About Channel '08  |  Blog Partner: PrezVid.com  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed  (What's RSS?)

Michigan Republicans Blast Barack

Peter Hauck

The Michigan Republican Party on Monday posted a YouTube video asking Barack Obama "Why did you boycott Michigan for so long? They also charge that "You stiffed our voters" and "You insulted our way of life" (replaying the "bitter" Americans audio bite). What? None of Reverend Wright's greatest hits? (Wait until October.)

By Ed O'Keefe |  June 17, 2008; 1:12 PM ET Barack Obama
Previous: 'Daisy' Co-Creator Passes Away | Next: McCain Goes 'Global' While Sierra Club Hits Back

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

OBAMA KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING, HE KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO GIVE HIM MICHIGAN VOTES EVEN THOUGHT HE TOOK HIS NAME OFF THE BALLOT!I AM A "BITTER PA PERSON" AND I WILL NOT VOTE FOR HIM,I HAVE SINCE CHANGED TO THE REP PARTY, I WAS SO DISCUSSTED WITH THE DNC, NOW THEY ARE ON EVERY BLOG BEGGING FOR FUNDS TO HAVE THEIR CONVENTION! I SAY LET OBAMA PAY FOR IT, HE HAS ENOUGHT DIRTY MONEY TO GO AROUND!

Posted by: JABBER | June 17, 2008 1:58 PM

CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S PANDERING FOR VOTES NOW THAT HE BLOCKED A RE-VOTE.

OBAMA- O-NO

NOT VOTING FOR OBAMA FOR NOV - LIKE DOZENS OF MY FRIENDS, WILL SIT THIS ONE OUT THIS YEAR.

DNC = DISGUSTING NASTY C**TS

Posted by: CDUB | June 17, 2008 2:29 PM

Somebody call the WEH-mbulance :(

Posted by: nice try | June 17, 2008 2:38 PM

You dumbasses; Obama was the one with a sense of fairness and justice. He removed his name from the ballot because that was the right thing to do. The fact that the DNC gave him votes was because your state whinned about not being counted after you broke the rules.

Posted by: amorrison96 | June 17, 2008 2:39 PM

Looks like we wont be getting the GOP votes we weren't going to get anyway... Oh well...

Barack Obama for President of The United States of America.

Posted by: PulSamsara | June 17, 2008 2:42 PM

Are Republicans smart enough to turn off the 'Cap Locks' ?

It just makes you look dumb to type like that :)

Posted by: PulSamsara | June 17, 2008 2:44 PM

I HATE WHEN MY CAPS BUTTON IS BROKEN AND I HAVE TO LOOK LIKE AN UTTER RETARD ON FORUMS. I HAVE NO SOCIAL SKILLS SO I TYPE IN CAPS. I AM TOO STUPID TO REALIZE THAT MCCAIN IS A MORON BECAUSE HE IS SMARTER THAN ME.

You do realize that McCain has lived on tax dollars his whole life? The only time McCain has not been a drain on American taxpayers is when he was a POW... then he was just a drain on the Vietnamese tax payers.

We are talking about a man who graduated 1 step up from dead last in his class. Who sucks so bad at warfare he got captured. And I bet he squealed all the secrets he knew.

Then he comes back to the states. Cheats on his wife who raised his kids and ran off with a young rich woman. Great morals there.

Please lets elect someone who's morals are WORSE than bush's

Posted by: TimL | June 17, 2008 2:46 PM

I'M GOING TO TALK IN ALL CAPS AND MAKE UP A STORY ABOUT HOW I USED TO BE A DEMOCRAT AND GOT MAD ABOUT SOMETHING INSIGNIFICANT AND SWITCHED TO THE REPUBLICAN SIDE!!! I'M GOING TO PUT LOTS OF EXCLAIMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!! AND USE WORDS LIKE NO-BAMA AND HUSSEIN. I WILL NEVER GIVE SPECIFICS AS TO MY [FAUX] DISAGREEMENT AND I WILL ALWAYS SPEAK IN VAGUE GENERALITIES BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS... I'm a Republican operative and we're gonna lose if I don't do this.

Posted by: guilty | June 17, 2008 2:47 PM

LOL

Posted by: PulSamsara | June 17, 2008 2:53 PM

The truth is - they would have to type all the comments over because they're all copied and pasted comments from the GOP sleaze directive - and typing is hard for under-educated republicans.

Posted by: PulSamsara | June 17, 2008 2:57 PM

Wait?

We care about pissed off Repubs who were not voting anyway? (FOR OBAMA)

Wait - Are these not the same REPUBS who were happy the DEMO fight went on for so long?

Wait - Was it not the state of Mich who broke the rules?

Wait - Are we now blaming Obama for following the rules?

Whatever!

Posted by: Vance | June 17, 2008 3:28 PM

Obama pulled out of the Michigan primary because he was polling poorly.
Then blocked a re-vote.
He was afraid he might lose even more PRIMARY STATES.(please don't let everyone vote).
I am a life long Dem. but will vote McCain.
Why you might ask? We have fought the Left wing of the Dem. party every four years.
Many left wingers voted for Ralph Nader in 2000 and 2004 costing Dems. a real chance to govern.I'm a blue collar Dem.; not a LEFT WINGER!
Now you have your LEFT WINGER;see if you can win.

Posted by: justfacts | June 17, 2008 3:45 PM

Michigan has one of the highest unemployment rates and home foreclosure rates in the U.S. and still after 8 years there are some people so stubborn as to blame this on the Democrats or the "liberals" or whatever. The Repubs are supposed to be the friends of big oil and yet oil prices are rising. There is no oil shortage, if there was, there would be lines like in the 70's. If you want more of the same by all means vote Republican. Maybe what this country needs is to hit the very bottom of the barrel before it gets to a point where it will do some soul searching.

Posted by: 6925thcobras | June 17, 2008 3:47 PM

John 'Budweiser' McCain wrote the Military Commissions Act (MCA) of 2006 that has met 2 Supreme Court challenges and failed miserably.

It has allowed Bush to continue torturing prisoners because it allows Bush to define what torture is and of course under George's Definition, "America doesn't torture."

The MCA ex post facto provision gives the Bush Administration and Civilian CIA agencies and their Black Water type Contractors immunity from prosecution for what the Supreme Court ruled in Hamdan Vs. Rumsfeld "War Crimes" and Crimes against Humanity while the troops who followed their directions have been Court Marshaled and had their lives ruined. Bush held a behind closed doors meeting on the Hill with Republicans to hammer out these provisions of the Bill which is technically a Conspiricy to Obstruct Justice.

McCain in the MCA took away our rights to habeas Corpus if we were to be held as "enemy combatants".

McCain should be in Jail not the White House.

Posted by: Donaldd | June 17, 2008 4:37 PM

No life-long Democrat would ever vote Republican. So, those of you who say this are dealing in a something far from the truth. You were not going to vote for Obama or any other Democrats anyway, so why lie. I am a registered Republican and IN NOVEMBER, I am going to vote for OBAMA.
BY-THE-WAY (ALL CAPS), I have four earned degress that include the Doctorate.

Posted by: Curtis | June 17, 2008 5:15 PM

Michigan dissed?

Michigan dissed the party.

Obama followed the rules. I imagine that is beyond their ken.

Republicans who signed on to this are not a factor. They are the alien creatures in all of this, and are tooting a horn without a mouthpiece.

Posted by: Richard McDonough | June 17, 2008 5:18 PM

Speaking of being a dumb-ass...somebody needs to tell Obama we have 50 states. Oh and by the way, I must be racist because I am not voting for Barack...but of course it's not racist when black people vote for him because he's black.

Where's the logic with you people?

Posted by: James | June 17, 2008 5:29 PM

Senator Obama has a history of using cheap tricks to get his opponent disqualified. He got Alice Palmer and three other candidates disqualified and won the democratic primary for Illinois State Senate unopposed. Look it up in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_J._Palmer
Too bad Hillary Clinton voters got stiffed by underhanded tatics used in Caucus elections.

Posted by: Ram | June 17, 2008 5:52 PM

The Republicans are trying to successfully redefine Barack Obama because he's a less known candidate. The Republicans haven't realized that they have successfully redefined John Mccain. Mccain was known as the Maverick because of his oppositions and his voting record. However, The Maverick we once knew formally known as John Mccain is no more. The Republicans has succeeded with redefining John Mccain into an unknown candidate. Who is this new John Mccain and what does he believes in? What happen to the Maverick that was odd and stood up for what he beleived regardless what anybody thought? The republicans have pressured Mccain to change his positions on just about everything that made him the popular independent. I don't think the American voters are familiar with this new John Mccain or what he stands for. Thanks to the right, I think Obama has much to gain redefining Mccain as Republicans do Obama.

Posted by: Lindsey | June 17, 2008 8:20 PM

This was not a boycott on Obama's part. Its clear this was a matter for the DNC regardless what any of the Democratic candidates thought. Its natural for Republicans to attack for anything whether it has legs or not.

Posted by: Craig | June 17, 2008 8:23 PM

Why are the Republicans talking about what happened during the Democratic elections. Its clear those voting wasn't voting for a Republican. I can't wait until Obama win this election to crush allot of ego's. Especially let Republicans know that their scare tactics and lies isn't going to work anymore to win elections.

Posted by: Frank | June 17, 2008 8:26 PM

It's un-American to place other consideration s such as Obama's skin color before self interest. If you're reeling under economic pressure shed your racism and vote for Obama to save yourself in the coming hard times. Learn from your stupidity of recent years and vote for Dems. In any event your time is up. Obama will be the president because your idea of America is superseded. A new generation of pragmatic Americans are now at the helm.

Posted by: Kate | June 17, 2008 8:49 PM

haha, i becthu all this repub' are allover the 'dems sites tryn' to manipulate democracts. tryn to act like clinton suppoters..shame on them, at the end dems are votin' dems and the repubs who have there eyes open are also gonna catch-up and make the right choice...

Posted by: kats | June 17, 2008 11:31 PM

Hi! Note for me now! Even after I tried to shaft the people of Michigan! Come on you whitey vote for me even though I withdrew from the ballot and because in the general election the DNC can't give me McCain vote!

I am Barack Hussien Obama and I approve this message!

Posted by: Cheryll | June 18, 2008 4:55 AM

BO wants to be prez of how many states? 48!

Didn't he say he had visited 76 states?

Somebody please get this boy history lessons, please!

Michelle said she would NOT support Hillary if she had won the nomination. What a wonderful first she will be. Now they want Hillary supporters to just switch. Look at what they did when Hillary's name was brought up at the Al Gore endorsement, all that booing. Keep it up you rude, crude and socially unacceptable BO fans, you are helping John McCain secure the Hillary supporters.
Thanks

www.floridavoters.blogspot.com

Posted by: saren | June 18, 2008 9:30 AM

Obama isn't going to get the Re tard Repukeblicans votes anyway. We have been screwed for the last 8 years by the Repukes, I for the life of me can't understand why they (the repukes) would want 8 more years of this crap. A never ending war, high priced gas, Congress critters that love to thwart any legislation, wether good or bad,loss of civil liberties (hell we don't really need them anyway),The highest tax pork spending ever (Iraq war), most expensive and crappy healthcare system in the world, always having to bailout the corps for bad behavior, should I go on? Must be the inner breeding...

Posted by: Methinks | June 18, 2008 10:41 AM

Methinks,
don't tell me you enjoyed the Clintons years in the White Hoiuse. BO preached that his admin would not be anyting close to the prosparity we had back then, BO hates Bill Clinton, even tho those were the best times we have had in 40 years. He did everything he could to put down the Clinton years, just like his Wright hand man.
Just how much "bacon" did BO get for IL? and how much went to that flegler fella?

Posted by: saren | June 18, 2008 10:54 AM