Posted at 8:15 AM ET, 02/ 8/2011

Christina Aguilera to open Grammys?

By Liz Kelly

Christina Aguilera at Sunday's Super Bowl. (AP)

Fresh off her Super Bowl "Star Spangled" snafu, Christina Aguilera is reportedly set to open Sunday's Grammy broadcast.

According to the site Wayne's World, Aguilera will open the show -- along with Jennifer Hudson and a few other mystery performers -- with a tribute to Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin. The site also speculates that Franklin herself, who recently underwent surgery for an undisclosed condition, will make an appearance.

The appearance could give Xtina a much-needed image rehab after the Super Bowl fumble heard round the world.

Source: Wayne's World

Related: In the wake of the Christina Aguilera/national anthem debacle, take our 'Star-Spangled Banner' quiz

By Liz Kelly  | February 8, 2011; 8:15 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Christina Aguilera
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tony Hawk files for divorce from third wife
Next: Video: Prince boots Kim Kardashian off his stage

Comments

Ok, Christina, repeat after me. R-E-S-P-E-C-T (sock it to me!)

Posted by: elias_howe | February 8, 2011 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Please CA, or Xtina?, or whatever, just go home, sit down and be quiet. You have done enough for this year.

Posted by: DCJudge | February 8, 2011 9:09 AM | Report abuse

OMG ladies who can SANG (get Fantasia on the stage as well) will honor my girl ReRe. Whitney always sings my fave ReRe song "Aint No Way"

Funny I posted on the Columbus Dispatch site yesterday when I took my daughter to school at Osu (Baby Buckeye now SR Buckeye)she wanted me to try a burger place near campus. Aretha came over the loud speaker and this white lady started singing. She saw me singing and we jammed together (Ebony and Ivory, hahaha). Our daughters were so embarrassed and the place was dying with laughter. When we left she said "I luv Aretha." I said "Friends call her ReRe and we're her friends now" hahaha She didn't know black ppl call her ReRe. She was so excited to know this secret hahaha

I bet the waiters remember the us bring the joint down with FUN!!! That's what taking your daughter to college is supposed to be like hahahahaha

Now I'll watch Grammys for the opening. Tired of seeing the same old people every year........

Posted by: MDlady2 | February 8, 2011 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I can hear it now, "Welcome to the Academy Awards!"

Posted by: kabuki3 | February 8, 2011 11:42 AM | Report abuse

The song was oversouled. I hate it when singers do that. Forgetting words--OK, that happens. But stylizing it six ways from Sunday to show off your pipes is just annoying.

Posted by: Bluefish2012 | February 8, 2011 3:43 PM | Report abuse