About Channel '08  |  Blog Partner: PrezVid.com  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed  (What's RSS?)

Obama's 'Candor' in New Ad

Barack Obama lost the contest for the Des Moines Register endorsement to Hillary Clinton so his new ad quotes from a different section of the paper.

"Candor" is a 30-second spot that cites the Register columnist David Yepsen who credits Obama for having "refreshing" candor and "scrupulous honesty."

-- Ed O'Keefe

By Ed O'Keefe |  December 18, 2007; 2:00 PM ET Ad Watch , Barack Obama
Previous: Bipartisan Hillary | Next: New Ads From Clinton, Richardson, Romney

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

You know, I am not a political gamer. I am just your average American, who has a small child and married. Maybe its because I am getting older or maybe its because I have a family, that all of a sudden my eyes are wide open to other things other than a frappaccino and shoe sales. In the last 6-7 years I started to really pay attention to how government and my President affects me and the people around me. I will give Bish that he didnt ask for 9-11-no one did. I think Bush's failure was Iraq and when we were there, we pulled out too soon leaving the troops behind vulberable. Now we have oil issues and problems with N. Korea and Russia. I work for the federal govt and under Bush, workers are getting a raw deal especially DoD employees. So now I ask myself over and over, "What is going on around me?!" It seems like everything is going dim in our country, at work, and around the world. Now enter Presidential elections. Well..I can honestly say that I think the Republican Party has played its last hand for quite awhile. I think Americans are sick of the old politics, whether democratic or repub. I plan on voting democrat (changed parties last year) and was torn between Clinton and Barrack. Today, it finally hit me. Hillary is just too old politics. She comes from a time including today, that politicians like dancing with the devil (this includes oil companies, utillity co., etc). If you arent in bed with a company, you are being literally caught in bed with someone. I am over that old politician. I want someone new and refreshing that doesnt have strings attached to companies-a favor for money. I think I am voting Obama-he isnt so tainted as Hillary and all of the rest of the old gang of dirty doers-actually I think he may be fairly squeaky clean-ahhhh sounds nice.

Posted by: Lisa L | December 18, 2007 2:56 PM

I have no illusions that Obama's squeaky clean, but one gets the sense that when he speaks he says what he means, as opposed to what will get him elected. That in itself points to a person being a leader rather than a politician - something this country's been without for a very long time.

Posted by: BABucher | December 18, 2007 3:34 PM

2008 Presidential Election Weekly Poll

The Only Poll That Matters.
Results Posted Every Tuesday Evening.

Posted by: votenic | December 18, 2007 4:45 PM

He 'urged' Wall Street to help the middle class? What does that mean--he made a speech to Wall Street to stop being so greedy? Did Wall Street change because he 'urged' them?

Clinton talks about a bill she passed with Republican support to get health care for the national guard. Romney talks about decisions he made on crime as governor. All Obama says is he 'urged' Wall Street to go against their self-interest. Edwards is right on the money on Obama - Wall Street is not going to give up their power just because Obama makes a speech 'urging' them to change.

Posted by: Canaan | December 18, 2007 9:23 PM

Well, I dont know much about Wall St's power. I think for me, it comes right down to just being sick and tired of the old political ways. I am part of the 40's crowd and our time has come to create the changes we want now and for the future. I think sending a message to the old politicians that it is no longer "cool" to dance with the devil is a paramount. There are so many issues to deal with domestically and internationally, I tell ya, I ask myself ( I seem to talk to myself a lot these days), after all the mess repubs have made in the last 2 terms, where does the next president start? There are so many fires to put out. Whomever we vote in, can this person handle the fires without p'ing off any more countries, can they fix our domestic woes? I think it would be unrealistic for us to think that in 4 yrs the next president can fix it all-after all, it took 8 yrs to get where we are today. So many things to ponder..

Posted by: Lisa L | December 19, 2007 5:05 AM