie Sheen  | Tags:  Charlie Sheen
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Farrah Fawcett's iconic red swimsuit donated to Smithsonian
Next: Halle Berry does not want Kim Kardashian anywhere near her kid

Comments

Order the guy some steak tartare and be done with it.

Posted by: kabuki3 | February 3, 2011 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Come to think of it, Gordon Gekko DID order him some steak tartare and he's still alive...

Posted by: kabuki3 | February 3, 2011 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Errol Flynn died an ignoble death, in the company of 15-year-oldparamour Beverly Aadland, who'd been pimped out by her mother.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 3, 2011 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Can I have the rest of the powder in the designer briefcase?

Posted by: fatdaddyphat | February 3, 2011 2:10 PM | Report abuse