Posted at 8:25 AM ET, 03/ 9/2011

Kate Winslet's new hair look

By Jen Chaney

Academy Award winner Kate Winslet has cut her hair short and colored it platinum blonde, as duly noted on the cover of British Vogue.

Is this an Oscar-worthy look for Winslet? Or should she go back to the long and darker tresses she used to sport?

For the record -- and it's important to go on the record on such earth-shattering matters -- I think she looks great.

(Image via British Vogue)

By Jen Chaney  | March 9, 2011; 8:25 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mike Starr of Alice in Chains and 'Celebrity Rehab' is dead at the age of 44
Next: Video: Sam Rockwell, busting moves

Comments

I think she looks smashing. I reckon it will last as long as she likes it and then we'll see some other look. Wish I could do that...go short, blond, mid length, red head, curly, long, straight...etc. I need a live in stylist.

Posted by: pras40 | March 9, 2011 8:32 AM | Report abuse

She does look good! Also: she looks like Gwen Stefani. I think I prefer her red hair, though.

Posted by: blahblah6b | March 9, 2011 9:42 AM | Report abuse

The Vogue headline says that Kate also has a new body. How 'bout some pix, Jen?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 9, 2011 10:39 AM | Report abuse

As a woman who has had at a minimum 1,001 hairstyles over the past (mmpmph) years, I heartily approve!

Posted by: kbockl | March 9, 2011 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Um, Sas...?

"A performance artist and amateur filmmaker who dressed as [Bigfoot] says New Hampshire park rangers didn't have the right to kick him off a mountain... while friends videotaped his antics." He's suing for "attorneys' fees, nominal damages and to be allowed to videotape" on the mountain without having to get a permit to do so.

Posted by: byoolin1 | March 9, 2011 11:36 AM | Report abuse

She looks great and reminds me that there are some non-train wreck, highly talented actors of my generation. More stories with "good" celebrities please? I'm so tired of the other ones (whose names I will not repeat).

Posted by: kvs09 | March 9, 2011 11:47 AM | Report abuse

And to think that the Courier Museum in Manchester was going to have a special exhibit of Doyle's movies....The nerve of those Ranger (p)Ricks!

New Hampshire's state motto is "Live free or die." Well, I don't plan to pay the fee and I don't plan to die anytime soon. And I don't plan to dine on any kids, either. Kate Winslet is another matter.

I'm offering a New Hampshire a deal. Now hat the Old Man of the Mountain is gone, the sate needs a new symbol for its license plate. I'll allow New Hampshire to use my image....for a suitable license fee.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | March 9, 2011 2:03 PM | Report abuse

So I guess no more morning mix, or mid day mix or any time of the day mix anymore?

LTL is bummed.

However in the good news department, Adolescent lurker and little lurker will be joined in a few months by Tres Lurker...

Posted by: LTL1 | March 9, 2011 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Hey congrats, LTL! Sounds like you're going to be Limited Time Lurker pretty soon. :)

Posted by: northgs | March 9, 2011 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Methinks (with a nod to our own methinks for copyright infringement) you might be right northgs :)...

Posted by: LTL1 | March 9, 2011 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Thanks northgs! I think you may be right

Posted by: LTL1 | March 9, 2011 3:17 PM | Report abuse

sorry for the double post...as you can see I got lazy the second time around :)

Posted by: LTL1 | March 9, 2011 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Sas,

You went and got an attorney without calling me first. Hmmmph. I may go represent those Rangers just for that.

Posted by: epjd | March 9, 2011 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Best wishes for a healthy and problem-free pregnancy, LTL!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 9, 2011 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Winslet's new hair-color doesn't suit her skin tones. Oh well, she'll undoubtedly be changing it soon enough.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | March 9, 2011 4:42 PM | Report abuse