Posted at 1:24 PM ET, 02/25/2011

'Hangover 2' teaser trailer: It's almost so funny

By Liz Kelly

"The Hangover." It made stars of Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and, arguably, Mike Tyson. Ed Helms (aka "The Nard Dog"), in my "Office"-centric estimation, was already a star. The movie was a revelation, a lightning strike after so many disappointing cloudy days. But can lightning strike twice? And can my writing get any cheesier? My answers: Possibly not and definitely yes.

Anyhow, the first teaser trailer for "The Hangover 2" was released Thursday. The gang has been transplanted to Thailand for more madcap adventures. A couple worrisome things to note: 1. The funniest thing about this clip is Zach G's T-shirt. And, 2. Half of the one-minute promo is taken up with quotes about how amazing the first movie was rather than proof that the sequel will live up to the hype:

Agree? Disagree? "The Hangover 2" hits theaters on Memorial Day.

P.S. One thing we can all agree on -- Bradley Cooper is hot.

By Liz Kelly  | February 25, 2011; 1:24 PM ET
Categories:  Movies
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Got a question for Natalie Portman or James Franco? Tweet it to #oscarspotting
Next: Oscars 2011: Now even the Academy Award broadcast has its own spoilers

Comments

Bradley Cooper and a cute little monkey in clothes... I am so there

Posted by: kawilson69 | February 25, 2011 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm looking forward to this movie, and I'm glad they didn't reveal any of the jokes in the trailer. It is a "teaser" trailer, so I think it served the purpose. Noticed no Doug, though. I hope they don't retread the "Doug is lost" plot again.

Posted by: Finnucane | February 25, 2011 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Still waiting for the funny part. Well, Zack is funny lookin' with the hair cut.

Posted by: cymp65 | February 25, 2011 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Hangover is near perfect.

Posted by: skins_fan_22 | February 25, 2011 2:07 PM | Report abuse

The Hangover sucked. I watched it half-baked and laughed maybe twice. Not funny.

Posted by: EpsteinsMothersDoctor | February 25, 2011 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Thin Bradley Cooper's hot? You haven't seen the nipple ring in my man-boobs.

Posted by: allknowingguy | February 25, 2011 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Lets hope for a lot of naked oriental gay guys,,lose the haircut

Posted by: schmidt1 | February 25, 2011 5:43 PM | Report abuse

The first Hangover was HORRIBLE! I can't imagine this one being any different.

Posted by: whatyoutalkinboutman | February 25, 2011 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Bradley Cooper? I don't get it. He looks like a tranny verson of Barry Manilow.

Posted by: powellmartha | February 25, 2011 11:44 PM | Report abuse

I am TOTALLY diggin' Ed Helms' facial tattoo homage to Mike Tyson (notice how it fits perfectly around his glasses frame) . . . and Zach Galifianakis' haircut/t-shirt . . . and the monkey too . . . and you're worried there won't be comedy? Pshaw!

Posted by: pfallsgirl | February 26, 2011 12:28 PM | Report abuse

What the...

I guess you had to be there for round one...

Posted by: Bluefish2012 | February 26, 2011 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Anybody that doesn't think the first Hangover was hilarious has no sense of humor whatsoever, and should avoid comedy movies, period. Seriously. There were laughs to be had at just about every line - assuming you were at least 10 years old.

Posted by: fbutler1 | February 26, 2011 3:41 PM | Report abuse

How could you forget Ken Jeong as the gangster?? He was made into a bigger star than Bradley Cooper in the Hangover! He stole the show. You're not only office-centric, but main character-centric...

Posted by: dsachs1 | February 26, 2011 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, I can't imagine not finding something to love in the Hangover. EpsteinsMothersDoctor's needs to pull that stick out of your rear end. You sound like a nice puritan.

Posted by: tylerdurden1 | February 26, 2011 9:45 PM | Report abuse

The Hangover is the funniest movie I have ever seen, anyone who did not like it, doesn't have a sense of humor, this one may be good, but I dont think it will be as funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: highwaybluesoccer | February 27, 2011 7:11 PM | Report abuse

I didn't see the Hangover until it came out on dvd. I thought it was very funny, but not as funny as it was hyped up to be. It's definitely good enough to watch multiple times, but I really thought Pineapple Express was 100 times funnier than Hangover.

I'll definitely catch the 2nd movie, just hope it's at least as good, if not better than the 1st.

Posted by: RobInVaBeach | February 27, 2011 10:13 PM | Report abuse