Posted at 9:46 AM ET, 02/10/2011

Sarah Palin totally did NOT say Christina Aguilera should be deported

By Liz Kelly

We're sure Sarah Palin totally hearts XTina. (AP)

Oopsy!

Us Weekly mistakenly published some completely fabricated quotes in which former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin was said to have blasted nation anthem flubber Christina Aguilera.

In the comments -- which were crafted by an Onion-like satirical Web site -- Palin, in a radio interview with Sean Hannity, supposedly called Aguilera a "demanding beauty queen who's clearly in over her head" and suggested she be deported because "spicy Latin princesses" shouldn't be allowed to sing at the Super Bowl.

"Unemployment is at nine percent, yet we have to suffer through a performance by a foreigner with a poor grasp of the English language," continues the satire. "If I were president, I'd deport Ms. Aguilera back to wherever it is she's from and give Amy Smart a call."

So this just fills us with confidence about Us's claim that ScarJo and Sean Penn are a couple.

After the jump, see a screengrab of the Us item...

Source: Gossip Cop

Related: Christina Aguilera botches national anthem at Super Bowl

Christina Aguilera nailed 'Star Spangled Banner' in Super Bowl rehearsal

palin_xtina_us.jpg

By Liz Kelly  | February 10, 2011; 9:46 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Christina Aguilera
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Scarlett Johansson 'smitten' with Sean Penn -- Us
Next: Lindsay Lohan seeking plea deal (report); Miley Cyrus game to play young Carrie Bradshaw

Comments

Palin and the Christina Anthem flub in one article? This could be good. (If only it were real)

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 10, 2011 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Though Staten Island is considered a foreign country to some people... sorry, Palin, this one's as much of an American as you.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | February 10, 2011 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | February 10, 2011 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Wow, talk about poor journalism! It tells you something of Palin-hate out there too, that they'll believe anything said about her without doing any fact-checking. I mean, I'm definitely no fan of hers, but she really does have a way of inspiring weirdly intense hate.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | February 10, 2011 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Mrs. Dorkus, I like you and you are a fine addition to our little Island. However, the quotes are FAKE. Sarah Palin didn't really say anything about Cristina Aguilera's nationality at all.

Posted by: epjd | February 10, 2011 10:14 AM | Report abuse

epjd - I hadn't had coffee prior to my comment :)

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | February 10, 2011 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd

****

Unless she was posting under another name in Monday's BKD. But that's not her style, so I doubt it.

Posted by: byoolin1 | February 10, 2011 10:28 AM | Report abuse

I doubt it too Byoolin. When she speaks she lets EVERYONE know.

S'aright Mrs. D. I posted before I saw your zinger of Mr. D. How could he do that to you? MEN!!!!!

Posted by: epjd | February 10, 2011 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Hey now, I'm gonna go ahead and blame Liz and Jen for not keeping us informed on the whereabouts of Ryan Reynolds.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | February 10, 2011 11:12 AM | Report abuse

epjd, It's mostly because I want ScarJo all to myself.

I mean, wait, what?

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | February 10, 2011 11:41 AM | Report abuse

It is very sad that American journalists continue to fabricate lies to smear the Palin family.

It is no wonder that American public approval rating for American journalism is less than 40%. This is much lower than the former East European rating for their communist-controlled journalists, as the latter also similarly manufactured series of blood libels against their dissident politicians.

Posted by: skponggol | February 10, 2011 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Why does this surprise anyone, most of the stories written about Palin are based on BS put out by loony left bloggers, and then picked up and run with by the establishment media. When people have been accused of being accessory to murder by many in the establishment media, they figure they can get away with saying anything.

Posted by: gatshanson1 | February 10, 2011 11:48 AM | Report abuse

MsDorkus, would you trade your ScarJo for my Daniel Craig?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2011 12:07 PM | Report abuse

A demanding beauty queen who's in over her head?! OMG, that has to be the best "pot calling the kettle black" I've ever heard. Sarah WAS talking about herself, right? ...

Posted by: Californian11 | February 10, 2011 12:17 PM | Report abuse

I stridently dislike Ms. Palin. But not as much as I dislike failing to source-check.

On the positive side, as you say, perhaps this means the ScarJo/Sean Penn story is baloney as well. Lord, I hope so.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | February 10, 2011 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Palin never actually said she could see Russia from her house, either, yet that line is treasured as sublime satire delivered by Tina Fey-as-Sarah on SNL, because it embodies a greater truth about a politician who's been characterized by Republican operatives as "uncoachable."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | February 10, 2011 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Sasquatch:

Throw in Ryan Gosling as well and we have a deal.

Posted by: mrsdorkusmaximus | February 10, 2011 3:06 PM | Report abuse

MrsDorkus, I'll check with my beefcake suppliers and let you know.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | February 10, 2011 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Palin has to be sitting around her house laughing her a** off. She has no elected office, nothing but a damn Facebook page and a Twitter account, and yet she can drive the democrat establishment, liberal bloggers and the MSM into a frothing at the mouth, bouncing off the wall frenzy not with a comment, but a supposed comment.

You guys are pathetic. No wonder all the major media will be bankrupt in a few short years.

Posted by: sunnyroberto | February 11, 2011 7:36 AM | Report abuse