Posted at 11:36 AM ET, 02/22/2011

More celebrity hair loss: Jennifer Aniston shows off lighter look

By Liz Kelly

Justin Bieber, as usual, has started a trend. First, the boy wonder unveiled a new haircut. Now, at a Tuesday photo call promoting her latest movie, "Just Go With It," noted Bieber-copycat (we kid) Jennifer Aniston showed off a new 'do of her own.

jen_hair.jpg

What's different? Her locks are lighter -- she's lost a lot of length and gone a bit blonder. It's not quite a Rachel (good thing, since Aniston recently copped to despising her signature "Friends" cut: "How do I say this? I think it was the ugliest haircut I've ever seen."), but it may be a bit of a Barbra. As in Streisand.

No matter its provenance, we think Jen looks smashing.

Getty Images

By Liz Kelly  | February 22, 2011; 11:36 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Jennifer Aniston
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Oscars 2011: Your chance to ask questions, via Twitter, on the red carpet
Next: Oscars 2011: Predicting the supporting actor and supporting actress winners

Comments

Liz, you aren't thinking of getting your hair done this way for the big move, are you?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 22, 2011 2:17 PM | Report abuse

I think she's also gotten some sort of face filler injections.

Posted by: duhneese | February 22, 2011 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Smashing is always what I feel like doing when I see her smug mug.

Posted by: kabuki3 | February 22, 2011 2:45 PM | Report abuse

That's an uncanny impression of Renee Zellweger in the photo on the left.

Note to self: Add "face filler injections" to Little Black Book Of Filthy Euphemisms.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 22, 2011 3:10 PM | Report abuse

I love, love, love the shorter hair and it's about time...she had an adorable bob during the Friends years, then immediately grew it out. Good job Jen and don't get extensions!

Posted by: Californian11 | February 22, 2011 5:51 PM | Report abuse

OK, maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but her face does look plumper and there's even a hint of a double chin. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just find it hard to believe with her famous bod that she gained weight ... so, duhneese might be onto something ...

Posted by: Californian11 | February 22, 2011 5:57 PM | Report abuse

@Californian11: I loved the bob she had on "Friends!" I'm so glad she's cut it again, because we have similar hair types and I'm growing out my hair right now - I can finally use her as a reference again!

Posted by: Aloe9678 | February 22, 2011 7:41 PM | Report abuse

My frend is a stylist in LA and I hear she uses Regenepure shampoo- she also colors her hair. Whatever, I think she is beautiful even if she was bald!!!

Posted by: Rachel4321 | February 23, 2011 10:08 PM | Report abuse

My frIend is a stylist in LA and I hear she uses Regenepure shampoo- she also colors her hair. Whatever, I think she is beautiful even if she was bald!!!

Posted by: Rachel4321 | February 23, 2011 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Is the hair style a cry for help? Something similar to selling her house? Change? When a failed actress like Jennifer Aniston makes national news over high oil prices, unrest in North Africa, and attack of the labor unions, all social sciences must stand up at universities across the nation and salute Aniston by admitting, "Thank you for helping us keep our jobs." Aniston keeps anthropoligists, liberal art lecturers, and psychologists busy with full time jobs.

Thomas Chi