About Channel '08  |  Blog Partner: PrezVid.com  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed  (What's RSS?)

Winning YouTube Strategies

Jeff Jarvis

I'll admit I laughed when she sat down to the webcam for her YouTube Spotlight video asking for help chosing a campaign song. But Hillary Clinton's viral strategy works. Humor (a proxy for humanity), entertainment, and mixing it up with the real people made her videos a hit.

And I rolled my eyes every time I saw Ron Paul popping up everywhere. But judging by the traffic figures below, his strategy -- make lots of videos, have your people make lots of videos, and put them everywhere -- is also working.

The invaluable TechPresident, working with TubeMogul, shows the results for both strategies (go to the site for fully interactive graphics). First, here are the stats for the Democrats' YouTube videos, showing Clinton surging past Obama for the first time:

picture-1.png
Here are stats specific to YouTube's Spotlight feature:
picture-4.png
And here's the picture from the Republican side, showing Ron Paul's hockey stick (note also Giuliani's clueless performance):
picture-2.png
A few lessons from this: * Watch out: The candidates are all going to try to show their funny side. * They'd be wise to mash voters' videos with their own. * Make lots of video. Candidates should be putting up a video of the day so we know to come back and see what they're up to.

By washingtonpost.com Editors |  May 26, 2007; 10:03 AM ET Hillary Rodham Clinton , Ron Paul
Previous: CNN Encourages Other Networks to Follow its Lead | Next: Hillary's Song: New Suggestion

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Thanks for posting those graphs, it's neat to get a visual on the 'viral' thing. Hillary and Dr. Paul sure are making the most of the Internet, that is for sure. Their messages must hit home with the people, it's good to see folks so excited about some candidates.

Posted by: Cutkomp | May 26, 2007 10:30 AM

This article is just another shoot down who we want as president propagande piece.

THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA ARE SIMPLY A PROPAGANDA MACHINE FOR CHENEY WHO WANTS TO INVADE EVERYONE IN THE WORLD THAT HAS OIL!

Cheney's lies supported by the retarded main stream media are well and truly on the nose, thier lies have a really bad STENCH! How many mopre DEAD Americans is the main stream media going to justify so Cheney's stock profits in Halliburton rise? How much more??????

Posted by: George | May 26, 2007 10:34 AM

Ron Paul had no YouTube strategy. He didn't ask us to make videos and post them on YouTube.

What you see is the spontaneous actions of people who are excited and inspired by finally seeing an honest politician who speaks the truth about the war, about the economy, etc. without concern for whether what he says is a winning sound bite or not.

Ron Paul's only strategy is honesty--but that's an alien concept to you DC pundits.

Posted by: Jim Kelly | May 26, 2007 11:00 AM

Dead on, Jim Kelley.

Posted by: Steve | May 26, 2007 11:06 AM

I'm from Quebec and I wish we had a politician like Ron Paul here, the guys speak the truth

The world can change.... Ron Paul in 2008 :)

Posted by: Max | May 26, 2007 11:58 AM

I'm with Jim Kelly

Ron Paul has no YouTube strategy. He gives hope to ordinary people. So they're just doing anything they can, either videos, blogging, or digging, to get his message out.
Ron Paul supporters, democrat, republican, and independents, are actually excited to be supporting this man because he speaks the truth.

Posted by: ghamal | May 26, 2007 12:09 PM

I believe Mr. Jarvis has made a fundamental error in his analysis of Dr. Paul's campaign. There is a large group of people in this country that are tired of the way politicians disregard the Constitution once the are elected. This group has found their candidate - Dr. Ron Paul. He is the only candidate that has an over-riding rule when it comes to decisions - the Constitution of the United States. Once the general public becomes more aware of Dr. Paul's actual positions, instead of how he is being portrayed by the media bigwigs, there will be an overwhelming tidal wave of support for his candidacy.

Posted by: Chris | May 26, 2007 12:37 PM

I'm Kelley and the others.

AND, Mr Jarvis, if you bother to read this, keep this in mind:

You're dismissive attitude towards Ron Paul is part of why his support is growing faster than it is. It's not just you, but the major media in general. You "roll your eyes" at Dr. Paul. Well, take that eye-rolling and multiply it by thousands in your position and it becomes clear.

I'm not asking you to shower Ron Paul with bias and over-coverage. BUT, I would ask that you and others speak frankly about him and others and not taint your responses based on some "in crowd" bias whereby who you are precludes what you say.

We were used to this in high school elections when the class jock got all the positive attention with or without merit while the "geeky" less popular rival got eye-rolling and a murmured "yeah, whatever...that's nice (eye-rolling)". But in the adult world we'd expect a little more. My, my, how things DON'T change.

Posted by: John | May 26, 2007 2:42 PM

CORRECTIONS:

I'm *WITH* Kelley and others

You're dismissive attitude towards Ron Paul is part of why his support is *NOT* growing faster than it is.

No edit function....

Posted by: John | May 26, 2007 2:44 PM

The Internet has created a very different world as far as information warfare is concerned. This current political bout is one that will demonstrate some of the changes that it causes. Ron Paul will have far more success than most anyone will understand until after the phenomena is studied by historians later on.

The corporate media control of information was the weapon used on all of the last elections of this last 60 years or so as the way to remove the small non hand picked candidates from contention. This defensive weapon is like the Maginot Line of France. France was fighting the last war as is the power elite of this age. Like history taught us in that encounter the technology and strategy of the future battle was not understood by the French. They were in essence fighting the last war and that was their failure. The victory by the Germans was faster and different than they could conceive of.

Information warfare is not well understood by the power elite. They barely have a grip on the concept and are not that effective in waging it in cyberspace. Those of us who are Ron Paul's strongest supporters are a lot more knowledgeable than I am sure even Ron is on this particular subject. We are fighting the battle for him in the way that we can. Gorilla information warfare on an electronic battlefield where the targets are the hearts and minds of the voting public is not a war the establishment can win. We are faster more capable and more effective than they are and more certain that if we do not win this war then our very most important gift of our forefathers may be lost to us. I speak of course of the Constitutional Republic that they spilled their blood on the battlefield to secure for us so that we could live free. We can not fail, we must not fail.

Posted by: libertyman | May 26, 2007 3:04 PM

The bullies of the world have two things going for them: violence and a snide, condescending, dimissive attitude. Ron Paul is a courteous gentleman condemning violence, coersion, force. The bullies are deploying their dismissive attitudes in public and trying to force Dr Paul out of the debates or at least arrange the debate protocol so that his message will not be heard. Remember that they are parasites and so they are desparate to maintain their grip on power.

Posted by: JOHN HOWARD | May 26, 2007 3:57 PM

Posted by: JOHN HOWARD | May 26, 2007 3:58 PM

As usual, the bigger news corps talk about Ron Paul's "plan" to be big in the internet world. Wake up...he didn't try to do this. We did this for him.

Posted by: James Holmes | May 26, 2007 4:48 PM

I had never before sent a politician money.
I had never before stood on the street with a homemade sign touting a cause.
I had never before pleaded with friends and family to vote for someone in particular.

I've now done all three to support Ron Paul. I never thought I would ever see an honest, kind hearted, intelligent, caring politician in my lifetime. We better appreciate Dr. Paul while he's still here. We better make him President in 2008.

Posted by: Cameron | May 26, 2007 5:19 PM

Could you please write a column informing me where the Ron Paul sign up group is? I'd sign in a hot second if he had one. Also, how does that work? Apparently you're in a group for Hillary. Pay well?

Posted by: Jeanette Doney | May 26, 2007 6:13 PM

Um... perhaps you Ron Paul fans should learn to be a bit more subtle when collaborating to overwhelm a forum with positive feedback. It is obvious you aren't just a group of individuals all happening to leave feedback, but an organised attempt to make your 2nd rate candidate appear to be super popular...

For such "web savvy" supporters, you really don't have a clue...

Posted by: Tony | May 26, 2007 7:09 PM

So, I just went and watched a couple of Ron Paul videos on You Tube.

As much as I hate to join the bandwagon of organised support... the guy really does tell it how it is!

I CANNOT believe the reporting of the republican debate that talked about Guliani's "moment of anger" about 9/11 as if he had somehow smoked Ron Paul!... Guliani was WEAK and was once again playing his 9/11 card (his only card).

Ladies and gentlemen... I'm getting on the bandwagon. Ron Paul '08!

Posted by: Tony | May 26, 2007 7:28 PM

I hate to break it to you but this is just a bunch of people doing their own thing to support Ron Paul. Sure we are joining emial lists and meetups to talk to each other but unfortunately the actual Ron Paul campaign has not been too organized at all in terms of seeking particular action from his supporters. I imagine once they do, you will know.

Posted by: Travis Pahl | May 26, 2007 8:02 PM

They've never seen anything like us before. They know we don't have millions of campaign dollars so naturally in the minds of the brainwashed sheeple, dirty tricks must be the answer.

NOPE. WE GET BASICALLY NO DIRECTION FROM THE NATIONAL CAMPAIGN.

There are HUNDREDS of other grassroots groups supporting Paul and we have our own network.

LET HISTORY SHOW THAT 2008 WAS THE YEAR WE TOOK BACK OUR NATION!

Posted by: Oyate | May 26, 2007 9:07 PM

Tony:

This isn't organized. Get it through your head. It's thousands of people googling and youtubing Ron Paul all day, every day. Then we each individually post. There is no effort to overwhelm.

I urge you to do some research on Dr. Paul and you might find a candidate you can me just as passionate about as well.

With regards to the article, I agree with the majority of the above posters. There is no strategy, this is the real deal. We are flocking to the internet because the MSM continues to fail.

I know Al Gore invented the internet, but Ron Paul owns it!

Posted by: Colin | May 26, 2007 9:42 PM

Tony:

Haha, didn't realize that next post was you. I guess you already did :). Awesome!

Posted by: Colin | May 26, 2007 9:44 PM

Wow, there are a lot of people like me here who have found a calling to support Ron Paul. Colin (above) describes this movement very well. Mr. Jarvis you are witnessing a new era. Don't be surprised to hear "webroots" replacing "grassroots" very soon.

Posted by: Jake | May 26, 2007 9:53 PM

...informing me where the Ron Paul sign up group is?

Posted by: Terjen | May 26, 2007 11:58 PM

The ironic part here is the Author's stupidity. So far I haven't seen ONE comment about Clinton, but a hell of a lot for Ron Paul. This must be Ron Paul's strategy, give a lot of bad press so people go to his youtube channel and see how biased the media is and listen to freedom ring and resonate his truthful message -- nope that's just media blowback, unexpected consequences haha! You see the mainstream media thinks ignoring Ron Paul or putting him in a negative light is going to smear his campaign. Your just going to get us more upset, more people are going to post comments of praise, then when new readers read this article followed by the comments from the readers which outweigh the author's view, they're going to want to investigate WHY people are saying the Author is wrong, and Ron Paul is a legit candidate -- thus the article in it's self is informing people about the TRUTH of Ron Paul by proxy. This is media blowback. You see, the more you ignore him, the more upset we're gonna be, we're searching for 'Ron Paul' every day to see if the public is being informed correctly, and when you post some negative, biased information about a candidate the mainstream media should be praising, we're going to continue to lead people in the right direction. So roll your eyes at the comments of your fellow readers loser, and change the debate in 08, Ron Paul for president!

Posted by: Lucky225 | May 27, 2007 2:22 AM

Dear 'Professional Journalist':

Be a media dinosaur if you like but the elegant comet just arrived in the sky and truth is heading in your direction.

"I roll my eyes". No-one cares what you do with your eyes when you look at facts. Yes, facts. How about reporting the facts, just the facts ma'am, without reporting your eye movements, your 'gut feelings', your 'impressions', your 'spin' or any of your other bodily reactions and functions? These are not news.

More professional impartial reporting of the facts and less 'entertaining' reports on the location of your eyeballs in discovering those facts would be appreciated by your dwindling audience.

The comet is coming.

Posted by: reddy | May 27, 2007 9:06 AM

Listening to Ron Paul speak for the first time is like having a religious experience. If you're not already an anarcho-capitalist or libertarian or freedom-lover, your life will change.

I suggest you watch one of his videos, Jeff Jarvis, instead of just meta-reporting about his video statistics. Watch one. Give the man one-half hour of your life and you'll understand why the internet is so enthusiastic about Dr. Ron Paul.

Posted by: Michael | May 27, 2007 12:08 PM

Is there any evidence that RP supporters "aren't just a group of individuals all happening to leave feedback"? This is a serious question - I'd like to know if this is true.

Posted by: Frederick | May 27, 2007 12:10 PM

The sad thing is that the main stream media's defacto stance to defend the status quo isn't even a conspiracy, it's just what the bonehead media does.

The established media protects the powerful and they act like the fawning courtiers and hovering sycophants of our age. They are no longer watchdogs for truth, if they ever were...

I can support Ron Paul because his record is clear and he is a man of principles versus a man of sound bites and focus group-think. And, he isn't a populist.

Posted by: Ray Harmon | May 27, 2007 12:36 PM

It's amazing the lines comming out that somehow the internet is "organized" to support Ron Paul.

You guys actually believe this crap? The internet is not some specialized zone dominated by one type of thinking, be it Libertarian, Ron Paul supporters, or I have even read, "a bunch recluses", LOL!

The internet represents a cross section of general humankind, plain and simple, from the ceos of companies all the way down to the guy writing a blog read only by his mother.

However the internet is what I would consider the "leading edge" of information which is available at the speed of light and contains a vast database to pull from. Unlike waiting for a candidate to debate on national tv enough times to be seen by the wide audience and make an impact, all of Ron Paul's beliefs are already available on the internet for the searching. I became a Ron Paul supporter a few years back just by reading that information.

What you are witnessing is a grass roots movement. The gap between online polls and national polls will soon be filled given time. Just as Howard Dean came from nowhere but the internet a message of Iragi withdrawal, to winning the polls ahead of Kerry (I may be mistaken on the poll lead, been a while) so too will all the pundits realize in the near future that Ron Paul is a force to deal with. Hopefully Ron will not be got howling so media guys have something to play over and over again, lol!

Another thing you must understand is that Paul has done very little marketing of himself, its his supporters which have propelled him forward. Think he has steam now? Wait till he really catches on, we are only a month or two into this race!

Ron Paul's support comes from his message. Wait till everyone hears that message. Then we will see how much rolling of eyes will be going on.

Posted by: Kyle Munkittrick | May 27, 2007 12:41 PM

I would like to thank Jeff Jarvis for making Ron Paul's video figures available and for opening this valuable discussion of Paul's Internet "strategy." I have been a huge fan of Ron Paul's for many years -- I voted for him for President in 1988. Myself, I came here not as part of any organized effort, but because I saw a blog mention this article on Paul's Internet success, and I wanted to check it out. I expect most, if not all, Paul supporters here are doing the same. As best as I can tell, the people posting about Ron Paul on the Web are like me: they love the man and his ideas, and they want to get the word out, and the Internet offers them the tools to do so. It is a true Web-roots campaign, not something organized by the campaign.

Posted by: James W. Harris | May 27, 2007 1:17 PM

I don't know how many Ron Paul blogs exist. I find new ones almost every day.
Dr. Paul has been overwhelmed with support since the second debate. His tiny staff is struggling to keep up with us. We receive precious little word from them, probably because we're doing a bang-up job already. I know nobody told me to post a comment here or anywhere else. It's just what happens when informed people read.

Posted by: Sam Marsh | May 27, 2007 2:02 PM

The comments of all the Ron Paul supporters are directly in line with the way I think about this wonderful patriot. I am part of no organized campaign. I just wake up in the morning and the first thing I think about is how dear ole' Dr. Paul is doing. I do my searches and watch and read anything new about the man who I believe is the last hope for my country. I call my friends and family to try to get them to meet freedom's wonderful opportunity. A lot of them are now in the know and Ron's following is growing exponentially and organically.

Posted by: Justin P. | May 27, 2007 2:03 PM

Dear Mr. Jarvis,
Thank you very much for your information regarding Ron Paul & Hillary Clinton and their respective web stats. With the internet's ultra-fast response time, it's fascinating to see how marketing 'accidents', as well as deliberate marketing strategies play out for the candidates.
Re: Ron Paul - I too am very piqued by what's happening. I enjoy viewing and interpreting human events from what I call a human development/level of consciousness perspective. In other words, I see increasing personal human development as a progression toward more and more maturity, simple honesty and loving kindness for everyone.
With that perspective in mind, I watch as political candidates do their dance. Out of 18 or so current presidential contenders, only Ron Paul has the naturally evolved attributes of a mature adult human being: honest, rational, kind, respectful and peace-loving. Clearly this is an astonishing, unheard-of, wonderful quality not seen in any political candidate in my lifetime!
I believe this is what is naturally and spontaneously attracting legions of people to his words: it is his attitude of genuineness, integrity and candid honesty; i.e., real maturity. Like attracts like, and apparently his advocates deeply resonate with him for these reasons.

Posted by: TheClearLife | May 27, 2007 2:10 PM

Jim Kelly keeps getting mentioned. It's like he's the Ron Paul of the comments section of this peice.

Posted by: Steve | May 27, 2007 2:47 PM

"Organized libertarians taking direction from a central authority? That's funny stuff. Ron Paul is a cat-herding wizard who can make individualists march in step with his magical elfin eyes."

HAHA! Exactly. I find it so odd that some internet polls are intentionally leaving Paul out of the choices. It's an internet poll! People are mad that taking the "pulse" of the internet results in Paul demolishing his opponents? Why have an internet poll to begin with then??

I particularly found it funny seeing an MSNBC listing of who they think will win. Paul is dead last, with the lines "Please stop emailing us. Thanks."

Does this make sense? That overwhelming support for a candidate is shunned at election time? Weird world we are living in!

And no, no one told me to post this comment. Like others here, I take extreme interest in getting Paul elected. Therefore I naturally seek an outlet to express that support, DUH :)

If only the other candidates had such support (odd that they don't, lol), there may be a bit less eye rolling!

I do applaud Jeff for the posting of this piece, though being a little tough on the eye rolling comment, thanks Jeff!

Posted by: Kyle Munkittrick | May 27, 2007 3:16 PM

Since these air heads in Washington and the media seem to only understand something if it has to do with money, let's start showing our support to Congressman Paul's efforts my giving money. His campaign contributions spiked with $100G's coming in the day following the debate. Let's show the world that Ron Paul has SERIOUS supporters, and we're not here to 'entertain' the world with our passion. We're here to CHANGE government with our passion. REMEMBER, WE...THE PEOPLE.

Posted by: MI For Ron Paul | May 27, 2007 3:59 PM

no one told me to post here - I just check out new ron paul "news" everyday since I want to know all I can about the man. I didn't even know about ron paul until I was watching the debates. when I heard him speak, I went online to find out more about him. talk about revelation! there is no one more honest and right for this country. I've never sent money to a candidate before, but did send to ron paul. this is really something special...without any real support or direction from his campaign. it's amazing!

Posted by: no representation | May 27, 2007 4:13 PM

I volunteer for the campaign in NH and believe me there is no top down organization or spamming of the internet.

This is for real support and it's strong.

Most people who support Paul don't find anyone else even acceptable!

Posted by: NH | May 27, 2007 4:34 PM

I am a 55 year old male, living in southwest Missouri, and I am the ringleader of the entire effort to propel Ron Paul to national prominence on the internet. I send daily orders to my minions, via email, telephone and telepathic messaging, instructing them to post pro-RP messages everywhere on the net, and to write Ron Paul's name on every turtle crossing the road, and every federal reserve note they come in contact with.

Yes, I am the Supreme Ruler of Ron Pauldom, and I direct the mind-controlled legions to deceive and overwhelm the masses. Damn the mainstream media for uncovering my plan.

I also lie.

Ron Paul doesn't.

Viva la Revolution!

Posted by: Ira J. Madsen | May 27, 2007 5:51 PM

It should also be noted that the counters on youtube seem to be a bit broken.

Posted by: me | May 27, 2007 6:52 PM

The fact that online activity (forums, blogs, straw-poll surveys) around Ron Paul is much higher than the land-line phone polls would lead one to expect is an indication of a correlation between intelligence and support for Ron Paul's message.

Internet activity surrounding this candidate is exploding precisely because his message is resonating with *individuals*. No organization is necessary.

Thanks to Dr. Paul, we understand that the way to curtail the cancerous growth and abuses perpetrated by government upon US citizens and foreigners is to return the Federal Government to constitutionally authorized scope.

We talk to our friends, neighbors and coworkers. We contribute money as individuals. We download and share articles, interviews and videos with our friends.

The founders of this nation understood that an informed and engaged citizenry is necessary to preserve our freedoms (economic and personal). Now the citizens of the United States of America are beginning to understand that too.

Posted by: CowBot | May 27, 2007 7:28 PM

Ron Paul is the only politician in the USA who will stand up to the ruling crass in the best interests of the people. He is against the war, against the UN which is eroding our sovereignty, and agains the federal reserve which is manipulating our monetary system. All he has ever done is speak truth and supported it and people are responding because we are tired of being lied to, manipulated, and told what to think.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 27, 2007 7:37 PM

Ron Paul has the main skill required to be president :

HONESTY.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 27, 2007 7:38 PM

Incredible. So Clinton's very expensive Youtube paid sponsorship campaign barely scratched Ron Paul's unintended supporters' campaign. you forgot to mention that Hillary paid for her video views, so I thought i might throw that in there.

He didn't pay a dime to Youtube, he didn't have to ask anything of anyone nor did he expect it, but he won and will continue to win.

Posted by: Eli | May 27, 2007 8:01 PM

GO RON PAUL! GO RON PAUL! RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2008! GOD BLESS RON PAUL!

Posted by: Chris Lawton | May 27, 2007 9:21 PM

Ron's message is universal to all Americans, and it is basically this simple:

He's a real guy who is smart enough to address problems that other pols never even mention.

Because he's real, he stands out like a halogen lamp against the bought and paid for slick and slimy so-called 'top tier' pols we've endured forever.

Help me out here...are those graphs tracking only Ron's you tube site, or every RP You Tube video? The language is confusing to me and the chart legend says RonPaul2008.com

Wait 'til after the NH debate. It will become exponential in spilling into the streets.

BTW, I followed a link from RP's site's link to digg because I read most everything about my candidate...doesn't everyone?

Posted by: Dave | May 27, 2007 9:42 PM

Well, I guess I'll add my voice to what I see above.
I'm one more of Ron Paul's disorganized supporters.
The thing the author of this article does not understand is that many of us, from every state in the union, have been following Ron's career for years. We have read his books, read his MANY articles on lewrockwell.com, etc. We have known the man for decades and have been waiting for him to run.
Now that he is running we will not stop until he is elected.
Get used to it...this is just the beginning.

Posted by: Mike Wagner | May 27, 2007 9:52 PM

It does my heart good to see all the positive posts about Dr. Paul. He's such an amazing man, and the only good choice for president in this election cycle. If he wins, the US will change dramatically- for the better!

Posted by: Dale Fitz | May 27, 2007 11:18 PM

This IS interesting. All of the comments will be automatically disregarded. Pollsters will continue to detect "no" support for Ron Paul in their samples. If the corporate media were contemptutous of billionaire Ross Perot, as they were (although even after their demolition of him, his support was enought to tip the 1992 election to Clinton)---then their disdain for Ron Paul will continue to be simply off the scale.

We saw this in Minnesota in 1998 when Jesse Ventura ran for Governor. But we still have honest elections here, and when the votes were counted, the people won and the pundits lost!

I liked Ventura, mostly. Disliked Perot, a lot. And though I disagree with Ron Paul on some important issues, I am cheering him on because he DOES believe in the Constitution (unlike Bush, Cheney, Gonzales); and because Ron Paul's supporters believe in America. There's plenty of time for a tide to build!

I remember Dec. 1967 when Gene McCarthy declared his candidacy against LBJ. Most media experts didn't even bother to mention it. You guys are worse than "television meteorologists."

Posted by: O. W. Steinberg | May 28, 2007 2:50 AM

Paul's following is entirely organic. No one has ever contacted me about organizing. I just do because this guy makes me believe again.

Posted by: Travis E. Page | May 28, 2007 4:19 AM

If I do not see Ron Paul on the ticket I will NOT vote for anyone. I am a longstandig Republican but have had it with our politcal system. I have sent $, please consider any amount.

Posted by: Ralph O'Brien | May 28, 2007 9:26 AM

No one had to organize me to act. The US needs Ron Paul. Contribute what you can - remember that the media darlings have lots of $$ to fight back with. Try to give Ron Paul some financial ammunition as well. If he gets a chance to get his message out, the others haven't got a hope.

Just win, baby.

Posted by: Rico Suave | May 28, 2007 1:10 PM

Dear "Journalist",

Roll you eyes as you wish but I'll give you a hint to better understand the facts behind Ron Paul's support. It is NOT an organized strategy, it is only a grassroots movement of people dedicated to regain their freedom and restore the Constitutional Republic. It happens on the Internet because the Internet is the last free medium of exchanging ideas. All the major "news" corporation are either owned by or under ideological pressure from the neocon gang, democrats and republican alike, that simply hate the concept of "individual freedom", therefore a truth-telling candidate like Ron Paul that only wants to take the coercive state out of our lives will always be met with "rolling eyes" and dismissed by the mainstream media. The Straussian neocons just hate this Internet phenomenon but be assured that if they keep the power in '08 this Internet freedom, the last democratic tool we have, will be taken from us in an instant. Then you will not have to "roll you eyes" anymore.

Posted by: lifeasariver | May 29, 2007 12:43 PM

This Washington Post page (VID partnership) seems like a good concept.

Posted by: Alex Hammer | May 29, 2007 5:22 PM

I've been following Ron Paul for a number of years now... and I am a Canadian. I urge every American (and Canadian) to take a really close look at what Ron Paul stands for because so much of it is common sense, yet the ramifications are HUGE for both America and the world, due to America's incredible influence on global events. If you believe that individuals should take responsibility for themselves, then you will vote Ron Paul. If you belive that the government should take care of you, you will definitely not vote Ron Paul. If you beleive that America should police the world and interfere with the internal affairs with foreign nations, you will not vote Ron Paul. If you believe America should have a strong military, yet instead engage in foreign trade without interfering with foreigner's affairs, you will vote Ron Paul. We (individuals, companies, governments) are so used to borrowing to get what we want NOW, that we are in a big pickle. When personal/government debt reaches unmanageable levels, guess what happens? The borrower is servant to the lender. Have you ever had a loan or margin called against you? Have you ever had to face a personal or business bankruptcy? Imangine an entire nation going through that kind of experience. Americans can either get hammered HARD in facing this reality suddenly, perhaps one day soon, and suffer the dire consequences in a relative state of chaos, or swallow the hard pill now and vote for a man like Dr. Ron Paul who has the cure, and can apply it in a measured manner. As he will tell you, America has a condition, and the current unchecked prognosis is not good. Under his "doctor's orders" the recovery will be hard at times. But compared to hitting the brick wall unchecked, and trying to pick up the pieces from there, Dr. Paul's treatment of America will be a true Godsend.

Posted by: Derek S. | May 30, 2007 12:15 PM

Listen up all you excited Ron Paul bloggers. Where the rubber meets the road is when the votes are counted after the Republican primary. So, make sure you are registered Republican (you can change the day after the election to whatever, if you don't want to be Republican). All this blog talk will be for nothing if you don't vote. Better yet - get involved locally to help get Ron on the ballot in your state. We can make this the election that shakes the world!

Posted by: Pat Sellers | June 3, 2007 7:02 AM

It's funny that you pundits say we are passionate about Ron Paul. There is no other candidate that is worth being passionate about because no one else is smart, honest, and principled like Ron Paul.

Ron Paul is the second coming of Thomas Jefferson, what is not to be passionate about him?

Posted by: Mike | June 6, 2007 7:02 PM

I am a female and a veteran, and not a very political person. I saw Ron Paul for the first time on the Colbert Report, I thought he was interesting, because integrity is such a rarity now, so I did more research. I am very disenchanted with the dirty money and the filthy politics of this age, which is why I decided against Hillary (even though she is a woman). She and the other candidates reek of corporate interest.
For the first time in my life I am actually excited about the political process after observing Dr. Ron Paul. I actually printed out the constitution and read it.
I think of an America with Dr. Ron Paul at the helm, actually following the true purpose of the president as laid out by the constitution, and I feel the possibility of America actually being worthy of the sacrifice that our solders are asked to make. It sends shivers up my spine, the good kind. I have a feeling that our soldiers would not be sent to die for economic profit by an integrity bound man, such as Ron Paul.
I am also hopeful regarding the effect a President Ron Paul would have on local sustainable economies.
I do wish the main stream media would stop insulting the intelligence of every day Americans by reporting about Hollywood tripe, and report real news. The really real kind. Any one heard about the NAFTA superhighway? Should really improve the environment...&*$%#! Omission is the greatest form of deception, it seems like there are few things 'our' media has left out, like the American People.

Posted by: Rene | June 22, 2007 2:32 PM

I'm new here, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Posted by: HeliaRigmaRib | August 15, 2008 10:48 AM