Posted at 9:05 AM ET, 02/14/2011

Charlie Sheen passes drug tests; Elizabeth Taylor hospitalized

By Liz Kelly

Charlie Sheen. (AP)

Charlie sheen has reportedly managed to stay clean since he confined himself to in-home rehab. TMZ reports that the "Two and a Half Men" star hsa passed two drug tests -- one as recently as Sunday morning. [TMZ]

A woman was arrested after trespassing at the Beverly Hills property of Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi last Thursday. She apparently never made it into the actual residence and did not make contact with either Ellen or Portia. [People]

Jessica Simpson, marketing genius, is launching her own line of prom dresses. "Inspired by the fabulous designer gowns I've worn to red carpet events, my affordable collection is designed to fit and flatter a variety of body types and help girls achieve their own red carpet style for prom." [Starpulse]

Miley Cyrus's pre-Grammy party dress a big hit with my husband. [Bauer-Griffin]

Elizabeth Taylor, 78, was hospitalized late last week for treatment of congestive hert failure. [Us]

By Liz Kelly  | February 14, 2011; 9:05 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Christina Aguilera falls on Grammy stage
Next: Marion Cotillard joins cast of 'The Dark Knight Rises' -- Report

Comments

Charlie Sheen stays home, stays clean: do you think it's "Two And A Half Men" that drives him to booze, drugs and hookers? It makes sense - I know I'd have to be pretty drunk to *watch* it.

"Miley Cyrus's pre-Grammy party dress a big hit with my husband." Proofreading note, Liz Kelly: the font you used at the end of that sentence is so small that it looks like a period, instead of what you typed, which was ", who can spend Valentine's Day in the garage for all I care."

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 14, 2011 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Miley's dress looked more like a foundation garment. And I'm a little squicked out by Liz's decription of it.

Posted by: northgs | February 14, 2011 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Ok, some quick hits on the Miley dress:

It's about three pouches away from being a Rob Liefield design.

I feel like I want to make a joke about casting a wide net, but I just can't find the right way to phrase it.

And just remember, she probably had to get her father's approval before wearing that dress out of the house.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 14, 2011 10:05 AM | Report abuse

It's that CHARLIE SHEEN PHOTO AGAIN! Honestly, ladies; really? The pic where he looks older than his age and like he's about to go over the edge psychologically? Must you subject loyal readers to this photo yet again?

(OK, maybe I myself am the one going over the edge. Still.... enough already. Surprise us with a still from "Ferris Bueller." Something. Anything.)

Miley's dress looks like a Project Runway challenge. "Make a dress out of items you'd find in a bathroom." On a positive note, that dress is adhering to her via lots of tiny suction cups on the inside / back.

That Ellen/Portia item seems suspicious somehow. Was it a male or female intruder? A matter of retrieving an errant baseball or something more sinister? Inquiring minds want---- never mind, actually I don't really want to know.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 14, 2011 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Miley doesn't look like just an adult--she looks like an adult streetwalker. I'm so sorry that she feels that because she has no talent that she must try so hard to be noticed.

Posted by: amac3 | February 14, 2011 12:48 PM | Report abuse

I'm with Mister Liz on Miley's dress...take that as you wish.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 14, 2011 1:47 PM | Report abuse

This guy Sheen and all the other Hollywood functioning addicts are pathetic along with all the other dead beat junkies provoking the Mexican drug war!

Posted by: bm66535 | February 15, 2011 12:44 PM | Report abuse