About Channel '08  |  Blog Partner: PrezVid.com  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed  (What's RSS?)

Clinton On The Air in Pennsylvania

With exactly four weeks until the Pennsylvania Primary, Hillary Clinton has started airing TV ads in the state. Clinton's ad launch comes just days after a weekend ad blitz by Barack Obama. Clinton's "Level" message is focused on her economic proposals:

A similar version of this ad in Texas, and Mississippi.

-- Ed O'Keefe

By Ed O'Keefe |  March 25, 2008; 11:21 AM ET Hillary Rodham Clinton
Previous: Clinton Fact-Checks Obama | Next: Congressional Candidates, Generals Unite to Present Iraq Exit Plans

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Did you guys hear about what this treacherous woman, Hillary said to the Philadelphia Daily News ? She told the press about her plans to steal the nomination from Obama. Yes, you heard it right! Having done the maths and having realised, even with their bird-brains, that it is impossible to win the nomination in an legitimate way, they are now saying its not just superdelegates who can choose to support whoever they want to, but also the pledged delegates. This woman has not figured out the semantic differnce between 'super' and 'pledged' due to her shallow, power obsessed brain which has no room for anything sane. They are called pledged precisly because they are pledged to support the nominee for whom their voters cast their votes. The woman and her cronies should be tried for their conspiracy to overturn democracy. The leaders of Democratic party, expect the second civil war if you are so gutless enough to be dragged into this mud by the Clintons, and this time, it won't be just black v white. It will be between the absolutely corrupt v the upright citizens of the US. It's time you stood up.

Posted by: NotoHillary | March 25, 2008 12:42 PM

My god, she is dangerous to the point of utter self-destruction. A spectacular example of an absolutely corrupt mind. She makes George Bush appear sane and law-abiding by comparison!

Posted by: Anonymous | March 25, 2008 12:47 PM

Re: On the "Level"

From "Head of State"

"Monday, March 24, 2008
I Misspoke

It was a treacherous night landing. Ice had formed on both of our wings, and as I looked out the port window, I could see it breaking into shards, flying off into the night sky with each near barrel roll of our C-50, highlighted by the flares shooting past on either side of the cabin, turning them into falling prisms of wildly careening light.

As the cabin lurched back and forth and the sounds of rocket fire percussed the urgent, faltering rhythm of our right engine, I unfastened my seat belt, and, finding my center of gravity, rose from my seat, moving past aides frozen stock still in their chairs, arms locked like girders against their arm rests in terror, and walked up the center aisle to the pilot's cabin.

"How long to Kosovo"? I shouted over the screaming whine of the altimeter's alarm, marking our steep descent. The pilot turned, looked at me in shocked recognition--"How...how did you make it up here? No one has ever walked up here in these conditions before! How..."

"Never mind that!" I barked, with what I hoped was a not too stern forcefulness, combined with sufficient steel and empathy to create the appearance of a firm imperturbability. "Check the master FMC! Is it working or has it failed?"

The pilot, paused, as if in amazement at my readiness, and then himself awakening to crisis, looked to the Control Display Unit . "It's down! It's down!" he shouted. A bead of sweat began to form on his brow.

I knew what I had to do. "Get out of there!" I commanded, and pulled him from the seat, from where he crumbled to a fetal position on the floor behind me. Stepping over him, I took the chair behind the console.

"Check the Central Maintenance Computers and activate the NAV RAD for alternate radio tuning capability!" I shouted to the co-pilot. He, too, had broken down in tears, his head buried in his hands. I looked to his ID on the console. Another newbie.

Well, this was another one where I would have to go it alone.

Quickly, I tore the scarf from my neck and fashioned it into a crude lasso that could be used for EFIS/EICIS control. Catching the lever with my right hand, I activated the cabin loudspeaker with my left. I knew that the passengers had likely been gulled by the earlier soft patter of the pilot. "Brace yourself! Get ready! These aren't just words!" Then I pulled the lever back hard, sending us rocketing towards the runway.

"You'll never make it!" I knew that voice, and turned. Richardson! How did he trundle up to the cabin? "Out of here, Judas! And take that quivering beard with you!"

I could feel bolts straining against Pennsylvania steel as I pushed the '50 down, down, down to the ground below us. Suddenly, an explosion punctuated the sky--Hand held rocket fire at 3' o'clock!

I quickly performed the evasive maneuvers that I had learned for so long, and so well. My face became angry, then sad, then gentle, then intensely serious, then was finally rocked by a powerful squealing, an unnatural burst of laughter. That did it! The rocket exploded harmlessly behind us.

Now. Now it was time to take the stick and bring this shaking, careening flight, parts straining against themselves until nearly ready to burst, down to the ground. I put my arms to the twin arms of the FO-AP, set the APC, and with all of the strength remaining in me, began to push the levers down. Straining, I pushed harder. And harder. I could see the runway rising before us in the glare shield. I would have to find the remaining strength to bring it down.

Finally, as if a burst of superhuman might had been somehow delegated to me, I pushed the levers into locked position. I could hear Penn in the cabin shouting "We're landing...We're going down!" as I felt the rough shock of the landing gear snapping into place.

Sparks flew as we hit the runway, bullets ricocheting off of the cabin, one wheel touching pavement. I looked straight through the windshield--the militia, arms at the ready stood at the runway's end. The last obstacle.

I turned the craft hard, sending it hurtling sideways across the pavement. It swept the militia away in a single screaming motion that combined with the screaming that arose from the cabin, as we continued to move towards the small, makeshift terminal, where the dignitaries, negotiators, and heads of state awaited for my arrival.

I did not close my eyes. I did not let go of the wheel. I watched--as we ground to a halt just before the doors of the terminal.

I looked fore, at the dignitaries protecting themselves from the sniper fire that raged around them. I looked aft, at the passengers, shaken but safe.

We had arrived. All was good.

Just a moment...

Due to the discovery of a video of the above described occasion, I would like to make few small corrections. The flight was in fact actually a regularly scheduled chartered flight that was actually flown by the pilot and co-pilot--although the pilot did have a cold, and during the flight, I did at several times give serious attention to our flight conditions (notes indicate that I found it "a bit bumpy"). I would also note that the dinner, Salmon with Creamed Potatoes, was undercooked, and was served with a Riesling that was unusually dry. It is also true that we were met not by a militia, but by a girl's youth soccer team. However, it was necessary for me to dodge a soccer ball as team members demonstrated their often aggressive skills. No other shots were fired.

In short: I misspoke."

Cite:
Head of State

Posted by: Robert Hewson | March 25, 2008 12:49 PM

Why do the Sen. Obama followers always sound so hateful? Could they be following the teachings of Rev. Wright?

Posted by: justcolours | March 25, 2008 1:43 PM

Agree with the previous post, Obama's supporters by and large on these posts do write very hatefully. Ironic considering Obama's own message of peace and unity despite differences.

I voted Clinton in VA primary, but all along have been fine with Obama if he gets the nomination.

Of late I am changing my mind though, getting tired of endless nonsense from diehard Obama supporters who seem to forget that these two are pretty much tied, his lead is not by that much really.

She has generated a lot of support/energy as well and frankly Obama will need Hillary suppporters in the fall if he is the nominee. Just a thought.

Posted by: ams40 | March 25, 2008 2:43 PM

Posted by: ams40 | March 25, 2008 2:43 PM

Richardson and Obama both traitors? One stubed the person in the back who helped him to where he is and one a traitor to this country? What is his business running for president if his own wife says, it's only now in her adult life that she is proud of America? If these two will run together, put your seat belt on, America.

Posted by: jean | March 25, 2008 3:41 PM

Posted by: jean | March 25, 2008 3:41 PM

Hillary Clinton is the best choice for president. BO has ruined his chances in the general election and there is no point to support him. It is not about the preacher but it is about the lies. He lied about Rezko and he lied about the preacher and who knows what else will be revealed. The press just finally started looking at him and he's already been proven to be a hypocrit. Vote for Hillary Clinton.

Posted by: Tobias | March 25, 2008 4:51 PM

Has everyone filed their Federal Taxes?

Posted by: Anonymous | March 25, 2008 5:05 PM

I think we may have finally figured out Hillary's problem with telling the truth. In a radio interview with a Pittsburg radio station, Politico.com repeats Hillary's justification for her telling the untruth about coming under sniper fire in Bosnia.

According to Hillary, her statement of untruth occurred because: "Occasionally, I am a human being like everybody else."

Now, since most of us are human beings all of the time, and Hillary is only "occasionally" a human being, then what is Hillary implying she is most of the time? Whatever she is, we don't want it.

Posted by: NewEra | March 25, 2008 7:00 PM

Americans, come to your senses. Hillary Clinton is your best bet for president, especially at this crucial time of economic slowdown!

Posted by: fil | March 25, 2008 7:23 PM

I can't believe that Clinton supporters are calling Obama supporters hateful! I've read these forums, and I've heard him called a drug user, a Muslim, and countless other things which are not true. When people catch Hillary in a lie, that is not the moral equivalent of name calling! Mrs. Clinton is behind in delegates and the popular vote. Barring a complete meltdown, it is likely to remain this way. Her ceaseless attacks on Barack Obama while insisting that criticism of her is unfair tells the story.

I'd rather go with Obama's inexperience than Hillary's bad behavior. I'd prefer a chance for change to politics as usual. If Hillary Clinton does get the nomination, she will have done it by mudslinging and backroom political maneuvers. Obama supporters would be right to abandon her for behaving that way.

Posted by: The Truth Hurts! | March 26, 2008 3:06 PM

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE "CHANGE" OR A "DIFFERENT" KIND OF CANDIDATE?:

THE PUPPETTEERS:

KERRY
KENNEDY
DODD
DASCHEL
BRADLEY
LEAHY
JUDAS

THE HUGGY WUGGY LIBERAL DC BOYS CLUB OF WHITE HAIRED TROLLS !!

THESE GUYS "OWN" OBAMA

ONE MINUTE THEY SAID HE APPROACHED THEM.

THEN OBAMA SAID IN AN INTERVIE (IT'S ON YOUTUBE) THAT THESE GUYS ASKED HIM TO RUN

THEY ALL DISLIKE HILLARY BECAUSE SHE IS A STRONG WOMAN WHO WOULDN'T PLAY DC GAMES.

THEY ARE THREATENED BY HILLARY'S BRAINS AND ABILITY TO JUST SAY NO TO IRRESPONSIBLE SPENDING

BUT OBAMA IS THEIR BOY - HE'LL DO ANYTHING THEY ASK BECASUE HE HASN'T GOT A CLUE

OBAMA HAS NEVER DONE ONE THING ON HIS OWN.

Obama's preacher is totaly as disturbing as his incompetence.

God Damn America. In a church ! Ranting, raving and asking people to chant it with him?
God Damn America while 3,000 innocent victims were still being searched for in the rubble at Ground Zero.?
And Obama still associates with him and calls him FAMILY. Still went to that church for TWENTY YEARS?
Mr. Obama sat, sang, swayed and clapped to that rabid racist - and now thinks he has a right to be President.
THAT'S AUDACITY.
No one planted Obama in that audience. He came in, sat down and stayed for Twenty Years. Still sitting there. The rabid racist is still "family". Oh yeah. That's Audacity.

Chelsea should do what Obama does constatly - REFUSE to answer, turn your back on reporters - and get away with it.
God Bless America.

JUST SAY NO TO OBAMA'S AUDACITY.

Posted by: ObamiTrolls | March 26, 2008 3:43 PM

DOES THIS LOOK LIKE "CHANGE" OR A "DIFFERENT" KIND OF CANDIDATE?:

THE PUPPETTEERS:

KERRY
KENNEDY
DODD
DASCHEL
BRADLEY
LEAHY
JUDAS

THE HUGGY WUGGY LIBERAL DC BOYS CLUB OF WHITE HAIRED TROLLS !!

Obama's preacher is totaly as disturbing as his incompetence.

THAT'S AUDACITY.

God Bless America.

JUST SAY NO TO OBAMA'S AUDACITY.

Posted by: Todd | March 26, 2008 3:44 PM

Once again another UNINFORMED Hillary supporter who doesn't care to do their research! You would blindly follow the Clinton's into hell if it meant that Obama wouldn't get the nomination!!!

Even Hillary's former pastor disagrees with the way she used the Rev.Wright controversy

OH! Why hasn't the main stream media touched Hillary on her religious faith? Conspiracy???

Posted by: Michele | March 27, 2008 9:29 AM

Video Disputes "Black Separatist" Tag On Obama's Church

Posted by: Torres | March 27, 2008 9:32 AM

Let me educate the ill informed, since you don't know how to think on your own.

The full story behind Rev. Jeremiah Wright's 9/11 sermon!

Posted by: Tanya | March 27, 2008 9:38 AM

2008 Presidential Election Weekly Poll
Last Week's Results Just Posted!
New Video "America The Beautiful" Piano.
Vote Weekly!!!