Posted at 10:50 AM ET, 03/ 1/2011

Christina Aguilera arrested; Charlie Sheen disses John Stamos; Justin Bieber celebrates a birthday

By Jen Chaney

Christina Aguilera reportedly was arrested in L.A. last night on a charge of public intoxication. Her boyfriend, Matthew Rutler, also was arrested on a DUI charge.

Charlie Sheen says John Stamos does not have what it takes to replace him on "Two and a Half Men."

"I love him. I like John, but he doesn’t have what I have and the show sucks if he’s on it," Sheen reportedly says in a new Access Hollywood interview. A report on E! Online has revived rumors that CBS may be pursuing Stamos and asking him to step in.

Also, in another interview this morning, Sheen tells "Today" that the "goddesses" who live with him don't judge him. Then he proceeds to judge people who have expressed concern for him on the Internet.

Meanwhile, Sheen's longtime publicist Stan Rosenfeld resigned yesterday because he feels he's "unable to work effectively as his publicist." You don't say?

Justin Bieber celebrates his 17th birthday today. The Twitterverse is thrilled.

Voluptuous actress Jane Russell ("The Outlaw") has died at the age of 89.

By Jen Chaney  | March 1, 2011; 10:50 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Dancing With the Stars 2011: Kirstie Alley, Ralph Macchio join cast
Next: Melissa Leo on the f-bomb: Kate Winslet made her do it

Comments

Hmmm, I wonder what kind of offspring Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan would have...

Posted by: JLF03 | March 1, 2011 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Charlie Sheen suffers from a severe case of affluenza and is abusive. I just wish he would stop getting attention for his bad behavior.

Posted by: lydandy | March 1, 2011 11:56 AM | Report abuse

JLF03, I sure hope you brought plenty of brain bleach for everyone who posts after you this morning :-)

Please, all media outlets, don't let Charlie Sheen onto your air (or newsprint or pixels) to bloviate until he's been properly treated for his several medical problems. The extra eyeballs you're gathering to watch the train-wreck aren't worth it morally.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 1, 2011 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Jen, yesterday when I said Liz would be our queen forever, that was not a slight against you. You will also be our queen forever. I do, however, draw the line at being known as a Jennard. A gal has to have some standards.

I am sure that Jane Russell established that in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

I know Charlie Sheen's publicist is saying that right now.

Posted by: epjd | March 1, 2011 12:01 PM | Report abuse

I hope that Christina Aguilera's boyfriend is a singer too and that they get married and record an album together. I'd buy an album by the Rutlers.

Are we sure that Charlie Sheen didn't actually say that (a) John Stamos doesn't have what it takes to replace him on two and a half women (what *does* one call a little person prostitute, anyway?), or that (b) John Stamos doesn't have what it takes to replace him, even on two and a half grams?

"[T]he show sucks if he’s on it." Charlie Sheen confuses correlation with causality.

Stan Rosenfeld's resignation letter: "Clearly, you and I have different views on whether or not there's such a thing as bad publicity."

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 1, 2011 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I'm pretty certain that the offspring of Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan would just be one giant hard-as-a-rock liver.

On a lighter note...the Queen is dead. Long live the Queen! All hail Queen Jen.

I remain your humble servant, B'More Cat and Celebritology Lover.

Posted by: BMore_Cat_Lover | March 1, 2011 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Jen, I've been following you since your days at the Gazette. OK, not, like, LITERALLY following you, I guess I meant to say "reading your column." Yeah....that's the ticket! ;-)

Anyhoo, I know we're in capable hands with you.

I'm w/Nosy, it's time to step back & let Mr. Sheen either get his crap together & get help or implode on his own outta the spotlight. I don't wanna see him on GMA (or anywhere else) anymore unless it's a report about him checking into rehab, the psych ward or (I really hope this isn't the case) his obit if he doesn't do the former.

Oh & Charlie, I'd TOTALLY start watching a show that had Duckie & Blackie on it!!

Posted by: wadejg | March 1, 2011 12:52 PM | Report abuse

I suspect that the best permanent cure for ol' Charlie will come once his mania has been controlled and he watches some of the video documenting his insanity. I've decided to refrain from viewing any more of it myself, if I can help it. It's just too damn sad.

Posted by: kbockl | March 1, 2011 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dseigler2 | March 1, 2011 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Charlie Sheen is physically looking crazier and crazier each day.

Posted by: Guest1234 | March 1, 2011 1:53 PM | Report abuse

I think he's bipolar. If he's clean now, his normal "medication" of alcohol is no longer controlling his mania. Not sure what will happen when a depressive episode hits and he can't get coked up. If he's not bi-polar, it's due to the long-term effects of his drug use.

Posted by: duhneese | March 1, 2011 2:29 PM | Report abuse

"Christina Aguilera reportedly was arrested in L.A. last night on a charge of public intoxication." -- She was wandering the streets holding a Bud bottle in one hand, an American flag in the other and slurring, "What the heck is a *rampart* anyway?"

"Charlie Sheen says John Stamos does not have what it takes to replace him on 'Two and a Half Men.'" -- What, no talent and a positive XY test result? I'd say he has way more no talent than Charlie.

"Sheen tells 'Today' that the 'goddesses' who live with him don't judge him." -- In response, Meredith Vieira jumped in his lap, whipped out her cell phone, and started dialing quickly while saying, "tell this to my husband."

"Jane Russell ("The Outlaw") has died at the age of 89." -- Best line I heard about this (from Facebook): "RIP. Jane Russell. You will be missed ... cross my heart."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 1, 2011 3:17 PM | Report abuse

"Christina Aguilera reportedly was arrested in L.A. last night on a charge of public intoxication." -- She was found wandering the streets holding a Bud bottle in one hand, an American flag in the other and slurring, "What the heck is a *rampart* anyway?"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | March 1, 2011 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Regarding "Two and One-Half Men," decades ago, Pernell Roberts left "Bonanza" for creative differences and didn't think the show would last without him. He was mistaken. Replacing a lead actor, however it is done ("Adam" went to San Francisco, never to be seen again), no one is indispensable particularly when the show's a money maker.

Stamos could easily replace Sheen. Of course, so could Ted McGinley, who replaced what'shisname as Marcy's husband on "Married with Children." I can see Mr. McGinley as the conniving maternal uncle to Alan and thorn in the side to Evelyn. And they already have Ryan Stiles as Herb, so do they really need Charlie?

Posted by: IndependenceDame | March 2, 2011 12:06 AM | Report abuse