About Channel '08  |  Blog Partner: PrezVid.com  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed  (What's RSS?)

MoveOn's Winning Ads for Obama

It's been two months since MoveOn.org asked group members to submit ads in support of Barack Obama, who is endorsed by the group.

Having received more than 1,100 submissions, the group picked "Obamacan," a 30-second message produced by David Gaw and Lance Mungia of Monrovia, Calif. It's about Obama's bipartisan appea. MoveOn will spend $200,00 to air it on national cable channels, and on broadcast stations in Ohio, Wisconsin, and Colorado.

MoveOn recruited several celebrity judges to help pick the winning ad, including director Oliver Stone, Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Veder, actress Julia Stiles and Maryland Congressional candidate Donna Edwards (D).

The group also cited four other ads for humor, and originality. "Playground Politics" was called out for its positive message:

The 15 total finalists in the ad competition are also posted online.

-- Ed O'Keefe

By Ed O'Keefe |  May 12, 2008; 2:51 PM ET Ad Watch , Barack Obama
Previous: McCain's Environmental Message | Next: Clinton Says Thank You, Again and Again and Again

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

MoveOn.org is for a Socialist World Government. They hate America and will do anything including lying, making up fake Organizations then labeling them non-partisan so they can quote them to justify their bogus positions, and use misdirection by stating they are Veterans, Republicans or Independents to try and garner creditability.

They lie and are no different than the Ron Paul 9/11 Truthers. Who, just like Louis Farrakhan and the former KKK Grand Dragon for the State of California by the name of Thomas Metzger (or it was his son) sat across from each other and publicly proclaimed that they had no problem with each other because they both wanted the same thing...autonomous countries for the race... RP's 9/11 Truthers and MoveOn are the same and will do anything and say anything to further their bogus positions. One of their COMMON traits is that they both HATE AMERICA.

They both have NO credibility and anyone that would do an Advertisement for them is very SUSPECT and 99% likely to be lacking in candor. One of these guys calls himself a Veteran. Well I doubt he really is but if so, as a real Veteran... I am ashamed of him.

Posted by: Danny | May 13, 2008 2:11 PM

I'm done with Move-On after they decided to pick our nominee for us. They picked the wrong person, Obama can not defeat McCain. Move-On SHOULD have waited to back the candidate the Democratic voters pick. How stupid. I toss "That Nation" mag in the trash too. They also picked inexperienced racist Obama who will never get my vote after what I have learned about him and the injustice I have seen. It's Hillary or the highway.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 14, 2008 10:54 AM

I've never been so excited by the prospects of a presidential race as I am in this one and it's all because of Barack Obama. He inspires me in positive ways as opposed to the erie feeling I get from Hillary Clinton -- I just don't trust her to do the right things if she were to get elected -- it would all be politics as usual. We need a new direction in this country and we need Barack Obama leading us.

Posted by: Ronnie | May 14, 2008 5:57 PM

I sat down and watched a couple of hours of these ads..
It is so neat how creative our citizens are.

Moveon is through these ads showing you can get your point across without "Swiftboating"
The winner is a good choice..
Still hope people listen to Obama when he asks them to donate to the campaigns and not to the 527's
I am so looking forward to November.

Posted by: goddesscon2001 | May 15, 2008 7:39 AM

This is a JOKE! Had this been "common place" it would NOT be news or a commercial! So you finally find one Republican white male voting for Obama and do this commercial....IT REALLY SENDS A MESSAGE THAT NO WHITE MALE REPUBLICANS ARE VOTING FOR OBAMA! And they are not!

Posted by: DEM NOW IND | May 15, 2008 2:18 PM

Moveon.org needs to do just that. Move On and Move Out!

Posted by: DEM NOW IND | May 15, 2008 2:20 PM