Posted at 9:07 AM ET, 02/ 7/2011

Lindsay Lohan facing felony charges; Shia LaBeouf in bar brawl

By Liz Kelly

Owen Wilson prepares to lob the pigskin ahead of Super Bowl XLV. (AP)

Shia LaBeouf was briefly handcuffed, then released, after a bar brawl in Sherman Oaks, Calif. LaBeouf was "sucker punched in the mouth," said one eye witness.

Lindsay Lohan will face felony grand theft charges in the case of a necklace that disappeared from a Venice, Calif., jewelry store after the necklace was allegedly last spotted in the vicinity of her neck.

Will.i.am was thwarted in his attempt to Tweet during Super Bowl halftime show. After the performance, the Black Eyed Pea managed to get out this AT&T diss: "Att crashed...ahhhh!!!! The worse."

Ashton Kutcher had prime game seating, just one row behind former president George W. Bush and one row in front of some cheesehead kid.

Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino planning leap to big screen. "There's only so long you can rule the reality world," said the "Jersey Shore" star to E! News.

"Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" star Tura Satana dead at 72.

By Liz Kelly  | February 7, 2011; 9:07 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Christina Aguilera botches national anthem at Super Bowl
Next: Super Bowl 2011: The non-football-related winners and losers

Comments

Regarding Shia Lebeouf, he called Indiana Jones daddio. He had it coming.

Sounds like the AT&T network performed as well as the Black Eyed Peas.

Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino planning leap...if only it was off a cliff...

"Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" star Tura Satana dead at 72. Thank you Liz for keeping us abreast of the situation.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 7, 2011 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Wow, lotsa hate on the Christina Aguilera post over there. I won't comment further other than to say get the words right and I kinda like the original melody, thanks. Oh, and I salute Sid Prejean, LtCol, USAF, Retired for his comment (spot on) and his service to our country.

Lindsay needs to go to an ashram or something. And leave the jewelry at home.

Will.i.a.m, it wasn't the "worse" that AT&T crashed, it was "worse" that you guys probably lost a bundle on future concert receipts because we all now know that the Black-Eyed Peas are terrible live.

Speaking of that halftime sh---, whatever, was Usher planned or did he think he was getting in an elevator back to his seat when he showed up to do a split?

Note to Producers: If the lights on the "LOVE" stage are out on part of that V, stop showing aerial shots. All we did was shout LOIE everytime we saw it.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 7, 2011 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Dozed off on the couch during halftime, but awoke to what sounded like a female cat in heat in the room. Turned out to be Fergie on the TV. Rolled over and went back to sleep till the second half.

Yes, td, a veritable BKD on the anthem page. Have you ever visited the marvelous interpretive program at Fort McHenry? I defy any American, liberal and conservative alike, to keep from having a tear or two puddle up in their eyes at the end of the program. (John Boehner would probably break down in sobs).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 7, 2011 9:56 AM | Report abuse

I guess Shia found out what happens when you can't run away after you throw your drink at someone.

Posted by: MStreet1 | February 7, 2011 10:19 AM | Report abuse

I was sucker punched in the eyes by a Transformer 3 commercial last night, so I'd call it even.

Posted by: yellojkt | February 7, 2011 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I have indeed spent a bit of time at Fort McHenry, Nosy. Yes, the end of the program (that I have attended several times) really does make you think. And well up. (Just the thought of that makes Xtina's debacle annoy me all over again....)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 7, 2011 10:49 AM | Report abuse

td, I'm inclined to cut Xtina some slack, because I imagine she feels worse about this than any of us, and humiliated as well. Anyone who's a musician knows that occasionally the planets just don't align, figuratively speaking. I'll spare you a couple of solos I played, one in junior high, another in high school, that I'd rather forget, although it's been enough decades that I'm probably the only one who remembers any more, mercifully; Xtina doesn't have that luxury.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 7, 2011 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Fergie has the physical (and facial) flexibility of Joan Rivers. A far cry from the days of Kim Hill

Posted by: HardyW | February 7, 2011 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I agree td, I'll forgive the botched/forgotten words, proof it happens to the best of performers.

No one has topped Marvin Gaye IMHO. If you're gonna give the song your spin, do it properly without the caterwauling or do it like a normal person.

Thank goodness some of my show choir performances aren't available anywhere. Yes kids, I was a Gleek in high school though we never called it glee club back then, glee club was just a choir that only did the vocals back in the day.

Marvin's performance:

Posted by: wadejg | February 7, 2011 11:12 AM | Report abuse

It's funny I was going to come to the defense of X-tina and the BEP by saying 'at least they didn't lip sync' but then I realized that showed just how pathetically low we have sunk in our expectations artistically speaking.

We don't even expect artists to perform any more (and by perform I mean, you know, SING if you are a musician).

I realize that usually those singing the anthem put their own mark on it and that is ok - it was after all originally crafted as a poem with no accompanying score. I guess I was just expecting more from an artist known for her big voice and I would have hoped for her remembering the lines.

Does that mean she dishonored this nation, I don't think so, I think her intent and respect were there. So hate would be an over-reaction. Disappointment seems appropriate.

Now Em's Ice Tea sell out. Totally LAME.

Posted by: LTL1 | February 7, 2011 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I was disappointed that the halftime show was so short. I figured that I had time to fold a load of clothes AND prepare dinner. If only the Black-Eyed Peas had stunk up Jerry Jones Stadium for 10 more minutes.....

Dorkus, if Tura Stana was still alive, she'd swing her chest and knock you across the room.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 7, 2011 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Sas, you say that like it would be a bad thing.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 7, 2011 1:21 PM | Report abuse

I haven't seen the exhibit at Fort McHenry (keep meaning to get up there). Did any one catch the reading of the Declaration of Independence by NFL stars and military people, along with various adorable children? All I know is my room suddenly got very dusty. That is the only explanation for the teary eyes.

Yeah, Linds, your stylist forgot to return it. Let me explan the meaning of the words "agent or employee."

Posted by: epjd | February 7, 2011 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Sas, you say that like it would be a bad thing.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 7, 2011

---------------------------------------
The part about you being on your knees and begging for it was incorporated by inference.

At Tura Satana's memorial service, they won't say, "Rest in peace," or "Adieu."

They'll say, "Tata!!"

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 7, 2011 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Wow, that Xtina post keeps getting angrier and angrier. So which one of you is AngryMan? ;)

Dag, wadejg, Marvin Gaye's version was fantastic. Put his spin on it, but the original melody and beautifully rendered. Thanks for posting it.

Me, I'm a little partial to Take 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZe8aB7plU

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | February 7, 2011 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I haven't even tried to poke my nose into the Xtina post- that is some fine imported crazy right there. Oh well, at least Liz and Jen are racking up notches on the hit counter with it.

On a more pleasant note, Owen Wilson, you are completely adorable. Someone described the Wilson brothers as like "human golden retrievers", and that picture definitely has me feeling it.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 7, 2011 4:01 PM | Report abuse