About Channel '08  |  Blog Partner: PrezVid.com  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed  (What's RSS?)

CNN/YouTube Debate: The Best of The Questions So Far

Jeff Jarvis

I've just watched all the early submissions of voter questions for candidates in the CNN/YouTube Democrats' debate. The interesting ones.

You can submit a question to be considered for the July 23rd debate here.

The best question I've seen: Eddy wants to know what the candidates will do in the aftermath of withdrawl from Iraq. How will they prevent ethnic cleansing and civil war?

A related question here.

Jeremiah asks Clinton how she will change the mindset of young American women so we don't end up with a nation of Paris Hiltons:

Staks, a man after my own First Amendment heart, wants to know whether the candidates will stand up for free speech against FCC censorship:

Eric, a kid with braces and an unmade bed, wants to know whether the candidates would pardon George Bush if he were tried and convicted:

She's a legal immigrant and she's pissed that in giving citizenship to illegals we are giving a bad lesson to the young about the rule of law:

Scott from Tulsa wants to know when there will be gay rights:

Vlogger The Resident wants to know what they'll do about climate change. The first of many, no doubt:

Sean wants to know whether they'll back nuclear power:

This young woman is worried about the economy and her future:

Matthew wants to know how Clinton will protect us from the avarice of the military-industrial complex:

A mom from West Virginia wants the candidates to say something nice about each other. Group hug.

Ben wants to know what our place in the world should be:

By Ed O'Keefe |  June 18, 2007; 11:21 AM ET Debates
Previous: Obama Crush ... With Eyeliner | Next: Clinton's Sopranos Redux

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

I hope that question about the military industrial complex is asked by Mathew. Great question and references history that the American people should know.

Posted by: Aaron | June 19, 2007 1:49 AM

Posted by: Aaron | June 19, 2007 1:49 AM

Those may be the BEST questions that YouTube users asked. But here's the WORST!

Posted by: Destiny Land | June 20, 2007 8:22 PM

I just saw this off the links on my video, GROUP HUG!!! OMG! As if I think just have to have them state something nice about one other person would be a HUGE challenge in itself sadly enough and feel it would be a cold day in he** if it actually happened.

Truth be told my video is DEAD ON RIGHT, how the heck am I supposed to answer to my children on the actions of these individuals running for President for the sake of God when these very people are on TV and Radio bashing each other, I never thought this question would be one with so much meaning as it is which it brings you to the basics 1st being RESPECT, here we have adults that act out upon one another and as a Mom how the hell do I explain that to my children...? Just like I did, because this is one question which has me stumped and I can not lie to my kids to justify the acts of ANYONE and NEVER WILL. I hope they can answer for the sake of my children and other children out there.

Posted by: CEO Newbievids :Michelle (MOM from West Virginia) | June 21, 2007 12:33 AM

Go Newbievids!!! Glad to see you on here girl!

Posted by: Garrison628 | June 21, 2007 6:17 PM

Unfortunately, this list is a few days old and, as I posted on PrezVid.com, all of the questions above will simply allow the candidates to replay their stump speeches. That would probably make the WaPo happy, but that's going to advance the debate.

Contrast the questions above with my effort:

That's a specific question about a policy Hillary supports, and if she doesn't answer the question you'll know it. It's probably not a question she's going to appreciate being asked, which is what we should be striving for.

This guy has some serious questions as well:

youtube.com/profile?user=Roger1776

Posted by: LonewackoDotCom | June 21, 2007 8:50 PM

Posted by: CNNfan | June 21, 2007 9:16 PM

Please help me win a Banana Grove or 25 thousand cash deadline tonight 12 p.m. EST.
This is it deadline is midnight tonight please take time out to vote for me will much appreciate it!

Thanks email your friends and buds & repost for me since I am a newbie with only few....peep

Thank you!

Michelle

Posted by: Michelle | June 22, 2007 4:14 PM

OUR VIDEO WAS JUST ON CNN NEWS TO ME AT 12:30 EST! YAY!
Watch the show CNN at 3:30 it was this video here:

Thanks and have a nice day! Michelle

Posted by: MICHELLE! NEWBIEVIDS.COM | June 23, 2007 1:04 PM

I see that my video is linked to here from YouTube but cannot seem to find it on your site no matter. :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7IRWT9tPw

Posted by: Charmaine | June 25, 2007 1:40 AM

urpydsbzm vpcoktd gymsp wnvuit xnvbh fglorzibh uqdfnajxz

Posted by: mxta rkohnwjb | July 10, 2007 12:40 PM