About Channel '08  |  Blog Partner: PrezVid.com  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed  (What's RSS?)

Obama On The Air in Pennsylvania

Barack Obama is airing two radio ads in different parts of Pennsylvania, hoping to convince college students, Republicans, and independent voters to register ahead of the state's March 24 voter registration deadline.

The first ad is aimed at college students:

The second ad is aimed at Republicans and independents:

In response to Obama's ad buy, Bill Clinton sent his wife's supporters an e-mail on Tuesday asking for donations so the campaign can go on the air in Pennsylvania.

-- Ed O'Keefe

By Ed O'Keefe |  March 19, 2008; 12:53 PM ET Barack Obama
Previous: Democrats Tie McCain to Bush (Again) | Next: Flashback: Does Michigan Matter to Clinton?

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

There is a real BIG difference between the two candidates, Barack Obama's supporters come from all age groups, race and gender, by working together they see we can make CHANGE! first time voters, voters who have never donated to a political campaign before, donating £$,$10,$20

While Hilary has the backing of The Dynasty, the smoke filled rooms who make decisions in private and the lobbyists who support her for? - Bill and his email? it was also announced he is running a fund raiser for Hilary, you can have a photo with Bill and attend a reception just for $2,300 - is that for the people & voters who can't afford health care, those who have to do two jobs to survive, No I think it is for the chosen few.

Yes a Big Difference but Together we can bring about the CHANGE be part of it Pennsylvania!

Posted by: jaybs1 | March 19, 2008 2:25 PM

Posted by: jaybs1 | March 19, 2008 2:25 PM

It is truly time for the real change to take place now. We must continue support Senator Obama for in him one can find the true self. Someone who is willing and able to do what needs to be done with humility and honor and isn't afraid to stand by the people who has helped mold him into the individual Senator he has become today. As far as the ads of course there is a BIG difference. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Continue supporting, vote and get ready for a true change! America, we are apart of history!

Posted by: Nikki | March 19, 2008 3:11 PM

Posted by: Nikki | March 19, 2008 3:11 PM

so, Obama gets endosed by the Kennedy Dynasty, and then you turn around and say she is supported by the Dynasty???? He got a nod by the epitomy of political establishments. And yes, she has support among gender and racial spectrums too. Congresswoman Tubbs Jones, Senator Inouye, farmers, blue collar workers and yes, young college men and women.

oh, and Obama's wife fundraises for him too. You can pay to get a picture with her too.

and you criticize her for having fundraisers when people can't afford healthcare, but pride your candidate on getting $10 from the same people??

come on!!!!!

Posted by: liisalee | March 19, 2008 7:23 PM

Posted by: Mike | March 19, 2008 9:11 PM

any comments about Obama attending for 20 years the church where the pastor has made inflamatory remarks ablut America? did he agree with them? if not, why did he not leave the church? would you not? If Obama wins the nomination, the Republicans are going to eat ua alive with their patriotic vs anti patriotic theme. All they have to do is show pastor Wright saying those remarks and even democrats are going to vote for McCain. I already heard 2 people change their mind about Obama. Just today. I am glad this came out early. Clinton supporters, we cannot let the republicans win in November.

Posted by: nowwhat | March 19, 2008 9:46 PM

HEY! Vote Hillary! If we don't, the Republicans will win! Who's going to answer the phone? THE phone! You know, the red one, like the Bat Phone... Who's going to answer the Bat Phone? Barack HUSSEIN Obama? (Hey, isn't he a Muslim?) VOTE HILLARY! We need to look closely at Obama, and vote for Hillary. He's dangerous! (I'm scared)! He says nice things, but really, if you play his voice backwards, its satanic verse.

Posted by: scared_of_republicans | March 19, 2008 10:24 PM

McCain will answer the phone. Hillary is destroying the Democratic Party!!

Posted by: Don Hannaford | March 19, 2008 10:40 PM

"Most educated Democats support Obama, while working class, less educated Democrats support Hillary; that should tell you something very important about this election."

It does as a matter of fact. It tells me that we need to rid the election process of unamerican views like the one you have just stated. I'm an educated male Democrat and I say GO HILLARY!

Posted by: terdfergussen | March 19, 2008 11:18 PM

2008 Presidential Election Weekly Poll
Vote Weekly!
New Weekly YouTube video!

Posted by: votenic | March 19, 2008 11:20 PM

WATCHING THE NEWS ON OBAMA'S SPEECH YESTERDAY, I WAS AMUSED OF MY WIFE'S SAYING"LOOK, HE'S LIKE A GRADESCHOOL STUDENT WHO DID WRONG AND STILL DEFENDING HIMSELF SCARED TO BE EXPELLED...FROM POLITICS!

MEDIA, WHY YOU HATE HILALRY...BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN?...LOOK AT YOUR GIRLFRIENDS, WIVES,, MOTHERS, ETC...LOOK INB THEIR EYES AND YOU SEE THE SINCERITY AND TRUTHFULNESS...LOOK DEEPER ON HILLARY'S EYES AND YOU SEE HOW SHE EVOLVED AS A TRUE AMERICAN WHO IS READY AND ABLE TO FIGHT AND DIE FOR HER COUNTRY!

Posted by: GEO | March 20, 2008 12:13 AM

Posted by: GEO | March 20, 2008 12:13 AM

Posted by: GEO | March 20, 2008 12:14 AM

Terdfergussen, you sound more like a Republican than a Democrat. Just because someone insults you, it doesn't mean they are unamerican. Also, as a Kansas Dem, I resent Sen. Clinton and her campaign stating that caucuses are not democratic or that the "little states" don't matter. Sen. Clinton's sympathy for the disenfranchised voters from FL and MI is disingenuous: where's her sympathy for a the voters from the 10 states she lost? Believe me, this Dem from Kansas has been disenfranchised for the past 30 years. And now, even a candidate from my own party is saying my vote doesn't matter. She may not be unamerican, but she is clearly undemocratic.

Posted by: trumandem | March 20, 2008 12:19 AM

Barack Obama is an astute statesman, not a shrewd politician.
Barack Obama is a leader, not a liar.
Barack Obama is a visionary, not an opportunist.
Barack Obama is the answer to all our prayers, not our nightmare.
We had Lincoln, JFK and MLK. Now we have Obama!

Posted by: Ken | March 20, 2008 12:42 AM

Immunity to the racial undertones in our society is easy to diffuse because it becomes a part of our lives. Amazingly, it was not until Obama's speech on race that I realized I have lived with all the racial attitudes within my very liberal family. I have mixed children who my family loves. I have overlooked many weird remarks like, you're so lucky that they are as light as they are - this could have turned out really bad for them ...." ad nauseum. .. I have lived with it and not really heard it for what it really is from an outsider because I know that my family loves my kids. of course, I'm not going to divorce my family. My kids are now grown and they have learned to roll their eyes. It isn't like we agree however, living among this kind of diversity brings a tolerance. We understand that harsh words do not always mean hate - they are an expression of the kind of fears that polarize our country. Senator Obama is absolutely correct. I am still absorbing his speech days later. He is a true leader who understands the human spirit beyond the words. We do indeed have someone on the inside who is on our side.

Posted by: Shannon | March 20, 2008 4:04 AM

Posted by: Shannon | March 20, 2008 4:06 AM

HILLARY VOTED FOR THE WAR!! END OF STORY!!

Now we get to vote for what the american people want.

Posted by: Tim | March 20, 2008 5:24 AM

In response to Mike's post above, I have a Ph.D. and I support Senator Clinton, although I did vote for Obama for U.S. Senator from Illinois in 2004. I reason that, overall, things were definitely better during Bill Clinton's 8 years as President than they are now, and I believe that Senator Clinton would be at least as effective as her husband. I am not personally bothered by Obama's minister because white preachers clearly say much the same thing and African Americans have more than enough reason to be angry. What is coming out in the daily Chicago Tribune and Sun-Times on this Rezko trial, however, troubles me a great deal. If nothing turns up after the trial has ended, I'd be happy to support Obama in a later presidential bid. But why take a chance at this time when we have a very respectable candidate in Senator Clinton, and both candidates are so similar in their positions? I'm betting, but not certain, that Sen. Clinton has, in fact, been "fully vetted." Both candidates represent change from the current administration, and neither is going to do politics in fundamentally any different way than it has been done for centuries.

Posted by: An "educated" Clinton supporter | March 20, 2008 6:01 AM

All the obama supporters are defending him staying at the church, ALL the black ministers are defending Wrights preaching, that simply tells ALL Americans they also support his feelings of anti- America and white hatred that the church preaches. No one says Obama cant attend the church for 20 years, or raise his daughters to be racist like his wife, what we ARE SAYING is that HE CANNOT REPRESENT ALL OF AMERCIA AS U.S. PRESIDENT! Rev Wright was and most likely still is a paid advisor on Obamas campaign??? Obama and David Axelrod insisted that Obama be the black candidate early in SC when they tried to spin it on Bill Clinton, it worked for the biased tabloid media like CNN cronies, since then, we ALL have come to realize Obama has problems with the truth and we learned this week for sure where his faith and true beliefs are, its obvious THERES ABSOLUTLY NO CHANGE WITH OBAMA, HE WILL DRAG U.S. BACK TO THE 60'S RACIAL DIVIDE at a time our country needs to unite. He cannot do that, no matter how many black news casts tell you he can

OBAMA STANDS BEHIND SPIRITAL ADVISOR WRIGHT!
"Wright is like an uncle you love and respect" As imperfect as he may be, he has been family to me for so many years, I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community, said Obama. The man who believes and preaches the U.S. government formulated the HIV AIDS virus to commit genocide against blacks also preaches "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye on 9/11. This is the same man Obama had as advisor on his Presidential staff until this week. Rather than break ties with his demagogic, anti-American pastor, Obama used a speech on the non-back race to excuse his behavior and sweep the controversy under the rug. Passing the buck. Obama supposedly condemning Wright's shocking verbal assaults against the U.S and White Americans, but April last year; Obama was the first and quickest to demand Imus' ouster for making a racially insensitive remarks. His opinions and issues change with the weather, he is too UNSTABLE and proven he cannot make a decision or stay with one. Next we have ALL corrupt campaign financers, business and personal friends as indicted Rezko, former Dallas Mayor Hill, Rep. Rick Renzi and Mr. Auchi, leading supplier of arms to Saddam's regime convicted for corruption in France, the same British-Iraqi billionaire lent millions and millions of dollars to Obama all coming out of the woodwork. ALL this from the half black ex-Muslim who touts change and claims to be a uniter of all people? Proof he is just another in-experienced Washington politician that the media has like CNN has given a free pass at the great risk of our great country! There will soon be allot more video of Rev Wright and Obama coming, all this has proven without doubt if he is the nominee the democrat voters he cannot win the general election, just the black vote will not do it. Its time for Obama to leave this race and take his not so proud of America racist wife, spiritual advisor and anti white church with him..

Posted by: rozz62 | March 20, 2008 7:01 AM

Why are we so critical and judgemental? Can you honestly say that you have no friends, family, or advisors who could possibly make inflamatory statements with which you disagree? Come on, people! I love many people who happen to have (in my mind) "screwed up" visions of something. I love them for the OTHER parts of them - I do not damn them for their idiosyncracies. What is wrong with Americans? Oh yeah, I forgot, we are a highly "racist" society; we must shun people who are different from ourselves. We do not believe that we have an opportunity, here: an opportunity to love one another and rid our country of this hatred.

THAT is why we need Obama. We can change. We can affect the Reverand Whites of this nation. We can show them a better USA.

Obama 08

Posted by: LH Dallas | March 20, 2008 8:47 AM

The cat is out of the bag, and we are now seeing the real soul of Obama being revealed by the Rev. Jeremiah Wright who, by the way, would have likely ended up in the Obama cabinet at the White House were Obama to be elected.

Posted by: Chuck | March 20, 2008 11:24 AM

Obama's speech did little to address his strange tolerance for the anti-Americanism of his spiritual mentor

Posted by: LOOP Chicago | March 20, 2008 11:33 AM

Obama's speech is one of the coldest political exploitation I have ever heard: attacking his own grandmother by comparing her private fear of black men to his pastor (Wright)'s public anti-american, racism vitriol. This guy would say anything to get ahead.

Posted by: Lorian | March 20, 2008 11:41 AM

Obama's pastor and mentor of 20 years, Jeremiah Wright is a man who less than a week after 9/11 gave a sermon that sadistically rejoiced how America's chickens had come home to roost. Five days earlier, Americans (of all colors, incidentally) had leapt from the World Trade Center to escape the flames. And this is the Wright context!

Posted by: KaiteO | March 20, 2008 11:42 AM

You know a person by the company he/she keeps. Obama has kept this anti-American, racist for 20 years as his pastor and "inspirational mentor" (Obama's own word)

Posted by: Nicole | March 20, 2008 11:43 AM

Obama attempted to explain Wright's anger as typical of the civil rights generation, with its "memories of humiliation and doubt and fear." But Wright's problem is exactly the opposite: He ignored the message of Martin Luther King Jr. and introduced a new generation to the politics of hatred.

Posted by: windy | March 20, 2008 11:45 AM

it's best to just let a lot of the "professional" political commentary pass over ya for the next month, and just let the candidates themselves persuade - or DISuade - you. cause there will be two debates between now and the 22nd of April. one on the 16th, and one on the 19th.

Posted by: mateo | March 20, 2008 3:20 PM

I would like to know where your criticism has been hiding - where your indignation has been for the last 7 years. We have been the target of so many lies and have lived in such a corrupt state and have put up with so much subterfuge - we have been called unpatriotic, traitorous, and that is because we had the gall to object to this sad tired war. Our Vice President when asked about our objection to the war answered "SO?" We see now a young man who could work anywhere he wants, who is trying so hard to unite this country, make us talk about really important things, and he is attacked in the most vicious language. The words spoken by Rush and Hannity and Bill and those eloquent people in some of these comments are equal to and might surpass anything spoken out of racial experience lately. Remember the "lynch" word so carelessly thrown out lately?

Posted by: Anonymous | March 20, 2008 4:49 PM

Obama 08...LOL.

But I am just a typical white person.

Posted by: RWC | March 20, 2008 5:03 PM

I keep hearing what a brilliant speech this was but I did not find it moving. Nor did I find it unifying. He needed to explain away his pastor without seeming to blame others and yet he did exactly that by including criticism of Geraldine Ferraro as if her comments were just as terrible as Pastor Wrights'. The Fact is I never did see anything wrong with Ms Ferraro's comments. She simply spoke the truth of the situation and for doing so was accused falsely labeled a racist by the Obama campaign. Pastor Wright, on the other hand, blatantly cursed America using Gods name in the doing of it, and all from the pulpit. I guess the biblical commandment against using Gods name in vain means nothing to Pastor Wright, not to mention that he is saying these things against my country. The pastors' I know try to set a good example of their Christianity by avoiding such language but obviously Pastor Wright does not feel this way. To paraphrase Pastor Wright it seems some of Obama's chickens have come home to roost. Obama cannot maintain close associations over a long period of time with persons who hate my country without creating strong doubts in my mind that he should ever be trusted with the responsibilities of the President of the United States. Nor would I trust him to preserve, protect and defend the constitution, as the oath of office requires. Obama is likeable enough, and he talks a good line, but we need a President who can give us much more than that.

Posted by: Chesterfield1 | March 20, 2008 5:16 PM

I am not shocked with Pastor Wright's statements and I'm a elderly white woman. Certainly, to begin, they were taken out of context. Sound bites to be played again and again and again. But you know it's not that long ago that a black man had to step into the gutter to let a white man pass. There were 'Whites Only' signs every. In peaceful demonstrations, black people had hoses turned on them. They were beaten. I'd be ticked too. We need Barack Obama, a man who can see many sides to an issue, because he is not just 'one' thing - for me he is like a prism, with each side more brilliant then the last. We need his leadership. His intelligence, his compassion and understanding in The White House. The U.S. and the entire world will benefit. I have absolutely no doubt of that. I hope and pray his wonderful message of hope is not swallowed up in hate and ignorance.

Posted by: Joan | March 20, 2008 6:26 PM

It is about time for the Obama comapaign to move to another level next week. We have already put the Wright issues behind us.

And Obama is getting prepared to move on... he still is talking about unity, about bring a new level of government truth and no double speak once he is PRESIDENT.

The only problem is that he makes another mistake calling his grandmother a TYPICAL WHITE and the in the next statement implies that Racism was Bred into her being white.

Remember when Howard Cosell was removed from TV and national media when he made a comment similiar.. they were bred for speed.

Now the next President hopeful basically states that racism was bred into his grandmother.

Then if you read MICHELE OBAMA'S THESIS
project you will begin to see how she felt about white American when she was 22 years old.

Both Obama and his wife beonged to Trinity Church because they both BELIEVE in what Wright Teaches.

Obama hides behind the fact that he is Christian.. he will continue to double speak and tell half truths about his association with Wright and WHAT he believes.

Because of his biological hertiage he has a rather unique TOOL TO use. He passes from being black one minute to being white the next. Utilizing this mix to propose unifying both races if he is elected.

He promises everything BUT is delivering nothing..

His community service and that of his wife have been geared towards making him ore viable as a political candidate.

READ HER THESIS.. it was RELEASED FOR VIEW AFTER someone made an insure of in not being available in Princeton AND Michele claiming amnesia regarding what it said.

BEWARE A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING.

Posted by: Bob | March 21, 2008 5:04 PM

Some of you Hillary 'supporters" are either republicans in disguise, or worse racists in disguise. I can tell you one thing that you are definitely not helping Hillary's cause in the General election, were she to get there. But perhaps thats what you want...

As the great late senator, Paul Wellstone used to say that he represents the Democratic wing of the Democratic party. So does Barack.

Clinton is from the DLC, which produces the illustrious senator Lieberman as well.

Senator Wellstone who was the only senator up re-election in 2002, who voted against the Iraq resolution. Clinton's lack of courage, and claims on being mis-guided on that vote, is an insult to that memory. There is not a single issue where Clinton has taken a stand where it was not politically expedient (be it the Iraq War, welfare reform, Nafta).

Posted by: Sid | March 21, 2008 11:11 PM

How interesting it is to read other bloggers and their "take" on Obama's speech. I felt like he was talking to me as an adult, speaking about adult issues we should begin to grapple with and address. When Hillary talks I feel like a little kid being lectured and yelled at. (can't stand her tone of voice during many of her speeches. So we all see these candidates from different perspectives and that's what makes politics interesting.

Posted by: Peggy | March 22, 2008 9:19 AM

I totally agree with Sid. However, I am sure Obama has made many a decision based on "politics" and whether it would or would not be of benefit to him, personally.

However, there's one different Sid points to. Hillary was wrong in that one big decision and she has never admitted or apologized for it. This was not a good political move.....we all make mistakes and it is a wise man who admits to these mistakes.

Hilliary in my estimation is a flawed candidate. She isn't interested in Florida or Michigan voters, she's interested in getting their numbers. She has lied about her trip to Bosnia, lied about her experience and would make the Republicans very very happy if she were the candidate. They have been accumulating stuff on her and Bill since they left the White House and can't wait to put it all out there. I, for one, can't fathom having them in the White House again....no thank you.

Posted by: Peg | March 22, 2008 9:26 AM

So many people are showing their ugly TRUE

COLORS, huh.

If America is not racist...

Why are the blogs full of racist remarks?

Can you hear yourselves?

This must be a sign of badly needed

classes in Social Science and Social

Behavior.

We do have some very fine people in this

country and we need to encourage the hate

mongers to stop spreading hatred,

because the blogger's are off the hook.

So many remarks are unjustifiably mean.

Stop the madness, please.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 22, 2008 1:41 PM

So many people are showing their ugly TRUE

COLORS, huh.

If America is not racist...

Why are the blogs full of racist remarks?

Can you hear yourselves?

This must be a sign of badly needed

classes in Social Science and Social

Behavior.

We do have some very fine people in this

country and we need to encourage the hate

mongers to stop spreading hatred,

because the blogger's are off the hook.

So many remarks are unjustifiably mean.

Stop the madness, please.

Posted by: henry | March 22, 2008 1:41 PM

John F. Kennedy, in his Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association on 12 September 1960, said,
" [N]either do I look with favor upon those who would work to subvert Article VI of the Constitution by requiring a religious test, even by indirection.

Posted by: Hopes4Change | March 23, 2008 12:05 AM

What Rev. Wtight said was intemperate at best. Rev. Wright unlike most of the bloggers has spent his life trying to feed the hungry and cloth the naked. He didn't just talk about making America work he established day cares, HIV-Aids ministries, and schools. He didn't sit around patting himself on the back proclaiming his patriotism, he served as a U.S. Marine. Repeatedly someone says of Obama, words, just words. Well take a look at the deeds of Jeremiah Wright and most sanctimonious hypocrites will fall silent.

Rev. Wright was not preaching hatred for this Country and certainly not a hatred for White people. He was criticizing (as he has a right to do) behavior that he found objectionable, in the hope that doing so would propel more people into action to affect a change of direction.

What he was calling for is the same thing that King and other Black ministers/leaders have called for, for decades, that is for America to live up to its creed. He decried the acts of violence perpetrated across the world by a people who call themselves Christians. He challenged our support of dictators, narcotics traffickers, and human rights violators in other lands, when it met our 'national' interests.

He did not reject America, rather he was challenging all listening people to demand of America that it be America for real and stop pretending.

Posted by: ChiLife | March 23, 2008 5:05 PM

Posted by: jaybs1 | March 19, 2008 02:25 PM

Posted by: jaybs1 | March 19, 2008 02:25 PM

From what I read the above statement and looking in from the Canadian side of things these ar our Canadian thoughts about your politicians:)
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
We in Canada cannot afford the Clinton's price tags but we can handle Obama point of view since we here in Canada are so diverse human race .Good luck Mr. Barrack Obama, just so you all know I am proud to have (mixed heritage in my blood ) just like Mr. Obama and have been privy to looking at both sides of Life before any decision of my Life.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Posted by: Mariejocelynne Sirois Toronto Canada | March 23, 2008 5:09 PM

Is it so absolutely essential to have our own way about who wins? We can all campaign our hardest for our candidate, but this degree of hate talk and anger is out of proportion. If we get McCain for president, you can say bye bye to Roe vs. Wade after he makes supreme court justice choices. You can say good-bye to many of our young people because they're going to a dumb war that doesn't keep us safe and in fact inflames people who hate us to a greater degree. If we get McCain for president you'll get a chance to sing his new national anthem---Bomb, Bomb, Bomb---Bomb, Bomb Iran. Our candidates have very similar programs. I like mine best, but I won't get people killed over it. So far, many more Iraqis have died then all the English killed in World War II, not to mention 4,000 Americans dead and 30,000 wounded--many of them amputees and traumatic brain injuries. If each of the dead were going to be your loved ones would you still tear this party apart to the point where McCain becomes the next president. We all need to keep things in perspective.

Posted by: karela | March 24, 2008 1:16 AM

And. . .About this thing of knowing a person by the company they keep---They said Jesus was evil because he let a prostitute hang out with him. He even let her wash his feet with expensive oil and dry it with her hair. Neither any of us or either of our candidates is Jesus, but the teaching is still valid. Jesus didn't throw people away. He hung with them and loved them and by example offered a better way. What ever happened to judge not that you be not judged and take the log out of your own eye instead of worrying about the mote in your neighbor's eye and forgive seventy times seven. Not everybody is Christian, but the world might work better if we heeded some of these wise sayings.

Posted by: karela | March 24, 2008 1:25 AM

GEO,

wow.. You comparing your wife to Hillary?? Did she duck sniper too?? This is the sexism the media keep talking about. We need to get out of that kind of politics which is what Obama, Mcain and yes even Hillary sometimes promote. Hillary doesn't represent all the women in America, not all of them have ducked sniper fire.

Keep it clean people